Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 310

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 222979 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #2610 on: January 20, 2022, 01:38:03 am »

If we can coup de grace Calor and smokebomb simultaneously via haste, do so. Exit through the window and hightail it. Random loot isn't worth being caught.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 20, 2022, 03:32:44 pm »

If we can coup de grace Calor and smokebomb simultaneously via haste, do so. Exit through the window and hightail it. Random loot isn't worth being caught.
+1
Ooh, that's clean. +1 to this.

Loot is nice but we're not playing as Trence right now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 20, 2022, 08:31:27 pm »

Coup de grace then smokebomb.

Alright, one quick dagger throw to finish him off, and be done with it.

..and he's not dead, hasn't faded out.  Dangit.

One more dagger throw later.. and you feel the twinge of a geas being lifted.  Calor's body then fades out.  But no time for the smokebomb!

The sword-bodyguard strikes again, using a fancy spring-jump to get you right in the gut.  You take 19 damage, and suffer from reduced defense!

The mage bodyguard blasts a spell through the open door!  Two blasts of wind tear at you, for 11 damage!

Finally, finally, you smoke bomb and run away, cutting out the room, past the hallway full of onlookers, and down the stairs.  Not perfect, but you got the job done.  And it's a good thing you're disguised..

To Be Continued

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 22, 2022, 02:12:04 pm »

A brassy instrument blares, and you're awoken before dawn.  All of you.. the party and the fifty or so people inside the barracks.

Sessha was up late last night.  In all battles today, she will begin Tired, and have to wait for the second turn to use Tiring moves.

Most of them are given a very quick briefing and marched off to their assignments, save for the one heavy squad, and you.

"They're moving in to assault.  Their supplies must be low, and all will be decided in the next few days.  Stay strong!"

Spoiler: City Status (click to show/hide)

The heavy squad is dismissed to be lower wall reserves.  You, otoh, have a choice.  Thanks to being what this entire war is driven by, wall duty or frontline duty is out.  Instead..

You may go to the Citadel, where you should be safe.. but will be unable to affect much of anything today.  Or..
You can do city patrols, similar to your defenses of the dome towers.  Most of the infiltrators were active earlier, but there's almost certainly some left, and today, most of the attention will be rightfully on the assaults.

Which is it?

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 23, 2022, 03:44:02 am »

City Patrols!  More loot, more XP, and hopefully more chance to improve the outcome for the city.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 24, 2022, 04:33:56 pm »

City Patrols!  More loot, more XP, and hopefully more chance to improve the outcome for the city.
+1
We're not really the sit-in-a-tower-without-trying-to-gnaw-our-way-out-of-it type.

...also did all of Trence's friends from yesterday die?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 24, 2022, 05:12:53 pm »

...also did all of Trence's friends from yesterday die?

That squad?  Dead or captured.  About 25 people didn't make it back from the rearguard.  Another 20 or so cavalry were lost.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 25, 2022, 02:20:17 am »

The four of you lean over the map, and Sessha marks off a couple of locations as being bad ones right away.

In general, you'll be doing patrols with limited backup in a part of the upper or lower cities, but things are still big enough that you aren't the only one there.

Upper city, there's the Southern ward, which has more businesses, the largest graneries, and some of the more industrial-type buildings.  Overall the roads are fairly wide and it's easy to move around, but some of the larger complexes are warrens.. if you get dragged inside them, it could be a bit of a slog or ambush country.  There's also a big hospital, and a bunch of other buildings too boring for you to care about.

Then there's the Central Ward, which has a couple of truly large stables.  Including one for dinosaur-sized lizards.  There's some plazas, but you really cannot pay attention after hearing about the dino stables.  Eventually Sessha pokes you when it's time for the next ward.

North ward, which is largely close-packed residential buildings along with shops.  Shops, offices, homes.  All fairly large and well organized, with a lot of people in it.  Well, fewer people now that so many will be fighting, but things should be more ordinary here.  This is also where that odd City cult was based, now that you think of it.  And the best shops.

There's an inner ward in Uppertown too, just above the lifts and stairs, but Sessha waves it off.  It's an absolute warren, save for a couple of big roads through it, just jam-packed of complicated interconnected buildings.  Sessha says no to this one, too easy to get lost.

The lifts and stairs are already being patrolled, so they don't need you there.

Lowertown.. well, there's three choices here, after Sessha waves off the mansion district.  Too many subdividing walls, she says, too easy to get locked inside one and be unable to retreat should things go very bad.  Aww, would have had good looting chances.

That leaves.. the Palace District, which has the major government buildings and the Governor's Mansion.  These are a little different, being more open to the public.  You're pretty sure it'll get hammered if the walls breach, but it's got good odds of getting attention from someone or other.

Then there's the Market District, which has homes and most of the lower shops.  Sessha says this is where a lot of big time trading happens, in raw resources, finished goods.  Banks.  This is where the bank you robbed was, so maybe that matters?  You don't know.

Then there's the Old Quarter.  This is the oldest part of Lowertown, next to where the original stairs were, and near the southern gate.  The weakened wall section is close to here, so there might be a breach.  The buildings here are very old stone and it's basically a mini-city in itself.  It's also notable for the Tulian Mage University and an old museum.  And the White Water Tavern.

So.. where do you want to patrol?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:22:00 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 25, 2022, 03:05:07 am »

I think the North Ward would be a good choice, because it has the cult.  They're a group we might be able to work with or benefit from, beyond just this city.  It also has "the best shops", which might mean we can steal some better items while "defending".  The Old Quarter is similar, having a mage university which might have people to rescue or work with, as well as a museum with items, and generally being a mini-city that could have lots of opportunity.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 25, 2022, 04:38:00 am »

The Old Quarter sounds like it might have some good opportunists for high level loot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 26, 2022, 01:45:51 pm »

Old Quarter for a potential breach or Central Ward for GIANT LIZARDS!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 26, 2022, 01:53:09 pm »

Old Quarter. We should take on some risk given our recent retreat, and it's likely that something interesting could happen here.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 27, 2022, 12:49:44 am »

Old Quarter

Inside the city, all that can be made out of the seige is the sounds and the flashes of domelight.  The bombardment has began again, defensive towers taking steady fire from the enemy mortars.

Inside the Old Quarter, there isn't really much panic.  The streets are neither full, nor empty, with a fair number of civilians moving back and forth.  There are stray adventurers, private guards, people walking around, standing around, moving goods, carrying water.. but not that many people.  Probably a lot more fighting and at least some segment sitting around at home.

Sessha grumbles a bit, as her eyes roll over the crowd.  With all these people, it'll be hard to stop any sabotage, because everyone is acting suspicious.  Or normal.  This just isn't her city.

To make matters worse, although it wasn't supposed to be a warren, it's becoming one.  Right in the middle of several streets, people are bringing out boards, barrels, hunks of wood, emptying sand buckets.. they're building barricades.  At random.  Or seemingly random, blocking off streets, alleyways, and otherwise slowly making this portion of the city a pain in the ass to navigate.

The kids end up being the first ones to spot trouble.  Sessha may not know what's unusual, but the people do.  And these kids know shenanigans.  The first sign is a kid staring out some kind of loft window on a three-story stone building, seemingly just watching people.

"Hey, Trence, is that kid signalling someone?"

..A moment's consideration, and yes, yes he is.  Right hand is flat along the window, spreading fingers and making signs.  Sessha gets the idea, and starts looking for the other person, while Willis and Trence stare at the kid.  He swiftly notices and vanishes from the open window.

How do you three go after the kid?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 27, 2022, 03:53:14 am »

Get inside the building and head for the stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 310