Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 311

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 224930 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4590 on: March 25, 2024, 07:41:54 pm »

"Hey, Sessha, can I come on your next murder mission?"

"What?  No!"

It's her alright.

Exploring the darkness.. well, it makes things press.  You end up roping yourselves together, in case the blackness presses in, and walk only a short distance apart.  The blackness does press in and surround you, but it doesn't touch you.. although it still dances, moving at the edges of the light, pulsing.. and otherwise resembling a living thing.  A living thing, which, according to the scan crystal, it is not.

The chasm eventually grows narrower.  There's still enough room to walk comfortably, but both walls can be touched without extending ones arms.  A few minutes later, a grumbling sound starts, and everyone's hands go to their weapons.

Then a rock falls down, and smacks into Sessha, hitting her for 19 damage!  It just came out of nowhere.

Spoiler: Fissure Maze (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: March 26, 2024, 12:41:46 am »

We should put our bedrolls over our heads to soften the blows in case more rocks fall while we continue forward.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: March 27, 2024, 03:30:09 am »

We should put our bedrolls over our heads to soften the blows in case more rocks fall while we continue forward.
+1
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: March 27, 2024, 06:13:38 pm »

Temporarily gained +1 armour against falling objects.

There is another rock from above, but this one misses.  And then a third, which also misses.  Then it dwindles down into a rain of small stones, too small to do much harm to the party.  The stones are hard, but they aren't heavy enough to break through your armour.

At this point, the crack bends, heading.. east?  You'll call it east, it bent rightwards.  The rain of small rocks also ends.. maybe there isn't as much clear space above you now?  You can't tell, things are still strangely dark between the two walls.

At this point, Trence is last in line.  Sessha of the million hitpoints is first.  Willis is in the middle, protected position.  And Trence is in the rear.

The next attack out of the darkness is beams of magic.  There's a very weak blast of water, which fails to even crease Trence's dragon scales.  This is followed up by a spark of lightning.. not a strong one, but stronger than the wet breeze.  Still no damage, though.  A third attack is made, this time of a small but more significant bolt of water.  Finally, some damage is dealt, Trence taking 2 damage from the magic.

These came from behind and above the party, from right out of the darkness, with no visible source.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: March 28, 2024, 01:05:47 am »

Can we attack or scan crystal stuff we can't see?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: March 28, 2024, 04:15:58 am »

Scan crystal is out, but I suspect that our enemies are using the darkness, rather than part of it.

Willis: rapid fire!
Sessha: Flurry of Darts!

At wherever the spells came from

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: March 29, 2024, 12:38:46 am »

Scan crystal is out, but I suspect that our enemies are using the darkness, rather than part of it.

Willis: rapid fire!
Sessha: Flurry of Darts!

At wherever the spells came from

+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: March 30, 2024, 02:34:12 am »

Willis uses Rapid Fire!

Sessha uses Flurry of Darts!

That's a lot of projectiles into nowhere.  No response is heard.. you are firing small things into space where you don't know the targets, and, unlike the mist, just attacking anywhere doesn't seem to work.

Any more ideas?

Press on? / Retreat?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: March 30, 2024, 04:02:00 am »

Hopefully that scared it off.

Press on

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: March 31, 2024, 04:16:24 am »

Hopefully that scared it off.

Press on
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: March 31, 2024, 06:17:03 pm »

You do so.  The path wends on, and begins turning and weaving to both directions.  The darkness continues to dance.  After a bit, the walls become sparkly with spots and bits of micas shrouding both sides.

Willis is hit by the next attack, three bolts of energy coming out of the darkness, and dealing him 12 damage.  They seemed a little stronger this time around.

"I think we might need some hitall power, kids."  Sessha speaks up.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: April 02, 2024, 02:17:21 am »

Should we have Willis use his magical nuke powers to try and bomb this thing?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: April 02, 2024, 03:12:26 am »

Willis: Tsunami!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: April 02, 2024, 03:38:34 am »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: April 04, 2024, 12:08:18 am »

Willis: Tsunami!

THAT gets a response.  The wave of water seems to destroy the darkness, battering it out of existence and opening huge rents in the area ahead and behind.  For a bit, it's like the darkness no longer exists.. being replaced by ordinary illumination of light and shadow.  You can see the mica studded walls go wide.. this is a bit of a cave, and there are wide passages in several directions.  Through one, you can see water in motion.  Not a great torrent, but a narrow trickle, like a spring.  Another goes upwards, twisting and turning out of sight quickly, and high enough for passage while standing.  Inside a third you can see tall red columns, cracked and separate from each other.  In none of these directions can you see the odd darkness; Willis banished it good.

..Behind you, however, you can see a little of it in the distance.  Willis did focus his spell forward, after all.

Spoiler: Fissure Maze (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 311