Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Adventures of a Human Peasant and an Out of Touch Player  (Read 10111 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
The Adventures of a Human Peasant and an Out of Touch Player
« on: September 03, 2021, 01:49:58 pm »

The Journal of Mel Citupuji
15 Granite, 350

I made my decision today. Mother and Father won't approve, they'd rather I stay in town, marry some random guy, and continue the family carpentry business. I can not say I am overly thrilled with that prospect, so I have packed my bag, bought a bundle of cheap equipment, and today I set out from home. I must admit, I have never even left Town before, and only have the vague retellings of the merchants to fill me in on the world at large, but I want to learn, to see with my own eyes.

Maybe Mother and Father may forgive me one day, maybe not, but I don't care. The world lays before me. I shall write again when I make camp tonight.

Until then,
      Mel

So it's been a while hasn't it? I must admit, I have not followed DF's progress in several years. Sure I've done a few Succession Forts and played a few turns, but I've been increasingly blind to all that has been added, especially this latest Villain Update. So, I figured what better way to rectify this than to play in Adventure Mode, essentially blind. 

Here is our first victim adventurer!
Spoiler: Physical description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

The World is a Huge World with 350 years of history.
Spoiler: Starting Town (click to show/hide)

I'll keep playing until I die (a very likely scenario), and will most likely pick up another poor soul to run around with! I have no schedule for this, and will play whenever I feel like it, though if you guys pester me enough, I'll update. My motivation is shot being in Uni and working a fulltime job, so feel free to poke me with a stick every now and then. I swear I'm having fun! Now taking bets on how long this first Adventurer lasts

Table of Contents:
Mel Citupuji:
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of a Human Peasant and an Out of Touch Player
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 01:51:50 pm »

second

Excited to see how this goes! DF has sure changed a lot recently, a blind run sounds fun.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 02:59:44 pm »

Yay new adventure mode saga! Never get tired of seeing these.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 06:36:17 pm »

Hi, don't die, die, and have fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 03:42:01 am »

Adventure mode always seems to create interesting stories, can't wait to see what happens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 12:36:32 am »

Good luck, Ryukan, I hope you uncover the most nefarious of plots.