Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: The Fall of Goldsilver Succession Fort – Democracy Suspended  (Read 58331 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Goldsilver – Dwarven Democracy Succession Fort
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2021, 05:58:17 am »

Graffiti in hand-mixed hide root paint begins to turn up in odd corners of the fortress: "Who are the Goldsilver Liberation League?"

Eniteris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2021, 08:32:13 am »

Eniteris II reads the writing on the wall, sighs, and goes to get a bucket and soap. Vandalism in the library? Unforgivable. At least it wasn't the books.

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 19, 2021, 10:57:10 pm »

Just a little annoying lore point: Iden isn't actually the king anymore. He died in 229 and his descendents have been kings ever since. Interestingly enough, according to Legends Mode in the most recent save, the dwarf who had been king for most of the game just died in the late winter of 256. Our new king is Iden's great-great-grandson, Onget.

For reference, the rulers of The Confining Clasps have been as follows:
1) Queen Kol Somberarch (r. 1–93)
2) King Fath Wildboard (r. 93–173)
3) Queen Kogsak Brandplanks (r. 173–220)
4) King Stukos Spottedpaints (r. 220–223)
Coup in autumn of 223 deposes King Stukos and installs King Iden
5) King Iden Chanceshot (r. 223–229)
6) King Endok Parchportal (r. 229–243)
7) King Nish Belladmires (r. 243–256)
8) King Onget Ropekindled (r. 256–present)

Stukist claimants to the throne since 223 have been as follows:
[4] King Stukos Spottedpaints "The Martyr" (imprisoned from 223 to his death in 240)
[5] "Queen" Vutok Oilytoe (r. 240–present)
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2021, 12:05:48 am »

Fatcat shakes her head at another instance of the recent crop of vandalism. This one is in the main food stockpile. She turns to the recently elected overseer, who is busy drinking, and gripes,
"I don't understand what has suddenly gotten into the people. You ran on promises to improve the living conditions here, and suddenly we have a rash of exceptional unrest. I hope that whoever is to blame soon come to their senses, and realizes that this isn't the way to broadcast dwarven greatness to the world. I'm particularly surprised after your attempts to clean up the justice system here.
Of other note, I have noticed that Nephilim is acting particularly unhinged the last few days. I'm not sure whether it is due to the new administrative pressure the new militia squad puts him under, or whether it was your hint that you want to honor the legacy of King Iden that is to blame, but I would be cautious not to drive him to the brink of madness again."
Fatcat shakes her head, grumbles to herself, apologizes to Tonnot, who nearly choked on his beer at the start of her tirade, and heads off to work with the masons.
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2021, 05:40:21 pm »

Coup in autumn of 223 deposes King Stukos and installs King Iden
5) King Iden Chanceshot (r. 223–229)
6) King Endok Parchportal (r. 229–243)
7) King Nish Belladmires (r. 243–256)
8) King Onget Ropekindled (r. 256–present)
Oh dear, perhaps I should've looked over the legends a bit more carefully rather than going off of the OP. Wait this means the king that sanctioned this project is dead! Ohh boy...

Anyway, updates will be coming real soon, I'm just swamped with due dates this weekend.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2021, 05:14:27 am »

(Request dorf name of "Lurker" on Sodel Letmostulon and give him miner profession if possible for the following reasons: he was in the last migrant wave so I don't have to make up past interactions. His personality resonates well enough except the "world warfare" and lying, but gotta work with what I have. Also request remove all jobs bar mining, hauling and "other". Don't want him stuck as a too-valuable mason or mechanic or crafter that'd bar him from being a miner. Thanks.)

Voting for - and request membership in - The Diggers' Party.

Before the troll even had enough time to react The Maggot lunged at the dwarf and began cutting at him with his sword. The cheese maker joined in [...]

Everything here implies dwarf-on-dwarf violence, though outside the wording it's clear The Maggot lunged at the troll. Might want to edit that to make things clear.

(PS Sorry if all the edits confuse people.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 09:11:20 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

spinnylights

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Leather Dress
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2021, 08:47:24 am »

I just finished reading this whole thread with immense relish and would also like to be dorfed. Feel free to pick a dwarf that seems fun and I'll RP them to the best of my ability; I'll pick political affiliations accordingly.

(Since this is my first post, I feel like I should reassure y'all that I've been playing DF and casually lurking here for something like seven years, in case my dorf ends up running for overseer.)

"Our walls are regularly painted in the most visceral and exciting of fashions in a majestic red, and the arms of our fortress guard gleams blue…our warriors should shine like diamonds in the night!…we should sic that rabid beast upon them so that he may die in one final dance of savage beauty…"

The tone of this "gorgeousness of violence"-type stuff reminds me somewhat of F.T. Marinetti…I wonder (with not a little anxiety) if the Sparkly Unicorns have a Futurist wing.
Our little Kinsmen — after Rain / In plenty may be seen, / A Cross and Grumbly multitude / The soiled Ground upon // A needless life, it seemed to me / Until a little Roc / As to a Tavern saucily / Advanced and breakfasted. // As I of He, so Armok, me / I pondered, may have judged, / And left the little Mountain-folk / With Wariness enlarged. —–Emily the Poetic Thorns

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2021, 02:17:39 pm »

Welcome! Good to see more potential overseers.
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2021, 10:07:15 pm »

Before the troll even had enough time to react The Maggot lunged at the dwarf and began cutting at him with his sword. The cheese maker joined in [...]

Everything here implies dwarf-on-dwarf violence, though outside the wording it's clear The Maggot lunged at the troll. Might want to edit that to make things clear.
Good eye. I went back and fixed it.

Welcome to our two newest players. Stay awhile and maybe you too will run this fortress one day.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2021, 10:02:09 pm »

How is it going Tonnot?

spinnylights

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Leather Dress
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2021, 01:32:43 am »

How is it going Tonnot?

Just to note, I think this period wraps up on March 3rd, so there's just a few days left…
Our little Kinsmen — after Rain / In plenty may be seen, / A Cross and Grumbly multitude / The soiled Ground upon // A needless life, it seemed to me / Until a little Roc / As to a Tavern saucily / Advanced and breakfasted. // As I of He, so Armok, me / I pondered, may have judged, / And left the little Mountain-folk / With Wariness enlarged. —–Emily the Poetic Thorns

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2021, 03:31:49 am »

How is it going Tonnot?

Just to note, I think this period wraps up on March 3rd, so there's just a few days left…

Yep! And I have been as uncommunicative as Tonnot on my turns. I'm just curious!

spinnylights

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Leather Dress
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2021, 04:37:22 am »

How is it going Tonnot?

Yep! And I have been as uncommunicative as Tonnot on my turns. I'm just curious!

Same :D

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2021, 02:21:01 pm »

Sorry, things have been wild IRL, and I've had to sort-of relearn DF as none of the tools I'm used to have been updated for 47.05 yet. I finally have some free time today, though!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

spinnylights

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Leather Dress
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2021, 04:59:56 am »

Sorry, things have been wild IRL, and I've had to sort-of relearn DF as none of the tools I'm used to have been updated for 47.05 yet. I finally have some free time today, though!

That's okay! Excited to see what happens  :D
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32