Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 310

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 224788 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #3540 on: March 28, 2023, 06:07:09 am »

The former.  Alice is a paladin, a priestly warrior.  She knows how to channel divine magic from a god.  But currently she isn't serving any god, so has no divine magic to channel.  When she dedicates herself to a new god, she will be able to channel their divine magic.  Precisely what that will allow her to do depends on which god we choose.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: March 28, 2023, 06:11:50 am »

What gods do we know of right now?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: March 28, 2023, 02:55:04 pm »

What gods do we know of right now?

Farflame the Dragonlord
Klamati of Secrets
Eron of the Hearth
Danelath of the Open Air.

If you choose that I'll write up a few more.  If you don't, I'll mention one whenever you go to or through a town or city with more options, so you'll get a bigger list slowly.

(Also, good to see you, NG.  Would you like a recap?)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: March 28, 2023, 03:03:57 pm »

It's still not necessarily profitable or efficient to hunt him down.  But now I'm really upset about the scam, and it'd be cathartic.  Plus in the future we can just mention "We once got scammed by a merchant.  He ran away, got two weeks lead on us.  Didn't help though.  Nobody escapes the Gory Blade."
I'm tempted to let him go for now and then hunt him down later, or keep an ear out for opportunities as we go about our otherwise normal adventures. It's definitely not worth it financially, but we didn't become adventurers for the money. Well, not entirely for the money.

Dealing with a scummy merchant is also technically a public service. Who knows how many innocent little dragon children he's going to keep scamming if a murderer for hire doesn't show up at his door?

Also, I would like to visit the wind temple, or failing that the fire temple.  Either one would let us have a three-element dragonbreath on Trence, and wind specifically would give us more element coverage.  Nature is also another interesting element.  It shouldn't be able to combo into a three-elenent breath attack, but it might be able to combo into a two-element with poison, and would still give us more coverage.  Poison is a strong dragon element due to Trence's multihit build and natural affinity.
I'm in favor of any dragon form because it's basically a main quest branch. Advanced forms also have the benefit of knowing how close they are to us.

Robot Antarctica also sounds really cool.

We'll want to investigate the dragon thing eventually, but I'm not sure it's a priority. Especially since we're going to burst into the Concordat's living room at some point, and what kind of hosts would they be if we didn't get regaled with a monologue?

Finally, one last note about the black blade... it's stated to use bane metal from the pits of Borlia.  While I don't think the shortsword itself is worth investing in, we might want to pursue forging a +5 "black lance" for Alice.  Using her Harry+ skill on Dorren is probably a solid strategy for the four swords fight, since it forces him to waste mana on combat spells, and having mana burn on hit sounds like a much better investment in that case.
This is a really cool idea. In a similar vein, we might be able to find other rare materials (or outright equipment) in either Borlia or the pink lands.

The only trouble is that if we can manage either of those places, we're probably so absurdly strong that we don't especially need even more power.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: March 28, 2023, 04:36:50 pm »

I think dedicating Alice to a god sounds like a good idea, help here get some magic
I cast my vote for Dedicating Alice to a god

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: March 28, 2023, 08:39:26 pm »

why dont we just try dedicating alice to the concordat again it's the last thing theyll expect
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: March 28, 2023, 08:44:24 pm »

why dont we just try dedicating alice to the concordat again it's the last thing theyll expect
Amazing and brilliant, but there was a reason she left in the first place. Also she'd be honorbound to murder us.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: March 29, 2023, 03:59:06 am »

I think we should go after the merchant, because think of how much money and sell able stuff we'd get after kicking his ass.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: March 29, 2023, 02:16:27 pm »

Is there an advanced dragon form with an elemental temple nearby? If so, there.

Reasoning: the merchant thing isn't a huge deal, the Alice thing doesn't have to happen immediately and will benefit from more knowledge/thought, as Syv pointed out we do have weird loot from Borlia now even if we were scammed, and the new lore isn't a priority.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: March 30, 2023, 01:10:01 am »

Is there an advanced dragon form with an elemental temple nearby? If so, there.

The hard part for dragonforms isn't so much elemental shrines, those are fairly common.  The hard part is tracking down the dragonforms after the shrine.  Any of the four choices of advanced dragon forms are going to be relatively close to one or more shrines.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:29:04 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: March 30, 2023, 02:02:32 am »

Guess that means we should look at any that are nearby just in case.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: April 01, 2023, 12:49:28 am »

Seems like it's down to two real choices.

Dedicate Alice to a god,

or

Chase another dragon form.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: April 01, 2023, 01:57:40 am »

I'm down for some dragon chasing.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: April 01, 2023, 08:59:08 am »

Dedicate Alice to a god
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 310