Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with fighting necromancer lieutenants  (Read 1562 times)

SupremeSandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with fighting necromancer lieutenants
« on: August 16, 2020, 07:46:23 am »

Just going about the place, doing my duty to my Lady and after being sent on several barely concealed assasinations (I'm sure that human priest was a danger to the known world in some manner) I have been sent to make a necromancer towers inhabitants move out. I can definitely do this but for the fact that the lieutenants seem to be able to turn invisible. Does anyone know of any way that I can fight or detect an invisible enemy or should I just find other things to do with my adventurer?
Training enormous always-burning baby elephant gladiators, who wield inanimate lions.

This is literally possible.

Mobilescrub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Help with fighting necromancer lieutenants
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 01:15:25 pm »

The best method would be to surround yourself with an army of companions since they can detect and strike them with no issues.

The less practical methods involve ranged attacks which are completely useless against the undead. You can check if an invisible enemy is on a tile by using the spit ability and seeing if they come up on the list of available targets on that tile. Then you can throw or fire a bolt on the tile you just checked. When a companion is in combat with an invisible enemy they will show the direction they are striking in, so firing a bolt at the little red arrow works. You can also turn on tracking and wait until a track pops up then shoot at it.