Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Homunculi: barf and boars  (Read 13807 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Homunculi
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2020, 05:52:45 am »

If your stone is magma safe, please mark that on your sheets. that's a valuable stat, assuming you ever interact with such things.

Having four legs and a tail should probably provide some mobility advantages.
Can use Bluejay brain for the core.
I did say tails gave mobility bonuses. add one for that, and one for having four lower legs. As for the Core, that change is fine and adds one to your value and brings the modification costs back to normal. You don't have to make that change, but value 0 is probably gonna give you a hard time. Total value looks to be 40, if my previous values are right.

Check it now, I changed the arms, one is kenaf fiber and one is jute fiber
making me scroll back before my post and hunt for changes? grumbly GM noises. Yes, Add Resistant to Heat:Chert as a trait. Jute and Kenaf are each value 2, and go ahead and add 1 dex for each of them.

Oh... I didn’t see anything related to durability listed on the character sheet template, so if it’s alright with you I will add that to mine.

Here it is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
yep, looks fine. I accidentally left durability off the character sheet but it's on there now. go ahead and eliminate the energy cost for planting yourself, and add 1 durability from each leg (so 2 total).

Can I swap the pitchblende for granite since mobility is important.
you can. You could also swap leg material and arm material. horse meat will give decent mobility, while pitcheblende will give damage bonuses, though it would still negate some of the mobility from the horsemeat legs. granite looks to be a common stone, so value 1, durability 2 per leg if you go that route. Mobility would be 1 total. But, like with SuperDino, using your horsemeat arms will give you brief mobility boosts.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 07:09:22 am »

Character sheet should be done now

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 08:14:21 am »

There. The suggested changes were made

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 01:46:53 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 03:57:33 pm »

Fire is not a material in DF. You cannot have parts made of it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 04:00:05 pm »

FB can be made out of it, though.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2020, 04:06:51 pm »

Fine then. I change my core to Valley Herb!

Unless Fire is reconsidered due to the precedent that Forgotten Beasts set.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2020, 05:17:29 pm »

We’re not FB

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2020, 05:27:21 pm »

Not yet...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2020, 06:42:03 am »

I think I've got everything right, not sure what my mobility score is since I kept the pitchblende and swapped it to the arms, also not sure what to put for dexterity.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2020, 02:56:03 pm »

I knew i should have insisted the earholes and mouthhole started as the same as the head and carried no value except as attachment points. probably should have limited value to the core as well, all for simplicity's sake. eh shrug

Character sheet should be done now

There. The suggested changes were made
These should be fine

I think I've got everything right, not sure what my mobility score is since I kept the pitchblende and swapped it to the arms, also not sure what to put for dexterity.

Mobility will be ... call it 2. Dex is 0, so you lack the coordination to open doorknobs or latches, tie ropes, send emojis, etc. Add Heat Resistant: Pitcheblende since that material is magma safe. And yuo're all set.

FB can be made out of it, though.
FBs are weird. for now I'm still saying no though. Mostly because chargen is already stupid complicated

Fine then. I change my core to Valley Herb!

Unless Fire is reconsidered due to the precedent that Forgotten Beasts set.

Valley Herb value is 5. I thought it would add a special property because it is used to make golden salve, but I looked and ... "golden salve has no use."
dragon is 15, porcelain is 10, claro opal is 15, native aluminum is 40, all the rest of the animals are 1 each. Total value is 92. You will be hunted. be glad I am only adding values instead of multiplying by them.
stats:giant raccoon heart gives you strength 3 you get +2 energy, one each from the opal and aluminum rock.
all other stats are 1. I can't think of any specials for these parts either, though I could think of some if they were rearranged a bit. eh.

alright, that's enough of that for now. we can work out other details on the fly.
You all awaken together, arranged in a circle, sitting back to back around a single, brilliantly white gemstone. the glow of the gemstone fades slowly, revealing your surroundings as your eyes adjust to existence. you are in a dusty room, sitting on a wooden table inscribed with symbols that you have no knowledge about. two of you can see, from your position, the head of an old humanoid laying on the table inches away, it's long white hair falling onto the wood and spreading out like a puddle of adamantine strands. The being's wizened hands lay, palms down, to either side. As your awareness slowly comes into focus, it seems as if the being ages, or decays, before your eyes, slowly withering. perhaps this is just a trick of yoru newly formed eyes. One of you sees, not the old being, but in the other direction, the dim light of a cloudless night through a doorway left wide open.  little else is evident in the room, but a shelf containing a few mystery objects, well out of reach of your stubby little arms, and a crude straw bed in a corner. this is all you have time to take in before the glow of the gem behind you fades completely, and the gem suddenly shatters. The five of you fall backward, colliding with each other in a pile, thudding, clunking, and clanging as your parts meet unexpectedly.

the light from the gem gone, you are illuminated solely by the night, and by a dull, flickering, orange glow from somewhere behind the old being's body.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2020, 03:36:05 pm »

Head towards the orange glow
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:05:38 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2020, 04:39:12 pm »

Kwee Kwee.
It vibrates slightly, making a sound not entirely dissimilar to purring not out of any desire to create sound, but simply because it feels nice.
Then it bolts off.

Run! Jump! Outside! Meat! Kill! Kill the meat with the blood and then SHOVE IT INTO FACEHOLE.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2020, 08:32:58 pm »

Walk over to the shelf and take a look at the stuff on it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2020, 05:13:05 am »

Go see what the orange glow is about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5