Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 10 Turns II: Six Months Until the Fiendlord's Invasion  (Read 3566 times)

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Turns II: Seven Months Until the Fiendlord's Invasion
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2024, 01:33:32 am »

Use Illusions and perhaps a little bribery to convince the Locals that these men are infact a entire squad of Mercenary troops, who brought their own food and can sleep standing upwards, no need to touch them or check on their armor or burn me at the stake. With the illusions applied onto the Undead to protect them from both mobs of angry Peasantry and Anti-undead spells.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2024, 02:56:39 am »

Strife sends a messenger pigeon vulture to ZBridges bearing a disguised message:
"Congratulations on your promotion, my esteemed and fiendish comrade. Do not let your ambition cloud your sense of judgement—a time will come for Avalon to fall, and you will be needed in that time. However, I write to you regarding certain assets[1] I have recently misplaced. If you do happen to spot them, do make an effort at directing them back to their rightful commander please. -S"

Time for a small side project.
Create and share the means of producing various forms of Alchemical Coffee, including Standard, Lite, Dark, Extra Dark, and Battle. Or if the Avalonians are the tea preferring sort, i can concoct some highly stimulating Alchemical Tea, instead. This should not only allow our troops to be wide awake and full of energy at night when the attack comes, but also allow everyone work overtime in the mean time.

As a side, side project, make various attempts at producing a Cat-Eye Elixir[2] during downtime. If it works, it should let troops see in the dark without the need for light sources, and might improve the sight of archers...

Having gotten confused on the way and traveled to a very different Avalon initially, I now return with a platoon of small, intelligent and fluffy four-eared space raptors wielding rapid-fire railguns in tow.
(6) Strife shows with THREE platoons of space raptors. The citizens, mistaking them for some newfangled breed of fiend, form a mob and chase them out. They decide to join up with the Fiendlord instead.

2. DOES NOT include actual eyes of felines in it's recipe. Presentation of slit pupils in one consuming is no cause for alarm.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2024, 03:22:23 am »

Over the course of the month, a letter written in fiendish script finds its way into Strife's possession.

“I shall keep an eye out for your mutinous units, but I would advise you to temper your expectations, as my command may not last long, and the Fiendlord's army is vast. May the Heart of Light protect you and yours in this war and in the wars to come.”
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:42:54 am by ZBridges »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2024, 03:45:14 am »

Meditate in the middling bog, cultivating inner power from within and from without.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2024, 11:51:04 am »

Call upon my most loyal contacts in the deep tunnels to excavate a series of pit traps, which will collapse under heavy siege engines.  My deep-dwelling friends despise warlords who use enslaved forces in battle; if they aren't too busy dealing with trouble from their winged cousins to spare a group for long-term deployment, then the presence of numerous angry subterranean rodents with knives and blasting charges should also make any tunneling attempts by the Fiendlord's armies both futile and deadly.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2024, 04:23:13 pm »

He has not reached his limit, even if it requires psychogenetic augmentation to get to the desired strength!
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2024, 11:47:37 am »

- June -
Seven Months Until the Fiendlord's Invasion

Convince the men to rebel and march on the Fiendlord's current capital.
(3) One brave squad of zombies, tired of the ghouls getting all the good brains, makes the trek. They get as far as the palace wall before being blasted to smithereens by VILE FIENDMAJIX. The next week, an inquisitor knocks on Bridges' door.

Go around the wall and repair and reinforce any bits that need it.
(5) Zultan starts by filling the giant hole left by Egan's laser. But why stop there? This wall is centuries old! It's full of missing stones and irritating, climber-friendly bumps! No, a proper wall is as sleek and unforgiving as a mountain! He gets to work. When he's done, the wall is so perfect that upon seeing it, the elderly Chief Mason passes away on the spot, knowing he has nothing left to do in this world.

Use Illusions and perhaps a little bribery to convince the Locals that these men are infact a entire squad of Mercenary troops, who brought their own food and can sleep standing upwards, no need to touch them or check on their armor or burn me at the stake. With the illusions applied onto the Undead to protect them from both mobs of angry Peasantry and Anti-undead spells.
(4) They buy it. "But could you please tell them to bathe?"

Strife sends a messenger pigeon vulture to ZBridges bearing a disguised message:
"Congratulations on your promotion, my esteemed and fiendish comrade. Do not let your ambition cloud your sense of judgement—a time will come for Avalon to fall, and you will be needed in that time. However, I write to you regarding certain assets[1] I have recently misplaced. If you do happen to spot them, do make an effort at directing them back to their rightful commander please. -S"

Time for a small side project.
Create and share the means of producing various forms of Alchemical Coffee, including Standard, Lite, Dark, Extra Dark, and Battle. Or if the Avalonians are the tea preferring sort, i can concoct some highly stimulating Alchemical Tea, instead. This should not only allow our troops to be wide awake and full of energy at night when the attack comes, but also allow everyone work overtime in the mean time.

As a side, side project, make various attempts at producing a Cat-Eye Elixir[2] during downtime. If it works, it should let troops see in the dark without the need for light sources, and might improve the sight of archers... (Remember, one action per turn!)
(6) Potent, rapid-acting, and quite tasty, this new invention proves popular among test subjects. Seeing its effects, the whole army wants in, and a substantial portion of the citizenry besides. Strife continues to ration it, but a soldier secretly copies the recipe and begins to bootleg it at home. Others soon do the same. Within the month, the entire population of Avalon is hopped up on coffee 24/7. Nobody has slept in a week.

Meditate in the middling bog, cultivating inner power from within and from without.
(4) The lack of wildlife has a silver lining: no distractions! With nothing to interrupt their meditations, Egan quickly unlocks the secrets of earth, water, and wood, becoming a Wetland Wizard!

Call upon my most loyal contacts in the deep tunnels to excavate a series of pit traps, which will collapse under heavy siege engines.  My deep-dwelling friends despise warlords who use enslaved forces in battle; if they aren't too busy dealing with trouble from their winged cousins to spare a group for long-term deployment, then the presence of numerous angry subterranean rodents with knives and blasting charges should also make any tunneling attempts by the Fiendlord's armies both futile and deadly.
(6) Success! Unfortunately, the overenthusiastic gophers leave the earth so tunnel-ridden that not even a wagon can pass overtop. The economic implications are dire!

He has not reached his limit, even if it requires psychogenetic augmentation to get to the desired strength!
(5) Black activates his enhancer for what will be, one way or another, the final time. He unleashes his new nanokinesis on his own genes, evolving his brain beyond human limits! Even so, he can feel the strain growing. At last, as his psyche begins to break, he gains the mental strength to withstand the enhancer.

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defenses (click to show/hide)

Intel: The Heart of Light lies in the center of the city. It is kept at the top of the great tower that rises from Castle Camelot.

It is now July. Six months remain. What do you do?

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Turns II: Six Months Until the Fiendlord's Invasion
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2024, 12:08:31 pm »

Now that everyone, including I myself, are greatly over-caffeinated, it's time to continue with my real project: directed transformation.
And i have the perfect subjects for the initial trials. Since we'll clearly need air-cavalry anyway, i'll Attempt to turn some of Avalon's horses into pegasi!
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2024, 01:50:19 pm »

Assure them that smell just comes with the Mercenary lifestyle, then go to the tallest mountain in the Region, and commune with the winds of magic to learn their secrets and master my craft.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 01:55:08 pm by Megam0nkey »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2024, 03:57:57 pm »

Tell the inquisitor that it was none other than Typhon that was behind the rebellion, who should be apprehended immediately.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2024, 04:15:57 pm »

Enchant some of the defending soldiers' armor.  It should detect hostility - lighting up anyone and anything that seeks to harm the wearer with spectral flames, to deny them the shelter of darkness.  If possible, it should also drain magic from nearby hostile undead, purifying this energy to heal the wearer if they are injured and strengthen them if they are not.  However, it's more important to get enough armor enchanted to broadly distribute it among the defenders than to apply both effects.  Hopefully this will go faster than the trap-sigils, since I can enchant more than one suit of armor at a time.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2024, 01:49:55 am »

Now that the wall is perfected it is time to work on the keep by repairing and reinforcing anything that requires it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2024, 05:24:28 pm »

We have bioweapons.  Now, we need Giant Ballistae.

Make it so.  Giant Ballistae go!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2024, 06:59:24 pm »

Great!  Now all I have to do is supersize my amplifier to the point where, although I can still completely withstand it as I can now, it is even more effective!  I am thinking something face sized, maybe that I can wear as a mask? 

((What power scale is my character now exactly?  As in, what are the limits of his power?))
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2024, 02:33:05 pm »

Go into the wilds, and start comuning with the spirits of nature, the fae, and whoever is interested in chatting. Surely they could prove to be powerful allies?
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.
Pages: 1 2 [3]