Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 311

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 224932 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #1095 on: November 30, 2020, 03:37:21 am »

In creature form or human form?  If it goes badly, you are faster and tougher and stronger like that.  But it costs MP.  If yes, say which one.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 30, 2020, 03:40:59 am »

If we can talk in that form, use it.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 30, 2020, 03:41:31 am »

I assume human to do actual talking.

...are we actually a monster when transformed? I assume being a monster is a mechanical designation and not just "anything that's not human" or "anything ugly and dangerous." If so, transforming might not influence the orcs anyway.

...though it'd be interesting to see how they react. My money's on not knowing or caring enough about the creatures of the world to know we're strange.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 30, 2020, 03:46:55 am »

Human form.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 30, 2020, 04:01:46 am »

You cannot talk in creature form, but you do not know if a monster would understand you despite that.

You also have never encountered a monster while turned into a creature.

You slowly walk towards the barricade, trying to keep eyes in every direction at once.  As you get closer, you see that there's about a dozen orcs at the barricade guarding a stout pile of crudly cut tree logs stacked on top of each other.

When one of them sees you, it gives up a wordless shout.  A squad of orcs hold back and stay behind the barricade, ranged weapons at the ready, while another squad, perhaps four, charges towards you, holding their melee weapons at the ready.

What next?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 30, 2020, 04:06:19 am »

Sessha > Diplomacy?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 30, 2020, 04:07:57 am »

Greet them however feels natural and tell them that you're not looking for a fight.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 30, 2020, 04:09:00 am »

...damn, we should have brought something tasty as a peace offering and good for barter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 30, 2020, 04:10:42 am »

We probably have something like that! Check inventory!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 30, 2020, 04:11:09 am »

Greet them however feels natural and tell them that you're not looking for a fight.
+1.  If that doesn't work, transform and try again.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 30, 2020, 04:22:12 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 30, 2020, 04:29:50 am »

+1
Ooh. Bonus, if that doesn't work, we'll just vomit acid all over them!

We should specify what we're transforming into, though. I'll assume poison doggo because why not.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 30, 2020, 04:55:39 am »

You greet the orcs and ask them to stop, saying that you don't want a fight, even dropping to one knee and letting go of your spear.  They continue to charge forward, and the melee orcs barrel into you, knocking you over.

Right.

You try to change forms, as they tear your backpack away from you.. and you've never quite known what happens to your clothing when you do that, and it feels very odd and a bit painful as they tear it away from you.

You scramble away, and they just grab your pack and throw it back behind the barricade, as they're staring at you now, not quite sure what's happened.  You see your spear over there, you don't have it like you usually do.

Orcs use Run!

The melee orcs scramble back behind the barricade, and get ready for.. something?  You aren't sure what they're doing, but a couple are poking through your backpack while the others look like they're waiting for you to attack.

Anyway, you lick blood off your mottled scales, recover your weapon, and limp a bit towards the blockade again, this time trying to let them know you aren't hostile with a series of squacks..  ..which they respond to by not attacking, simply posturing by the barricade as if letting you know that you aren't allowed to come past it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:36:20 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 30, 2020, 04:59:13 am »

Surely this form has some way of communicating our friendliness. We just have to adapt, somehow.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 30, 2020, 05:30:02 am »

Try to taunt them by calling them cowards who flee from children.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 311