Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 307

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 215196 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #1125 on: December 01, 2020, 04:17:41 am »

Oh well, that's about as much information as we're likely to get. Give the rope a good corrosive lick and then walk out.
+1
+1

Except it's actually sprint out, because we don't have the ability to use our breath very much, as we've burnt up all our mana, and we don't want to try to slaughter a dozen orcs solo.

If this nonsense gets us killed...
One wheel short of a wagon

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 01, 2020, 06:10:55 am »

:)

Oh well, that's about as much information as we're likely to get. Give the rope a good corrosive lick and then walk out.
+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 01, 2020, 11:46:40 pm »

You lick the rope.  It turns black AND freezes, but doesn't melt.  Whoops.

Chewing gets you free, (You're bitey!) and the orcs are too slow to stop you from leaping out and running straight back for the others, wherupon you run around them like a dog for a minute, before you figure out that you have to revert to human to be able to speak properly.

A quick debrief later (as the orcs don't seem to be pursuing), and you're left in the same situation as before, three adventurers and a scholar, stuck on a mountain road with an orc blockade between yourself and the town you're travelling to.

What's the plan?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 01, 2020, 11:51:01 pm »

Probably better to go around it. We could fight a bunch of groups of orcs, but it would be a lot and we don't have to.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 01, 2020, 11:56:24 pm »

They have our backpack, though.  It would be painful to lose all our stuff.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 01, 2020, 11:59:03 pm »

Backpack, right, it means you lost some stuff.

Rummaging around the other two packs to see what you lost, it looks like you didn't have anything too valuable.  That restore potion was in Sessha's pack, but you lost some potions, a smelling salts.. nothing critical, just some gear.

And Willis had the stuffed Hippo, so that's safe.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 02, 2020, 12:07:21 am »

In that case, yeah, let's just go around.

Probably better to go around it. We could fight a bunch of groups of orcs, but it would be a lot and we don't have to.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 02, 2020, 12:43:09 am »

Around it is.  You're going to try and make your way through the rough brush, and hope there aren't any cliffsides.

..Fortunately, Uncle has good maps, and you manage to find a possible path around the barricade, heading around the mountain a bit, down a swift stream, around a small mountain lake, and back up the other side.  That'll put you out of the brush and right above the town you're heading towards.

The first day goes okay, you work your way up and across, putting a good distance away from the orcs and avoiding any encounters.  It's the second day where you face an encounter, while following the stream.

Encounter Start!

Encountered 1x War Grizzly, and one group of 2 Tombstones.

"The war grizzly is a big and strong wild animal.  It should be vulnerable to poison.  The Tombstones are tough rock monsters, they have nasty attacks that'll hit all of us.  They are vulnerable to fire."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:54 am »

Guess what? It's time for

FIREWORKS!!! :D

Also, a Power Slash on one tombstone and a Trickshot for the other.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 02, 2020, 12:58:02 am »

Guess what? It's time for

FIREWORKS!!! :D

Also, a Power Slash on one tombstone and a Trickshot for the other.

+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 02, 2020, 01:45:20 am »

Willis casts Fireworks!  A chain of sparkly explosions rips through the enemies.

The War Grizzly is wounded.
The Tombstone is defeated
The Tombstone is defeated

Trence uses Power Slash! on the one remaining target, the War Grizzly!
The War Grizzly is instantly defeated!

The War Grizzly dropped a Bear Pelt.
The Tombstones dropped a potion, and a set of Shades.

"Shades are just equipment that protects you from blindness.  For some reason Tombstones drop those a lot."

The rest of the trip down the mountain goes smoothly, but getting across the lack is difficult.  There's a lot of really thick, mucky swamp at the edges, which is just a huge slog.  Eventually you get tired of it and start building a raft.. the lake is only something like two kilometers wide while being about thirty long, so it should save a lot of trouble.  And Willis knows how to build rafts, so you cobble together the Minnow.

Encounter Start!

One Baby Leviathan, all alone!

"Well, damn.  Being a water creature, it should have the default weakness to Wind, but I haven't encountered one of these before, so I'm not quite sure what it is.  We aren't truly that far into the wilderness, or deep inside a dungeon, so it shouldn't be some kind of major boss, fortunately."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 02, 2020, 01:57:57 am »

Vertigo, shoot, powa slash!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 02, 2020, 01:59:38 am »

...I wonder if we should have plowed through the barricades so travelers behind us didn't run into them.

Vertigo, shoot, powa slash!
+1
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 02, 2020, 02:18:55 am »

Sessha Casts Vertigo!

The Baby Leviathan is disoriented!
Attack is reduced.  Defence is reduced.  Magic Attack is reduced.  Magic Defence is reduced.

Trence uses Power Slash!  The Baby Leviathan is wounded!
Willis uses Shoot!  The Baby Leviathan is wounded!

The Baby Leviathan casts Tsunami!  A massive wave of water rises up out of the lake and swamps the raft, hitting the three party members.

Trence takes 30 damage.
Willis takes 37 damage.
Sessha takes 20 damage.

Facing one Baby Leviathan.  It is wounded.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:26:05 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 02, 2020, 05:17:43 am »

Trick shot, shoot, slash.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 307