Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 310

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 223108 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #1500 on: January 17, 2021, 03:22:48 am »

"I don't know.  Maybe dragons weren't always here.  Maybe Void Beasts weren't a threat back then.  And maybe that's why there were no big civilizations before Trisamore.  I just don't know enough to come to a conclusion."
"In that case, maybe dragons were the only thing suppressing Void Beasts, and they weren't dangerous before the dragons all died. You seem pretty motivated for somebody who knows just enough to get the job done and nothing more.

By the way, here's something else you didn't know!"

Trence > Frost Form
Willis > Fireworks! > ALL
Sessha > Heal > Willis

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 17, 2021, 06:33:53 am »

"We could what if about that all day.  In the end I have to go with what I know, and that there were no dragons for a thousand years, and for a thousand years void beasts have been dangerous but not deadly.  And I've had it shown to me how deadly a void beast can be after having gotten even a little taste of dragon."

"And they can sense you, too.  Better than their detectors.  Be glad there haven't been any new ones for the past few years."

Trence uses Ice, to turn into Chubby Frost Dragon.  This does make Dorren's eyes goggle outwards again.  Whatever he says, he clearly would prefer to study you than kill you.

Willis then casts Fireworks!  A rippling series of explosions tears through the increasingly-crowded room.

The left hand wand user resists some of the damage, and is wounded.
The left hand wand user vanishes in one of those white flashes.

The right hand wand user resists some of the damage, and is wounded.
The right hand wand user vanishes in a white flash.

Dorren of Mossberg resists some of the damage, and is wounded.  (scratched -> scratched)

The five soldier ants are defeated!

The imp is defeated!

The Soldier Ant Queen is wounded! (scratched)
The Queen Ant Attendants are wounded! (lightly wounded)

Sessha casts Heal!
All three party members are maxed out!

The Soldier Ant Queen lays five eggs!

With help from the attendants, they all hatch.

Two Greater Soldier ants hatch, and form a new group.  They're bright red and have nasty looking claws.
One Incineration Ant and one Glacier Ant both hatch.  They form a second group next to the more fighty ants.
Two Royal Soldier Ants hatch.  These ones are similar to the greater soldier ants, but they are all gold coloured, and move swifty.  They pair up with the two Greater Soldier Ants.

One lonely looking Greater Soldier Ant leaves the flickering portal, before it closes.

Dorren of Mossberg casts Razor Shards.  An intense stream of ice shards hurtles towards Trence!
Trence resists some of the damage!
Trence takes 11 damage!

Now facing:
Dorren of Mossberg, the Magister Arcane.  (scratched)  (defense -) (magic defense -)

One Soldier Ant Queen (scratched) with four attendants (lightly wounded).  They make up a second group.
Three Greater Soldier Ants, and two Royal Soldier ants.  They make up a third group.
One Glacier Ant and one Incineration Ant.  They make up the fourth and final group.

A magic barrier is up, and no one may run away.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:49:55 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 17, 2021, 06:42:05 am »

I think we should attack the group with the queen
Question, what attacks are available to our Ice form?
If possible, Terence uses Ice Breath in the group containing the queen ant

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 17, 2021, 06:49:06 am »

(Updated the post, sorry.  Ice Whelp form has Icy Slash, a more powerful slash with some frost damage thrown in, a tiring varient on Power Slash that does more damage and has a chance of freezing enemies, and Frost Breath, which hits the entire field with a moderate cold damage breath weapon, costing 10MP.

There are some variations on things, but in general a single element form will have a hit-all breath weapon and a couple extra abilities.  In addition to the slight increase in attack and defense.

All of them are generally the same size as a medium dog, and have out-of-combat abilities that make sense for them to have, like extra ice traction for cold dragon and the ability to breath water along with fast swimming speed for the water dragon.

Combinations usually have all the abilities of the seperate forms, are slightly larger, and good combos may have something a bit better than normal in place of one or more abilities.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 07:07:36 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 17, 2021, 07:50:01 am »

Trence > Frost Breath
Willis > Use mana potion
Sessha >  Trick shot > Dorren of Mossberg
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 17, 2021, 12:22:46 pm »

Vote changed to below
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 09:42:41 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 17, 2021, 02:11:24 pm »

Sessha > Mana Potion > Willis
Trence > Frost Breath
Willis > Fireworks!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 17, 2021, 07:27:17 pm »

Trence > Frost Breath
Willis > Fireworks!

+1 This if possible.

If we really start to get overwhelmed, using Counter! might be viable.
One wheel short of a wagon

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 17, 2021, 09:42:19 pm »

Trence > Frost Breath
Willis > Fireworks!

+1 This if possible.

If we really start to get overwhelmed, using Counter! might be viable.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 17, 2021, 10:49:24 pm »

"My question next."

"How did you survive to this modern era?"

Trence > Frost Breath
Willis > Fireworks!

Sessha uses a mana potion on Willis, refilling everyone's MP.

Trence uses Frost Breath.  The blast of cold energy waves over the entire room, ripping through the many enemies.

Dorren resists much of the damage. (scratched)

The Soldier Ant Queen is wounded. (lightly wounded)
The Queen Ant Attendants are wounded. (badly wounded)
The Greater Soldier Ants are wounded. (badly wounded)
The Royal Soldier Ants are wounded. (lightly wounded)
The Incineration Ant is badly damaged by the frost effect! (badly wounded.)
The Glacier Ant resists some of the damage. (lightly wounded.)

Willis then follows up with another Fireworks! and a second line of rippling explosions rips through the ants.

Dorren resists much of the damage. (scratched->lightly wounded)

The Soldier Ant Queen is wounded. (badly wounded)
The Queen Ant Attendants are defeated!
The Greater Soldier Ants are defeated!
The Royal Soldier Ants are wounded. (badly wounded)
The Incineration Ant resists some of the damage, but is nonetheless defeated.
The Glacier Ant is wounded. (almost dead)

"Ice is it, aye?"

Dorren of Mossberg casts Hydro Blast!
Trence is vulnerable to the water, and takes 22 damage.
Willis takes 17 damage
Sessha resists some, and takes 11 damage.

The Soldier Ant Queen lays an egg.
Out hatches a single Greater Soldier Ant.  It forms up with the two Royal Soldier Ants.

The two Royal Soldier Ants both attack Trence!
Trence takes 10 damage and 9 damage.

The Glacier Ant fires a shard of solid ice at Willis.
He takes 19 (ice-attuned physical) damage.

Now facing:
Dorren of Mossberg, the Magister Arcane.  (lightly wounded)  (defense -) (magic defense -)

One Soldier Ant Queen (badly wounded).  It makes up a second group.
One Greater Soldier Ant, and two Royal Soldier ants (badly wounded).  They make up a third group.
One Glacier Ant (Almost dead). It makes up the fourth and final group.

A magic barrier is up and no one may run away.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:10:30 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 18, 2021, 02:45:23 am »

Nine health. It's nice to live dangerously, when you live.

Make cute dragon sounds in response to his question, as we're unable to make human sounds to actually answer it. We also don't know.

Sessha > Trick Shot > Queen Ant
Trence > Slash! > Queen Ant (or Glacier Ant if Queen Ant is already defeated?)
Willis > Potion > Willis

If his magelings were any indication, Dorren will probably bail out in another round of attacks or two, but we probably can't weather 100 damage every round plus another ant until that happens.

If we wanted to be serious, we could also mana potion Willis again and have him clear everything but Dorren and the healthy Soldier Ant with more Fireworks. We probably don't need to at this point, but then again leaving a Magister Arcane room to think might end poorly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 18, 2021, 04:00:05 am »

Nine health. It's nice to live dangerously, when you live.

Make cute dragon sounds in response to his question, as we're unable to make human sounds to actually answer it. We also don't know.

Sessha > Trick Shot > Queen Ant
Trence > Slash! > Queen Ant (or Glacier Ant if Queen Ant is already defeated?)
Willis > Potion > Willis

If his magelings were any indication, Dorren will probably bail out in another round of attacks or two, but we probably can't weather 100 damage every round plus another ant until that happens.

If we wanted to be serious, we could also mana potion Willis again and have him clear everything but Dorren and the healthy Soldier Ant with more Fireworks. We probably don't need to at this point, but then again leaving a Magister Arcane room to think might end poorly.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 18, 2021, 11:14:08 pm »

You know one thing.  You were in a statue for a very long time.  Not much more than that, however.

Trence makes some cute noises.  And some angry/cute noises.

"Okay, so you can't speak like that.  Got it."

Sessha uses Trick Shot!
She critically hits the Queen Ant with a series of nasty throws, causing ichor to spurt out all over the fine carpets.
Soldier Ant Queen is wounded! (badly wounded -> almost dead)

Trence uses Slash!
The white creature runs up and stabs the queen ant right in the head!
The Soldier Ant Queen is defeated!

Willis drinks a potion.
The potion effect spreads around the rest of the party, thanks to Battle Aura.

Dorren of Mossberg casts another Hydro Blast.
Trence takes 17 damage
Willis takes 11 damage
Sessha resists some, and takes 7 damage.

The two Royal Soldier Ants attack
They both attack Sessha.
Sessha takes 15 damage and 3 damage.

The Glacier Ant fires an icy shard at Sessha!
Sessha takes 9 damage!

Now facing:
Dorren of Mossberg, the Magister Arcane.  (lightly wounded)  (defense -) (magic defense -)

One Greater Soldier Ant, and two Royal Soldier ants (badly wounded).  They make up a group
One Glacier Ant (Almost dead). It makes up a third group.

A magic barrier is up and no one may run away.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 11:16:42 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 19, 2021, 09:14:47 am »

Sessha > Fury of Darts
Trence > Power Slash! > Dorren of Mossberg
Willis > Rapid Fire

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 20, 2021, 04:58:55 am »

(Assuming Fury of Darts and Rapid Fire! are for the group of multiple ants.)

Sessha uses Flurry of Darts+
The ant group are all wounded!  The royal ants are still alive. (almost dead)
Trence uses Power Slash!  Dorren of Mossberg is wounded!  He gets a good close-up look at your sharp teeth this time. (lightly wounded)
Willis uses Rapid Fire.  The Greater Soldier Ant is wounded, and the Royal Soldier Ants are defeated!

The remaining Greater Solider and and Glacier ant hit for minor damage, and then it's Dorren's turn again.

Seeing the situation, he pulls out his best spell, and casts Basilisk's Glare.

Trence resists!
Willis resists!
Sessha fails to resist!

"Well, sh--" is all you hear, as Sessha is turned into a statue.  Eyes blazing, the kid and the kid dragon turn to face Dorren, that asshole, who activates something and vanishes in a flash of light.

The kids take out their anger on the two remaining ants.. but Sessha is turned to stone!

Victory!

Now being turned to stone is awful.  As you know, it's curable, but it won't cure on its own, and many healers are only capable of doing it some of the time to some of the people affected by it.  Uncle can do it, fortunately, but he's not here, and it takes all sorts of fancy machinery.

Willis and yourself go over the options.  He's somewhat hopeful, saying that since it was cast by a normal person, it shouldn't be that hard to fix, but then you say that the asshole mage was no normal spellcaster.  The two of you argue about things for a moment, trying to pick her up, looking at the restoration potion, before putting it back.. it only works on temporary stuff, not being turned to stone!

Quickly, the two of you huddle and come to a conclusion.  Since Sessha is still in the party, if the two of you can pick her up, you'll be able to put her in the inventory, like you can do with someone badly knocked out.

..She's heavy like this, but the two of you pick her up and put her away, freeing up your hands.

"Sorry mom, but hopefully this won't be too long." says Willis, clearly struggling with the situation.  Plus your inventory is now nearly full, you can probably only carry a few things out of here.

That alarm is still going on, the doorways both back to the rest of the castle, and the secret passage are now open.  Willis drinks another potion to fill the two of you back up, and then Battle Aura dismisses.  You're in the bedroom of the evil Lord Mackhal, some kind of alarm is still ringing, Sessha is a statue in your inventory, and you just fought a hard skirmish against Dorren of Mossberg, one of the nastier adventurers in the world.

..also, that was a long fight.  You were expecting reinforcements, but you're still alone in the opulent bedroom.  Did something happen?

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 310