Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Homunculi: barf and boars  (Read 11302 times)

NAV

  • Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2020, 09:56:26 am »

Try to wake up the wizened old humanoid.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2020, 02:58:30 pm »

Head towards the orange glow
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go see what the orange glow is about.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
you two wobble over to the edge of the table beside the old figure and peer around. On the floor near his chair is an overturned candle, several sheafs of paper, and some other stuff. The candle is melted out into a puddle, and the papers are burning, as is the floor. flames lick at the back wall of the room. Black smoke begins to boil up from the fire.  The fire is spreading outward from the candle toward the table as well.

Kwee Kwee.
It vibrates slightly, making a sound not entirely dissimilar to purring not out of any desire to create sound, but simply because it feels nice.
Then it bolts off.

Run! Jump! Outside! Meat! Kill! Kill the meat with the blood and then SHOVE IT INTO FACEHOLE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(1) You run straight off the front edge of the table and fall to the floor, destroying your front left leg completely. Your mobility is now 2.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Walk over to the shelf and take a look at the stuff on it.
(1) You waddle over to the edge of the table and peer up at teh shelf. You overbalance and fall to the floor with a thud. You get up, dust yourself off, and stare up at the shelf from below. You see mostly dust and cobwebs.

Try to wake up the wizened old humanoid.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You stump over and pat the old head gently. (HIDDEN) You fail to wake the wizened creature. A lock of silvered hair comes off it's hea,wrapped loosely around your upper limb.

SuperDino85

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2020, 04:17:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Climb to where I can reach the cobwebs, if necessary, and collect about as much as I can find
Logged

NAV

  • Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2020, 09:02:57 pm »

Wrap the lock of hair safely around my antler-head for safe keeping.

Look for ways off this table. Could try climbing down a table leg, or maybe climbing down the sleeping old man. Consider options.


Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2020, 04:41:32 am »

Figure out how to climb down from the table.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2020, 07:52:54 pm »

Get to the old man, and climb down his body to get off the table, if this succeeds, look for an exit to the room
Logged

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • wow cool robots
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2020, 10:23:21 pm »

Regrow it.
Logged

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi Did I mention the house is on fire?
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2020, 11:49:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Climb to where I can reach the cobwebs, if necessary, and collect about as much as I can find
This is a very difficult task, as the shelf is high up on the wall from your perspective, and the wall is vertical. (6) Well, as luck would have it, the building is a bit of a rundown shack, and the wood slats of the wall are gapped a bit and coming loose, so you find some handholds and stuff and collect cobwebs. And now you are quite high as the fire in the room spreads rapidly around you.

Wrap the lock of hair safely around my antler-head for safe keeping.

Look for ways off this table. Could try climbing down a table leg, or maybe climbing down the sleeping old man. Consider options.


Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(4) you manage to make a loop and get the hair around your head. it stays on it's own, for now, but it's inevitably gonna come unwound. Probably at the end of the next turn or the one after that. As for options, you've about exhausted them with that list. also available is the option Dino and Egan took - falling straight off the table. You've seen their results though - one okay, one not so okay. As for staying up here and thinking about it, well, that seems like it might be a bad idea,what with the house burning down and all.

Figure out how to climb down from the table.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(4) you figure you can just fall of the edge and be fine. You figure any other course you attempt will end with you falling off the table anyway.

Get to the old man, and climb down his body to get off the table, if this succeeds, look for an exit to the room
(HIDDEN) You climb onto the old being's arm at the elbow, then up to their shoulder. You try to cling to the creature's vestment and slide down, but the vestment suddenly sags, and you drop quickly with it, jerking to a halt halfway down before your grip fails and you tumble the rest of the way. a fine white ash falls arond and on you as you layon the floor, completely coating you. You have a temporary stat of [ASH covered].

Regrow it.
(6) you eat your own limb and regrow it perfectly, consuming 3 energy in the process.

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • wow cool robots
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2020, 11:53:57 pm »

Exit pursued by a bear before the fucking rocks fall and everyone fucking dies again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi: of falls and fire
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2020, 12:15:21 am »

Look for and go through an exit to get out of the house
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 02:50:00 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Logged

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi: of falls and fire
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2020, 05:47:24 am »

Go for broke and jump off the table.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

  • Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi: of falls and fire
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2020, 09:41:48 am »

Follow Zultan and scramble down the old man off the table.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SuperDino85

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi: of falls and fire
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2020, 01:55:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Climb back down and search for an escape rout I can take with out getting burned too badly. If none are available, use my arms to help escape the building as fast as possible
Logged

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2020, 05:15:33 pm »

Exit pursued by a bear before the fucking rocks fall and everyone fucking dies again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You okay? Sound a little irritable here. Anyway, you escape the house easily, as there are no other obstacles between you and the cool night air. You dash out into tall grass on a gentle slope descending into some rolling hills. you see a stream some way down the hill. To the left is a wooded area, and to the right is more hills. you hear the movement of animals nearby, the sound muted compared to the crackling of the fire.

Look for and go through an exit to get out of the house
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is a door. Door is open. you follow Egan out and see and hear the same as him. night vision is obscured at the moment due to the light from the fire, but your eyes will adjust if you don't stare at the flames.

Go for broke and jump off the table.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You drop with a thunk to the floor, (4) landing on your feet and tumbling forward onto your arms. you sit up and look around. Yep, shits on fire, yo. door's still open, and the smoke is starting to roil out at the top of the door frame.

Follow Zultan and scramble down the old man off the table.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(hidden) you clutch to the robe the old being was wearing and immediately plummet to the floor, slowed only by the robe catching on the table before tearing apart. You look up at the tatters of the robe, hanging loosely off the table, a thick ash wafting down from them. You've also gained the temporary stat [ASH covered] You are getting uncomfortably hot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Climb back down and search for an escape rout I can take with out getting burned too badly. If none are available, use my arms to help escape the building as fast as possible
(2) you fall fro the shelf due to a missed foothold. (4) you manage not to take damage though, and scamper out of the building. You see what Egan and naturegirl see outside.

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • wow cool robots
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2020, 05:35:24 pm »

Well I can't hear any of that. Look for animals though. If I see one immediately rush it down and infect it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5