Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [OOC] Saint Mecha X  (Read 1864 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Saint Mecha X
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2020, 12:41:43 pm »

Takosher, is my character valid now?
I'd like you to expand the personality more. Also while your attachment is technically fine, do be aware that ramming is just as dangerous to you as it is whatever you're attacking. Also, please join the Discord, as it will be necessary for communication during the preparation phases.

Name: Hiro Meijō

Personality: Perpetually dreamy and maybe not entirely all there, Hiro enjoys staring off into the middle distance while things happen around him, occasionally making comments that would baffle a stoner, but often oddly incisive ones. Even though he may not know what exactly is going on at any given time, he has a knack for doing the right thing for the circumstances anyway. He likes doing things that don't require too much thought, like sleeping, staring into fires, and abstract algebra.

Appearance: A pale, scruffy-looking young man with grey eyes, a narrow upturned nose, and long fluffy hair, most of it black. Sometimes, he has feathers plaited into his hair, which he doesn't seem to notice; nobody has actually seen him putting them in or taking them out. Out of uniform, he dresses like he is going to a funeral of someone he really hates. He has the thin build of someone who sometimes forgets to eat and sometimes forgets what eating is, and is of basically normal height.

Level 1 (0 EXP)
    Psychic: 1

Mecha Name: Seraphiel

Mecha Appearance: Seraphiel is Hiro's guardian angel, and designed to look the part. In general, the design favours elongated, tapering oval shapes where others might be boxier. Its legs taper into conical feet reminiscent of a shakōki-dogū, and its colour scheme is turquoise and white with gold edging. Because Hiro is afraid of heights, a pleasant grassy meadow has been painted on the inside of the cockpit window at around (pilot) knee level.

You can go for a slightly curvier design, but the tapered feet aren't gonna fly. In general I feel like you missed the part where mecha are inherently clunky, you're never really going to get an elegant design out of one.

Trait: Angelic Flight: As part of its generally angelic design, Seraphiel has a small rocket pack integrated into the upper back, designed to resemble feathered wings, allowing it to jump "hella high" like Wonderella, which is basically like flight. Although Seraphiel was not originally designed to mount interchangeable back modules, mounting points have begrudgingly been installed onto the wings to allow attachments to be mounted between them, but Hiro thinks it looks stupid and ruins the aesthetic to do so.

All mecha are designed to have interchangeable back modules, and this trait wouldn't exactly be a viable starter back module either. You shouldn't be designing to have a complete motif right out the gate, otherwise you won't have anything to build towards.

Power Source: Power Core
Infrastructure: Steel
Armor: Intractium

Equipped Attachments:
Name (Type): Dumah (Hand)
Description: A giant anime sword which billows with flame from an internal fuel reservoir when swung. The flame is just for effect.

This would be better if the flame were functional and powered by the mecha's core, rather than internally. There's not really any reason to do arbitrary aesthetic nonsense and a flaming sword is sufficiently simple to use as a starter weapon.

Damage:
[Any damage sustained should be noted here. Damage to specific attachments should instead be noted with those attachments]
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 12:51:22 pm »

You can go for a slightly curvier design, but the tapered feet aren't gonna fly. In general I feel like you missed the part where mecha are inherently clunky, you're never really going to get an elegant design out of one.
Absolutely nothing about what I was imagining was anything I'd call elegant. I'll contemplate the design more.
This would be better if the flame were functional and powered by the mecha's core, rather than internally. There's not really any reason to do arbitrary aesthetic nonsense and a flaming sword is sufficiently simple to use as a starter weapon.
I really didn't think I could get a proper flaming sword, but okay, I'm not going to turn one down.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2020, 08:20:51 pm »

Spoiler: Shiki Shingen (click to show/hide)
List of stuff I'll be crafting. I've put the stuff that I have no idea how to craft with available materials in itallics.
1.Mining gear.
2.Refining gear for Corbil and other metals
3.Energy agitator weapon.
4.Upgrades for the Damascus shield, Tenatium probably.
5.Melee weapon upgrades
6.New weapon for Ren, preferably a longer ranged rifle.
6.More arrow types
7.Experimental crafting with loads of AP and basic materials. And general Experimental crafting.
8.Landing Gear for spin, or something else to bring his mech closer to flight.
9.Gun which is a major upgrade for Stirk.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 04:54:34 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 07:57:11 pm »

Post to hold up to date character sheet.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 04:16:08 pm »

Spoiler: 2smug4u (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:09:08 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 [2]