Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flag to auto-attack?  (Read 1171 times)

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flag to auto-attack?
« on: September 03, 2020, 07:29:34 am »

Is there a flag I can modify to make dwarves(those who are willing--militia, brave enough, etc) attack creatures on sight? Just like if it was a goblin, troll, or FB. I tried a few different searches in the kobol raw but I didn't find what I was looking for.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Flag to auto-attack?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 04:00:40 am »

Try adjusting personality traits.  VIOLENT seems to control whether a civilian flees from or attacks an enemy.  CONFIDENCE and BRAVERY may also play some role.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 05:25:09 am »

Oh, you misunderstand. I'm not wanting to make dwarves fighter. I want certain creatures to be kill on sight. I'm operating under the assumption that goblins, lycanthropes, FB and the like don't have to throw the first lunch, that dwarves know they need to die.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 11:43:11 am »

I think one way of doing this would be to give the entire creature (that is, all castes of it) the [CRAZED] tag. They should be attacked by any Dwarf on sight, but they'll also attack anything without the [CRAZED] tag, such as nearby wildlife. If the creature is sentient (i.e.: Has [INTELLIGENT], or [CAN_LEARN]+[CAN_SPEAK]) and is organised into an entity, giving them ethics that heavily conflict with those of Dwarves may trigger world-gen wars between you and them, causing them to be auto-hostile to your Dwarves.

Your assumption about the Gobbos, Werebeasts, and FBs should be partly correct: FBs are hard-coded to be hostile, Werebeasts aggro due to the [CRAZED] tag being on them all the time when transformed, and Goblins can be neutral to your civ (as travelling performers, monster hunters, etc.), but they're usually hostile due to different ethics causing wars between your civ and theirs.

Side note: the mental image of Dwarves deciding to kill an FB/Werebeast/Goblin before they throw their lunch into a Dwarf's face is somewhat amusing.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 04:57:13 pm »

My goal is to not have to micromanage killing the birds and monkeys etc which steal things.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 08:21:48 pm »

Guard dog assigned to a chain/rope to deter thieving monkeys? Next to the entrace or valuable stockpile.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 08:42:28 pm »

My goal is to not have to micromanage killing the birds and monkeys etc which steal things.
Hunters. Lots of them.