Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The Secrets of Magic [7/7]  (Read 12068 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Secrets of Magic [7/7]
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2020, 01:48:27 am »

I have no idea what you think you're talking about...
Oh, you edited your action, original,y you mentioned trying to steal the water wand. I’ll edit my action too

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2020, 02:01:42 am »

See if there are any interesting things floating in the water and if there are grab them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2020, 07:59:51 am »

Fly up to examine the stuff floating in the water.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2020, 10:08:32 pm »

(Sorry for the delay on this turn, I'm gonna try to be more consistent about that.)

Look around the room for literally anything interesting and/or useful
The room you're in right now doesn't have much. The dogs did a good deal of damage, and what they didn't break was probably taken by people fleeing.
Fly up to examine the stuff floating in the water.
The underwater room, however, looks a lot more interesting. A couple of very wet books are floating on the surface, as well as a couple of wands. Below the water, it looks like there's another door, one that might lead to something useful. A burst pipe seems to be the source of all this water, jutting out of the wall amidst some debris. And currently trapped under one of the tables is...

...oh dear.

It appears one of the researchers got trapped under a table when the room flooded and was unable to escape.
David follows the party, mildly sulking.
Cor grins. "So it works just like money."
He quietly follows the other group.
Following the group, they can see everything inside this room and the currently submerged one.
Cor, stealthily following behind the rest of the group, gestures with this new money wand toward the water wand that was stolen from him (as far as he's concerned) earlier, trying to coax it away from its owner.
Cor focuses with all his might on grabbing the wand away from Cortana, using his fancily-decorated money wand. He focuses hard, until...

CLUNK!

A decently-sized chunk of stone frees itself from the wall behind Cortana and makes its way across the ground to Cor, scraping up the floor as it does.

Thankfully, the floor is scratched, but not broken - falling into the room below might be a bad idea for the unprepared.
Figure out if I can cause the water from the staircase to move out of whichever windows are nearby
Focusing, Cortana tries to use the wand again. Unfortunately, it simply creates another ball of water, which splashes onto the stairs below.
See if there are any interesting things floating in the water and if there are grab them.
A few floating things are out of reach, but one of the wands is close enough to just barely grab. Grabbing it, Bubba can notice that something's been carved into the side. It's a little worse for wear thanks to the water, but it looks to have survived enough to be legible:

Code: [Select]
b a O p b a j a g b a a b

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2020, 01:03:33 am »

Look for any other rooms

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2020, 02:40:57 am »

Offer $5 for the new wand.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2020, 03:50:45 am »

"I don't want any of your darn money."
Point the wand at a wall and shake the crap out of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2020, 07:24:45 am »

Cor stares, baffled. Don't want... money? What is wrong with you people?!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2020, 11:13:58 am »

Swipes a Wand from the water, then swipes the five dollars the baffled human is holding.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2020, 10:32:27 pm »

Look for any other rooms
There don't seem to be any rooms Dino can get to in here. Walking outside doesn't reveal much else other than what's already been seen, just some more flat walls. There might be a way to get through, with enough creativity.
"I don't want any of your darn money."
Point the wand at a wall and shake the crap out of it.
Bubba, not interested in money, shakes the wand at the wall as he tries to activate it.

A blast of glass shoots out of the wand, smashing against the wall, some of the shards managing to jam themselves into it. The smashed pieces collect themselves as dust on the floor. Thankfully, since Bubba aimed it at the wall, nobody was hurt by the blast.
Swipes a Wand from the water, then swipes the five dollars the baffled human is holding.
Nevermore takes the wand from the water. Unlike the other wand, this one is blank - some chalk was written on here, but it was washed off by the water.

The five dollars look pretty cool though. Perhaps there'll be a person selling stuff for exactly that much?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2020, 06:44:38 am »

"Would you look at that."
Look around the rubble in the room and see if there is anything of value hidden in it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2020, 09:44:40 am »

Wave the money wand at the bird.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2020, 09:51:57 am »

Drops wand, takes money, flies off to the roof to place it under the other wand.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2020, 09:52:55 am »

Wake up from nap, figure out what's going on.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2020, 06:08:00 pm »

Try to grab some random item from the water
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7