Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The Secrets of Magic [7/7]  (Read 12061 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Secrets of Magic [7/7]
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 02:57:06 am »

Crawl through the hole and see what that glowing thing is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2020, 11:44:31 am »

David walks into the workspace room and reads the papers intently, tapping his foot. After a moment, he looks behind the drawers for a dropped wand.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
Turn Three
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2020, 04:55:08 pm »

Grab the stick with my beak and give it a shake. It looks like one of those sticks humans use for magic.
Giving it a good shake doesn't seem to stop the light, but it looks like something's been scratched into the side.
Stare at the bird, then.
The bird is shaking around the cool stick. It looks even cooler when it's being shaken around.
Take the wand and look in the drawers to see if there’s anything inside
Cortana picks up the wand labeled for Simmons. On the side, there are some symbols written in chalk. Unfortunately, as Unicode has yet to add a "Magical Symbols A" block despite my numerous e-mails, the symbols will be translated into something a little easier to type for convenience.

Code: [Select]
baabaaaafbaab
Squabble over the wand. If Cortana refuses to let me have it, offer a dollar for it.

If I get the wand, read the note. If not, rifle through the drawers from the opposite side as Cortana and try to get through more of them than she does so I can get the best loot.
Rifle through the drawers as previously stated then, try to shove Cortana out of the way as much as possible.
The unlocked drawers contain a blank wand, a box of chalk, a hammer, a couple containers of dirt, some paper, a penknife, and various, poorly-organized pencils. It looks like one of the pencils has been heavily used.

In the commotion, it looks like one of the drawers has been jammed, likely from shoving it back and forth while trying to grab the best items out of the drawers.
Crawl through the hole and see what that glowing thing is.
The hole is a tight fit, but Bubba eventually manages to get through without getting scratched up. There is debris all over his clothes, but it's better than being seriously cut or worse.

He can see Nevermore shaking around a glowing wand while Harangue watches intently.
David walks into the workspace room and reads the papers intently, tapping his foot. After a moment, he looks behind the drawers for a dropped wand.
On the other side of where Cor Gnosha and Cortana have been shoving each other out of the way, David can see a wooden wand jammed between the drawers and the wall. The drawers look heavy, but if he's careful, he can probably get the wand out without breaking it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2020, 05:00:23 pm »

“Hey look, you can have the wand in the drawer“
Take the hammer, some of the dirt, the chalk box, and some pencils
“Do you want any of the dirt, pencils, or some chalk? Maybe you’ll want the penknife to write on the wand with, it might be important”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2020, 05:02:40 pm »

Harangue gets down low, as if ready to pounce, and starts swishing its tail around vigorously while watching the bird.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2020, 05:59:49 pm »

>get all from drawer

Also attempt to get my hands on the wand behind the drawers. I'm prepared to offer up to $10 for it.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2020, 07:35:29 pm »

((Are there limits on what a character can be? I.e. does it have to be realistic?))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2020, 08:15:23 am »

David ignored his companion attempting to barter currency for the wand he had discovered - David had no time for money. Instead, he attempts to wiggle the wand free from where it is stuck.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2020, 08:18:18 am »

"Weird animals."
Go down the hallway and look around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2020, 12:42:22 pm »

Try and see if I can activate the wand-thing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2020, 12:50:08 pm »

Watch the stick. If it does something scary, bolt.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
Turn Four
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2020, 10:02:00 pm »

((Are there limits on what a character can be? I.e. does it have to be realistic?))
(Relatively realistic, but I'm pretty open to different ideas as long as they don't end up being gamebreaking. If something wouldn't work, I'll let you know, but for the most part as long as it's not ridiculously overpowered you should be okay.)
“Hey look, you can have the wand in the drawer“
Take the hammer, some of the dirt, the chalk box, and some pencils
“Do you want any of the dirt, pencils, or some chalk? Maybe you’ll want the penknife to write on the wand with, it might be important”
Cortana takes the items, leaving the rest in the drawer.
>get all from drawer

Also attempt to get my hands on the wand behind the drawers. I'm prepared to offer up to $10 for it.

Cor Gnosha scoops up the rest of the items in the drawer, and manages to snag 8 pencils, the blank wand, the penknife, and a container of dirt. The drawer has been completely cleaned out, leaving nothing but a bit of dust, which Cor Gnosha could try to take, but realistically, he'd just get dust all over his hands.

Unfortunately, the wand behind the drawers looks a little harder to grab, as evidenced by David's struggle with it.
David ignored his companion attempting to barter currency for the wand he had discovered - David had no time for money. Instead, he attempts to wiggle the wand free from where it is stuck.
Trying to wiggle the wand free yields some success, but it's wedged back there pretty well. The gap is too small to fit his entire hand in. If David was able to get some leverage on the wand, he could probably free it pretty easily.
"Weird animals."
Go down the hallway and look around.
The walls further down the hallway still show some signs of damage, but not nearly as bad as the collapsed roof. As Bubba continues to walk, he can hear some clattering coming from up ahead, behind a damaged door that's been left ajar. It sounds like metal banging against something, although exactly what is still unclear.
Try and see if I can activate the wand-thing.
Watch the stick. If it does something scary, bolt.
Nevermore's best attempts to activate the wand result in nothing. The wand continues to glow red, the same as before. It looks like the wand's already been activated, and there's no way to shut it off.

At least the light looks pretty nice.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2020, 10:06:43 pm »

Cor offers to help with the wand in exchange for joint custody. He suggests that David try tilting the whole cabinet forward to make room while he pulls on the wand.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2020, 01:05:57 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2020, 03:03:02 am »

Pull out my knife and carefully open the door and see what's making that noise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7