Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 75457 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #795 on: January 14, 2021, 09:32:11 am »

Kruger simply looks towards the suspicious alleyway with a cold and determined stare.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 16, 2021, 01:33:45 pm »

Alicia breathes into a paper bag for a little longer before inhaling and turning back to Mus'ad.
"JustimagininghowmanypeoplearegoingtobeinfrontomewhenIspeak. Igetnervousinfrontofhugecrowds. It'ssomucheasiertofightfiresthanteachpeoplehowtodealwithfires, youknow?"

She's speaking even faster than usual, if that's even possible.

Rika, Arnett and Kruger are faced with a nondescript man, dressed in a dark brown trenchcoat with no identifying markers; already odd, when you consider the ridiculous variety of fashions surrounding him. Some tree bark is visible on his neck, marking him as a Dryad.

"Who are you? I'm minding my own business."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 16, 2021, 11:26:47 pm »

Mus'ad nods. He rubs his chin in thought as he considers this conundrum before sighing.
"Hm, well, first why don't we look at some way to manage the stress first? Like, how would you normally calm down when you're scared? Is it just the bag thing or..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 17, 2021, 12:13:34 pm »

"You're dressed like a weirdo and standing around in an alley. I ain't sure your business is all that wholesome, sir."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 20, 2021, 03:23:41 pm »

"Inormallytakeinventoryofallmyfiresafetyandrescueequipment. Keepingexactnumbersofallofmyequipmenthelpsmecalmdown. ObviouslyIcan'tjustbringmyequipmentonstagetocountit,though,right?"

The shifty Dryad looks Rika over.
"What business of yours is it if my business is wholesome or not? Isn't this an invasion of privacy?"

Eventually, Kaya and Lin arrive at the cafeteria. Being as it is a few hours before the big dinner rush, most people are just coasting off whatever the kitchens have left over from lunch. You spy Ilse with a young Dracis woman putting a blanket over her on one of the tables as she sleeps, seemingly overworked, and you also see Elma running yet another poker game with Freddie and a few students you don't know. Judging from her cheeky grin, she's winning.

"So, uh....wanna just get something to eat real quick?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 20, 2021, 06:40:40 pm »

Mus'ad starts to shake his head before pausing in thought.
"Depends, how much equipment do you have?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 20, 2021, 06:41:42 pm »

"Alot."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 20, 2021, 07:37:57 pm »

"Last time I checked, a seedy alleyway is not a legal private home, so we are not committing an invasion of your privacy. Rather, it is simply in our best interest as concerned citizens to protect ourselves proactively by making sure that your planned activities do not interfere with ours or those of other law-abiding people."
"This goes doubly for someone who looks this plain and unremarkable in a part of town filled with fashion afficionados. My, one may actually think you're dressing like that with a purpose beyond wearing clothing..."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 20, 2021, 10:17:25 pm »

"Alot."

Mus'ad thinks for a few moments before steepling his fingers in front of his mouth.
"Do you think we could get them up there for your presentation? We could frame them as visual aids, maybe give people examples of how to use them... And you can count them when you start to panic."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #804 on: January 21, 2021, 01:14:59 am »

"Sure. Hope they have something sugary." Lin didn't have much of a sweet tooth, but in her experience it was the best way to restart herself. She spotted Ilse in the corner with a girl she didn't recognize; evidently they were at least somewhat close. "Looks like I'm not the only one overdoing it."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 21, 2021, 07:39:54 pm »

Alicia ponders the suggestion.
"Thatsoundslikeagoodideabutwouldn'tthatlookreallyweird?"

Kaya gives a look over at Ilse.
"Yeah. She's a really hard worker from what I know, even if I've hardly spoken to her. I didn't know she had a girlfriend, though. As for sugary....you thinking cinnamon rolls or a Harrow Mess?"

"A man can dress however he likes! That's rather-"

"Stop, evildoers!"

Suddenly, a blast of lightning slaps two men, evidently hiding behind a dumpster behind the man, out of hiding. They are dressed identically to the person the trio seem to be speaking to.

An oddly-dressed (even by the standards of the city) girl, about Arnett's age, steps out, snapping her fingers as what appears to be a cat made of shadows appears around her leg, sparking with lightning.
"Your bidding is done, my lady. I caught those two hiding away with hidden weapons on their person."
"Behold, the might of La Princesse Isabeau du Archambault and her faithful servant Matagot! No foul villain can find themselves hidden from the all-seeing eye! The stars do not lie to me, and I have foreseen your vile intent!"

The nondescript man looks between her, the students, and the men behind him, pulling themselves up.
"You.....you must be Solrise students. Damn it."

"Boss, what was that? I've never seen the like!"
"Did that cat just-"

"Listen, kiddos, you should back off. This is NONE of your business."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:42:45 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 21, 2021, 07:44:00 pm »

"What."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 21, 2021, 08:45:24 pm »

"Rather peculiar indeed..."
"I wonder what category of Artes that is."

Kruger spaces out for two or three seconds thinking about it before he lowers his hand.

"Right. If you are indeed evildoers, then, as members of Solrise, we must prevent evil from unfolding itself."
"Forewarning, my Artes is Voice Amplification. Do anything funny and every guardsman in this city will hear my voice. Including which street that something funny is happening right now."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 21, 2021, 09:41:33 pm »

Arnett had been doing pretty well just staying behind Rika and praying that they didn't have to get into a fight, but now whatever just happened had Arnett completely flabbergasted.

"...Uh?"

If not for Kruger's threat, Arnett might not have had the motivation to throw out his own threat even if he sounded significantly less threatening even compared to Kruger.

"Yeah-! And- I can paint a- a whole army of soldiers, so... so don't even try to do anything funny, yeah!" That was a complete and utter lie— while it was theoretically possible, Arnett knew that painting bodyguards took a physical and mental toll on him. He could only really do one... But nobody needed to know that.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #809 on: January 21, 2021, 11:16:20 pm »

"Cinnamon rolls are probably best." She nodded, then continued to drag herself toward the food, steadfastly refusing any attempts by Kaya to help her get it now that they'd made it this far.  "I don't know how people even manage to date in school. People are work, and they don't stop being work." There was a note of something else in her voice, though the odd tone could have been simple exhaustion tugging at it. Sieglinde looked like she was about to continue, before shaking her head with a small sigh.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 113