Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Staying on top of prone enemies  (Read 1502 times)

Jundavr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Staying on top of prone enemies
« on: August 08, 2020, 02:20:13 pm »

I like grabbing prone enemies that are right below me so I can punch/kick them to death without them ever being able to stand up, but other than charging until I get the upper hand, I cannot figure out how to MOVE on top of an enemy.

Every time I perform a takedown wrestle attack, trying to move in the enemy's square while they are down, even with alt, results in an autoattack. My workaround for this usually involves jumping on top of them after a throw attack.

Is there a better way to do this that I'm completely missing?
I was out in the rain. So exasperating!

Mobilescrub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Staying on top of prone enemies
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 03:52:50 pm »

If the enemy isn't standing you can dodge onto their tile to stay on top of them. Just tested it in the object testing arena.

Edit: Another fun trick is to disable moving while dodging, wait until there's an empty tile between you and the enemy, then run (or sprint after waiting a few ticks) onto the empty tile. You will end up under the enemy where you can grab->takedown->stand up and end up on top of them. Dodge onto them if they manage to escape.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:24:22 pm by Mobilescrub »

Jundavr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 03:56:16 pm »

It works! Thanks.
I knew there was something I was missing, albeit it's kind of counterintuitive...
I was out in the rain. So exasperating!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 08:33:35 pm »

Ooh, I'll remember that trick-- I've been body-checking my foes into trees all this time, to accomplish the same thing. Nice to know there's an alternative!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext