Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vengeful Rise [7/7]  (Read 6706 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Rise [0/6]
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 09:29:49 am »

I'm open to all suggestions or player's alterations, but I usually Call for DieTM when players make them. Egan added the items off the lists, so they'd be rolled until next update.

I'm putting up all the sheets right now btw. They'll be up in a while.

Equipment: Peasant's Dress: Clothing of a lowly peasant that provide no real protection, though do help with the weather.
Peasant's Travel Pack: A pack containing everything needed for travel when you're a Peasant, from a sleeping roll to various preserved foods and bread.
Wooden Symbol of Armok: A simple necklace soaked in her own blood, carved in Armok's image.

Here are mine then.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Rise [0/6]
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 09:45:16 am »

It amounts to flavor, unless you'd rather it didn't.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Rise [7/7]
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 09:49:10 am »

I already put them into your sheets, just didn't roll for them yet. I'll do that some other day, because I still have some other work to do today. I extended the player limit for Dustan, cause he's one of the OG Undead Hunt players.

EDIT: The sheets are in. You'll see a bunch of dumb nerd stats added. Faction and Reputation have been taken from your backstories for my own use as a writing device. You can still change them in the game. I'll roll for alternate equipment some other day. Remind me if I've forgotten about something.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:54:15 am by Dark One »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2020, 11:54:20 am »

Though, I'm not sure what the intent is behind rolling for the coat. I'd think it would be no better or worse than default rags (what it might gain in durability and warmth it loses in coverage, what it might gain in dignity it loses by not being accompanied by pants). Rolling would imply that the resulting item is better or worse in some way than the l item it replaces, but in this case the base item provides no benefit at all. So if it's worse than that, I'd be best off stripping naked immediately. Unless it's a cursed item which can't be removed, but it would seem odd to find such a thing hanging on a hook in a guard station.

Unrelated but the fact that peasants are dressed in ragged clothing would probably imply that this kingdom is the opposite of prosperous, to me. :p
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 11:58:00 am by Egan_BW »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2020, 01:08:38 pm »

You never know the true identity of the item when you're just an ordinary person with no means to detect magic, and it might not display its powers if the current owner is magically impaired. Rolling from stuff that's not on the standard list is my standard procedure.

Mundane Folk class was an ordinary person, but you don't have the full information and context on what became of them after the spark awakened. You don't even have the full overview of the kingdom to judge the whole social group in the basis of a murder hobo template.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2020, 01:16:20 pm »

We peasants live by the die and die by the die. Tim sets the die on fire before jumping in headfirst into said fire.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 05:18:34 pm »

A lot of people with no faction. I wonder how many can be recruited for Heights Keep?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 09:45:34 am »

Egan_BW, your character (Nail) rolled:

Stolen Coat [3] - A coat stolen from a dungeon guard. It has a few patches here and there, but should still provide some protection.
[Physical Protection: 1 (12 Slashing, 8 Piercing, 4 Blunt)]

Master Key [3] - This key seems to be able to open almost every lock in existence, but it needs some time to recharge after every use.
[Open every mundane lock, 2 turns cooldown]

TricMagic, your character (Tim) rolled:

Peasant Dress [6] - While providing no physical protection, this plain, antiquated dress bears an enchantment of both beneficial and potentially malicious nature.
[Dark Immunity, Cancel Dark (You can't use dark enchanted items or skills while wearing this item)]

Wooden Symbol of Armok [1] - This idol craves blood just as much as the god it depicts.
[Wound or kill anyone every 5 turns or receive 2d6 damage]

Peasant's Travel Pack [5] - Your pack is always full of items useful on any journey.
[Rolld 1d6 to take out food or healing items, rolls below 3 would be re-rolled]

You can re-roll one item, and only once.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2020, 11:16:22 am »

laughs manically

My luck in your games haven't changed much. Complete immunity to Arcane, and Dark Immunity/Cancel off a 6.

Reroll: Wooden Symbol of Armok

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2020, 11:22:29 am »

I don’t know if a retool is allowed

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 11:40:27 am »

You can re-roll one item, and only once.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 11:52:37 am »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2020, 06:24:42 am »

TricMagic, your character (Tim) rerolled:

Wooden Symbol of Armok [2] - Blood slowly, but steadily, drips out of this wooden idol.
[Alerts enemies sensitive to scent of blood, can't be removed by mundane means].

I'll update the sheets with the new items and we'll be able to start this week.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2020, 01:18:46 pm »

Prologue

The bizarre spark started awakening within the people of Coldrith, and perhaps throughout the entire Westman Bay. It was without doubt a great endeavor, yet King Astreos managed to thwart most of the attempts to use this newfound power against the kingdom and its people. However, his influence ends where the border begins. The incompetent aristocracy of the Great March allowed one of the empowered to rise and gather influence, eventually splitting the kingdom in half. The Emperor, as he was dubbed, now seeks to launch an assault at the borderlands of the kingdom. Desperate, King Astreos decided to ask for aid those who received the peculiar gift.

The royal agents gathered a group of seven individuals. Seven champions, who's only goal is to defeat the Emperor and prevent further destabilization of the region. Without leading them in front of the king and without giving them any supplies, they were sent to the Contested Lands, to infiltrate the enemy forces and reach the arch enemy.

It was a long journey, but the champions have finally arrived at their destination. Each of them sent separately, yet meeting up at the same spot - the border customs. They passed through the military outpost and moved on towards a little tavern to discuss their next move. They sat down by the table and ordered some ale.

GM Notes

I'll upload the map soon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2020, 09:29:56 pm »

Nail points at the knight. "You. Do I know you from somewhere?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3