Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 75454 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #720 on: November 30, 2020, 10:58:22 pm »

Greenhouse

"A- ah- okay!" Arnett seems shocked, yet still flattered that anyone in general was willing to just talk to him. "And, um, likewise! I mean, I'm happy to be able to talk anytime."

Dining Hall

"W-wait- huh- what's going on?" Arnett suddenly looks very intimidated, instinctively stepping towards Rika as if she were a safety blanket he was trying desperately not to dive into at the first sign of social interaction. "Uh- I mean- s-sure?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 30, 2020, 11:02:00 pm »

Something about the way Orrel was phrasing that seemed a little off to Rika.

"Oh... are y'all half-brothers? I ain't trying to offend you, just that 'old marriage' and 'my dad' sounds like something happened."

Rika put a hand on Arnett's shoulder comfortingly, letting him know she was backing him up if he needed it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #722 on: November 30, 2020, 11:03:36 pm »

"Hm. You need a lot of stuff when it comes to fighting, and most of that stuff doesn't work nicely together. You want all of your gear to be light, strong, easy to use, and cheap to fix." The discussion actually seemed to speed Lin's pace up with the distraction, though she still wasn't moving terribly fast. "It's especially true if it's one of your limbs. I need a leg that will stand up to fiends gnawing on it, but also one that won't kill me of exhaustion after a mile of hiking, or slow me down so badly I can't get to where I need to be. It's easy to make a durable leg, it's a little harder to make a light leg, and it's really hard to make one that's both while actually fitting right." Her tone shifted to a slight grumble with this last, complete with a somewhat more forceful step with her artificial limb. "Sometimes you almost think you have a design that's both, and then you step wrong and it bends in half, or a screw falls out along with your ankle."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 01, 2020, 04:39:20 am »

Alicia

Mus'ad nods.
"Alright, do you have any ideas of who would let us use their room? Worse comes to worst, we could use my room or maybe someplace outside."

Mordecai

Mus'ad leans back in his chair with a hum, steepling his fingers as he considers how to explain. Finally, he sits upright once again as he leans on the table.
"Well, let's think of it like this. A divination is as to a diviner as a destination is to a traveler. So just as it takes more resources or time to go to a destination that's farther away, so to it takes more resources or time to see further into the future. For example, I could peek ahead say, five seconds from now and it'd be about as hard me standing and walking to the end of the table. But in comparison peeking ahead to the rest of the day would be the equivalent of doing a walk around the school; or there's peeking ahead in the middle of a fight which is akin to me walking across a room with floors covered in grease and broken glass, same distance just requires more care."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 01, 2020, 11:22:00 am »

"Hmm? Oh, ha, no, though I can see how you would think it. No, we've both got the same parents. Just... We didn't exactly grow up in a happy family. My mom left not long after Arnett was born. She left us with our father and returned home. To York. Our father did his best but...

Well he's the reason I'm here to be a knight. My fans are his actually. Well... His and his fathers and his fathers fathers, and so on and so forth back to the founding of the order. Always the oldest son. Always a knight. And always... always being heroic. Even at the cost of their own lives. It was the tragedy at Volskaya. He fought when no one else would. Even though he knew it meant Arnett and I would never see him again. He just left me his fans and then was gone. So then mother was stuck with two children she barely wanted. But now we're both grown up and she can have her life back."

The bitterness in Orrel's voice was now clear. His resentment and frustration and grief were exposed and he wasn't holding it back anymore.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 01, 2020, 11:26:03 am »

"I wonder what kind of materials you'd need.....sorry if I'm sounding kinda stupid. Uh....I used to work for a smith's in Barminster, back when I was trying to raise money to come here. He kinda blabbed on about the same stuff you are."

"Yeah, just take these tickets to Himiko and Joel so when I'm right, Kaede will finally see that I have a point."
Kaede simply crosses her arms.

"Thereshouldjustbesomeemptyatthemoment, somaybewecoulduseone?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 01, 2020, 01:29:16 pm »

Kruger takes the tickets and looks to Arnett.

"If you want to play Cupid's helper with me, I won't stop you. But I can imagine there are more..."
"... what's the word again? Ah, right..."
"... more meaningful activities to pursue."

He then makes his way to the Student Union's office, not really caring if Arnett follows him or not, politely knocking at the door.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #727 on: December 01, 2020, 01:40:05 pm »

"Well, steels are the obvious choice. They're heavy, though, and a lot of them rust easy. Aluminum doesn't, but I don't trust it to take hits like steel. Maybe an aluminum bronze or something. . . um. Anyway. Fasteners. You can strap things together with leather, or use metal pins, but pins like to break suddenly and leather wears. And burns. And then you need something to get grip on the foot, too, and usually it needs to not rip up the floors. I got yelled at for that once."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 01, 2020, 09:55:43 pm »

@ Tea Party

Mordecai cautiously let himself into the room and sat down.

: "You are...Isabella, right? From Class 3-C." He felt like he should apologize for something, though he didn't know what for. Being on the winning team?

: "I admit, your request got me curious. Not the sort of thing one would expect to find on a bulletin board. So, what's the plan?"

@ Reeve

The vampire sensed that the time for talk was over, and just let himself run alongside Reeve. She was surprisingly quick once she got her second wind!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 02, 2020, 02:45:05 pm »

Annika simply smiles, and then continues working on planting something on the ground.

No response greets Kruger, Arnett and presumably Rika at the Student Union office door.

"Hm. What about....alphinite-treating your alloys? I don't know the specifics, but that's supposed to make things rustproof and resistant to Fiend attacks. It's what they put for armor-plating for military cars. I think Professor Ramsay would know more about it, though."

Isabella simply nods, standing up to walk over to the tea leaves.
"I'm afraid I only have the one kind of tea. It's a special kind, grown in Tianchao."
"Plan? I only wanted to someone to enjoy some....quiet pleasures with. You would be surprised how difficult it is to get someone to enjoy a quiet cup of tea and some conversation with. Especially given my reputation."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:46:51 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #730 on: December 02, 2020, 03:20:20 pm »

Lin ruminated on the question for a moment, briefly falling silent save for the sounds of her asymmetrical walking.

"Thought about it. Alphinite is expensive, though. Don't want to. . . waste something that value on a subpar design." She paused again, stopping mid-stride for an instant before resuming her previous pace. "And. . . working with it makes me feel a little weird. Like it'll bite me or something. Doesn't make sense to me, either, but. . ." She trailed off, taking a few more steps before stopping again. Sieglinde leaned against the wall heavily. "Are we almost there? I, uh, haven't been very focused." Exhaustion was beginning to seep into her bones, visibly so; following a hard day at the forge with a meltdown like that took a lot out of the smith.
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 02, 2020, 05:18:32 pm »

"How unusual..."

Kruger then tries to open the door.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 03, 2020, 12:50:11 pm »

"I think we're at the inventory? No, infirmary. Bleh. Sorry. I kinda get ahead of myself when I speak." Kaya opens the door for Lin to get into the infirmary.

Kruger finds that the door is unlocked....and that Himiko is straddling Joel, again, with their faces almost touching.

This persists for an awkwardly long time before Himiko notices, and the two immediately fly apart.

"Grass is greener and all that, Chatgeant. All my Arte does is make me tougher if I get roughed up."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 03, 2020, 12:55:41 pm »

Mordecai

With Mordecai now following Reeve's lead, the two simply ran for the remaining fifteen minutes of their "jog", ultimately ending with Reeve back to where she was before they started, completely out of breath and supporting herself on shaking knees,

"S-See? A little jog like that was nothing! It takes far more than a little legwork to get overcome my stamina" the mage managed to say between gasps for air, giving Mordecai one of her trademarked smiles while clearly being able to barely keep standing,

"Like running, for example. That can get me down quickly, but it's more rewarding than a simple jog."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #734 on: December 03, 2020, 03:16:41 pm »

Lin nodded, dragging herself the last few steps to her destination.

"Thanks for walking me here." She gave a desultory wave to the nurse, who inevitably already knew why she was here. "Hi."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 113