Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Homunculi: barf and boars  (Read 14470 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi: of falls and fire
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2020, 06:54:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Travel into the wooded area and explore it a bit

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2020, 09:39:05 pm »

Sprint out of the building as fast as my little leather and opal legs can take me.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2020, 11:52:42 pm »

Get away from the burning building then start eating the tall grass
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 12:33:14 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2020, 12:31:56 pm »

Run from the burning building as fast as possible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2020, 07:47:25 pm »

Bottom of the turn has a situation update. read it.

Well I can't hear any of that. Look for animals though. If I see one immediately rush it down and infect it.

(2) forgot you got no ears. Well anyway, you don't see any animals. Except maybe your fellow homonculi, if they even qualify as animals.

Travel into the wooded area and explore it a bit
(2) you wander around in the woods for a bit, seeing dead leaves, trees, dirt. It is darker here under the trees at night and before you go ten yards you are stumbling and bumping into things more than actually exploring.

Sprint out of the building as fast as my little leather and opal legs can take me.

(4) you make it out before the fire surrounds you. It's much less hot and infernoey out here.

Get away from the burning building then start eating the tall grass
You eat tall grass for a bit. You are feeling full. You are already at max energy so this doesn't add energy at the moment.

Run from the burning building as fast as possible.
Out you go, in a hurry.

everyone is out of the building, which burns for a while before collapsing with an intense noise. Luckily, the fire doesn't spread beyond the building.

The fire burns out surprisingly quickly, though it still takes most of the night. by the time the ruin is mostly ember and smoke, dawn is approaching. the lot of you spend the night chasing animals you can't find, or getting lost in the woods, or eating the landscape, or generally just experiencing life. Someone looks up and sees stars, which is neat. You find no animals nearby, for some mysterious and totally not painfully hot obvious reason, which might have stopped being reason for things to stay away from this area once it died down.

Everyone lose one energy for the events of the night.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2020, 09:28:55 pm »

Alright, guess I’ll save the woods for daytime. Exit the woods and head towards the hills and explore, eating some grass on the way

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2020, 03:01:06 am »

Eat some of the grass then look around and see what all kind of things I can find.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2020, 03:06:24 am »

Affectionately headbutt the one with the chert torso. Hide in some grass where I can watch the other homunculi and watch them to see if any make reactions which indicate there being animals. If animals are seen, pounce on them and try to infect them so they can't run away.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:51:05 pm by Egan_BW »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2020, 10:06:49 am »

Stick with the group. Nibble on grass to recover 1 energy. Look for more interesting things.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2020, 01:37:50 pm »

Try to dodge the one trying to headbutt me
((what are my starting values for energy? Are they 5/5?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2020, 01:50:43 pm »

Affectionately.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2020, 02:51:53 am »

Alright, guess I’ll save the woods for daytime. Exit the woods and head towards the hills and explore, eating some grass on the way
(1) you eat some grass. You promptly vomit it back up and sit down, dizzy.

Eat some of the grass then look around and see what all kind of things I can find.
(3) you also eat some grass. it doesn't recharge you, but it doesn't make you sick. (4) you find a berry bush. You catch sight of some kea in the air above. You see some chalk stone jutting out of the dirt five tiles away. You see some conifer trees nearby. You hear some rustling in the grass - some kind of small creature moving about. You look, but don't actually see whatever it is.

Affectionately headbutt the one with the chert torso. Hide in some grass where I can watch the other homunculi and watch them to see if any make reactions which indicate there being animals. If animals are seen, pounce on them and try to infect them so they can't run away.

Try to dodge the one trying to headbutt me
((what are my starting values for energy? Are they 5/5?))
I believe your energy values were 5/5 until the end of the night, yes. so you should be at 4/5 now.
(2) v (5) a comical dance occurs as Egan's creature pounces on naturegirl's who pushes him away, swiveling her head back to keep out of reach of his enthsiastic attempt at a greeting. Eventually he gets distracted and ducks into soem grass to watch the others. (4) one spends a few moments, eyes tilted upward, tracking something in the air. You look up to spot several kea up there, out of reach of your bloodlegs, for now. For now ...

Stick with the group. Nibble on grass to recover 1 energy. Look for more interesting things.

Let's see ... (1) Apparently everyone in the group is allergic to grass. You find this reaction surprising, what with your core and all, but the grass just does not want to stay in your torso long enough to be converted to energy.

Prepare for the encounter scene!

(1) a noise draws everyone's attention - even Egan's guy because he is watching the others, and everyone else turnign to look uphill and expressing confusion andthe early stages of alarm is enough to get his eye holes pointed in the right direction.

Bearing down on the lot of you from uphill  is a herd of boars, in stampede mode. There are 9 of them Plus four more that you don't see, because they are behind the others or are smaller.
They're moving pretty fast and are bigger than you, and are coming from uphill, so take those issues into consideration when deciding to doooooooooooodge on how you want to respond to this particular event.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2020, 03:02:06 am »

Take cover in the ruins of the building. As the last boar passes, try to make a sound to attract its attention and draw it away from the rest.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 03:10:06 am by Egan_BW »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi: barf and boars
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2020, 05:30:45 am »

Run for the trees and try to hide behind them.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2020, 06:15:44 am »

Run away as fast as my not very fast legs can take me. Get ready to use my lock of silver hair to somehow tangle up the legs of a boar if one decides to chase me.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5