Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [IC] Saint Mecha X  (Read 4788 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Saint Mecha X
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2020, 06:54:21 pm »

"Rodger that. I'll let you handle it from here then."

Lee yawns and stretches inside his mecha.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2020, 08:54:52 pm »

"Damn this sucks man. Bullshit I tell you. Guess I'll hafta get Sensei to fix it." Yuta muttered ruefully. It'd keep him out of the mines a few days too, real shame there. Might need to have a real good talk with Kaji. Make sure he knew his place. On that note where was the guy?

Yuta searched around, and immediately became aware of the fact that Kaji was teetering on the edge of the nearest bridge, with one enemy ready to strike him off. Wellll shit. Wasn't gonna get a chance to tell the kid off if he went and died, right? Yuta piloted his mech into a leap, hoping to hit the enemy mech on the landing, and if not push it away from Kaji, at least provide a distraction and a moment of reprieve.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 09:09:14 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 09:36:06 am »

Yuta managed to knock the Enemy away enough for it to decide attacking Kaji wasn't worth the effort and turn to flee.

The crew scavenged what they could carry from the Enemy and retreated to the Lighthouse. The Seraphiel was functional enough to not need carrying, but not functional enough to help carry. The remaining scavenge would be taken by the nearby village or recovered under cover of darkness by the Enemy.

Victory

Shirou smiled gently at his students. Their first outing had been difficult and he had some doubts about their teamwork, but he still felt great pride. He was sure they would come together as a team given time. The members of Saint Mecha hadn't always been on the same page, but Naruhito had always been able to rally them when the time came to fight. Perhaps that is what they are lacking. he thought, They require a leader who can join them in the fight.

"You had many struggles today. But you triumphed. Take pride in your victory." Shirou announced, "Now go get some rest, you've earned it."

With that small encouragement, Shirou left his students to their own devices. There was much to be done over the next week as they prepared for the next Enemy attack, they needed to recover if they were going to find the energy to do it all. While they rested, Shirou would keep watch, just as he had for the past sixty years. There was no reason to suspect an Enemy attack before the week had passed, but vigilance was all the old man knew. While he watched, he would consider which of his pupils to bestow the burden of leadership on. It would not be an easy decision, but he was certain that an answer would present itself in time.

Result
Yuta gains 30 EXP

Lee gains 40 EXP

Tsukiko gains 30 EXP
Code: (Minor damage to the Our Lady's Damascus Shield) [Select]
Violent Scratching (2AP, 1 Intractium) - The shield has been given several nasty gashes from enemy attacks. Although not an issue on their own, further damage could prove catastrophic if the shield is not repaired
Code: (Minor damage to the Our Lady's Damascus Shield) [Select]
Smashed Up (1AP) - The corner of the shield has been dented severely enough that it no longer retracts properly
Kaji gains 25 EXP

Hiro gains 25 EXP

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Items (click to show/hide)

Week 1 - Prep Phase
Everyone recovers their full AP.
Enthusiasm! - Shiki joins at the start of the week, they gain an extra 1 AP.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 09:42:10 am by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2020, 09:52:39 am »

In not inconsiderable need of repairs, and assuming that mecha fistbumps are a universal sign of rapport sufficient to ask for favours, Hiro seeks an audience with Lee, one hand behind his head in a traditional display of embarrassment. "So, I had a lot of fun doing it, and it was totally worth it, but I sort of did a number on poor Seraphiel with that whole flying tackle thing. Could I maybe count on you to help me patch him up? And by 'help' I mean 'do most of the work because I don't really know what I'm doing'? I'll make it up to you someday, for sure. If you want I could maybe repaint those knuckle scuffs for you in the meantime."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 12:01:44 pm »

In not inconsiderable need of repairs, and assuming that mecha fistbumps are a universal sign of rapport sufficient to ask for favours, Hiro seeks an audience with Lee, one hand behind his head in a traditional display of embarrassment. "So, I had a lot of fun doing it, and it was totally worth it, but I sort of did a number on poor Seraphiel with that whole flying tackle thing. Could I maybe count on you to help me patch him up? And by 'help' I mean 'do most of the work because I don't really know what I'm doing'? I'll make it up to you someday, for sure. If you want I could maybe repaint those knuckle scuffs for you in the meantime."

"Flying tackle thing? It sounds more like something you'd do on a fishing trip instead of a mecha battle. Alright...let's take a look."

Lee moves his hands in the just as traditional "follow me" gesture and heads off to check on the much abused Seraphiel. Once they arrive he gives it a quick once over.

"You managed to smash the cockpit? It looks like it won't be that much trouble to fix up. So you have a deal." he puts his own hand behind his head in the less-universal symbol of 'this is going to be a pain to fix'. "It looks like you can't really fight until it gets put back together anyway."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 12:14:41 pm »

"Flying tackle thing? It sounds more like something you'd do on a fishing trip instead of a mecha battle. Alright...let's take a look."
"Yeah, no, it was like—" Hiro continues the unbroken string of gestures by vaguely crashing one hand into the other at speed — "I got maybe a little too enthusiastic with the jumping."
"You managed to smash the cockpit? It looks like it won't be that much trouble to fix up. So you have a deal." he puts his own hand behind his head in the less-universal symbol of 'this is going to be a pain to fix'. "It looks like you can't really fight until it gets put back together anyway."
Hiro visibly relaxes at the assent. "Ah, thanks, man. Yeah, it was kind of a problem."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2020, 12:20:51 pm »

Having only recently arrived at the base, Shiki is already standing in the storage room looking at the loot from the last battle and muttering about the properties and possibilities of the newly acquired Scarlite. "Given its incredible hardness and sharpness it should be possible to use it in dust form as a highly abrasive agent that can be applied to drills and abrasion based cutting instruments, that grinding is going to eat up my time though... But a drill coated in Scarlite dust would be quite the instrument of mining and possibly destruction. Alternatively I could use the small amount we have to make a spear or something, or a chainsword. Or I could work on some better weapons for people."
They sigh.
"I guess I should get to work on that grinder, we would need a better heat generation method and better heat containment materials to really be able to refine the other materials, thank goodness we can use Scarlite in dust form instead."
Edit: Actions
1 AP to fabricate a Scarlite Grinder out of 1 Scarlite and 8 Corbite, then grind one Scarlite scrap into three dust with another AP. Then I use my last AP to do experimental crafting with 1 scarlite dust, 1 intractium, and 2 steel.
Quote from: Results in discord
Polished Intractium Turbine
A small turbine assembly made of polished intractium and solid carbon steel. It's surprisingly sturdy and with a proper housing could make a reliable engine.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:22:50 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2020, 10:27:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Following a frustrating few days of attempting, and finally succeeding, in splicing and fusing back together the cable of his grappling hook, Yuta needed a break. And to that end, he headed to the mines. Of course he was also doing this to support everyone else, it wasn't selfish! Definitely.

The level of the mine was shallow, barely scratching the surface of this mountain. And yet, on entering, Yuta could immediately imagine a thousand miles of rock in every direction expanding outward from him, a comforting confinement. And once he'd found a good spot to mine, the repetitive motion and sound soothed him. Clearly he'd messed up badly in that battle. Yeah Kaji'd been kinda dumb, but Yuta knew that he had no right to judge anyone for that. After all, he wasn't trying to drag himself to that other bridge, no reason that the guy would have known that he'd end up in the line of fire.

It was frustrating, but it was frustrating because Yuta'd done something wrong, and that was a better kind of frustration. He couldn't change others, but he could change himself. A few hours of wandering musing in, he hit something. Or rather, noticed a flash of light and decided not to hit further. Wires? Weird, it looked really complicated. Gently, he began tapping the rock wall around the object with his mech's hands. Needed the rock to crumble, couldn't just yank out the thing, what if it broke?

But a little extraction later, he had his prize. Making his way back up to the surface, he found some of the folks he knew liked to mess with this sort of stuff.

"Ey Shiki, I got something here, you know what this gizmo is? Cause I sure as hell don't."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2020, 10:37:04 am »

Shiki's Eyes light up at the possibility of new tech.
"Hmm, looks like a set of wires we could wire in to increase transfer rate. However I suspect that the nature of the device would decrease transfer efficiency. So it'll be useful when you need to transfer a lot of power very quickly, or when you need to send small amounts of power to something very quickly, depending on the equation for the loss." They say, putting a hand to their chin as they start thinking about how to use this new component. " Though the Energy loss kinda makes the Transfer Rate increase useless besides in conjunction with the lost energy, unless you want high speed signals, so I might be able to wire this into someone's controls to make them more responsive, in exchange for needing more power. Depending on the form of the lost energy I might also be able to make this into a melee weapon..."
My Power armor arms race

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2020, 10:57:16 am »

Lee sighs, grabs his Generic Repair toolkit probably consisting of a verity of wrenches and torches, and gets to work beating the Seraphiel back into its regular non-boxy elongated shape. After a surprising short amount of time the mecha returns surprising close to its original form, like it had never attempted to save our very un-mushroom like kingdom.

Repair Smashed cockpit (1AP)

"There ya go. All fixed. Probably. You should test it out a bit. That whole 'psychic attunement' thing kinda makes it a pain to test if the controls are working well."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2020, 02:45:39 pm »

"The heck are you on about? Ah well, you don't need to tell me I won't understand it. But once you got something made, just show me it. I don't need it but I do wanna see what it turns out ask, kay?" Yuta could understand some of what Shiki had said, words like useful and power and weapon, but they talked so fast, and all this stuff about transfer rates and equations, who knew what that was, anyway.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2020, 02:56:24 pm »

"The heck are you on about? Ah well, you don't need to tell me I won't understand it. But once you got something made, just show me it. I don't need it but I do wanna see what it turns out ask, kay?" Yuta could understand some of what Shiki had said, words like useful and power and weapon, but they talked so fast, and all this stuff about transfer rates and equations, who knew what that was, anyway.
"Can do! Now, I need to go find Kaji so we can start collaborating on our projects somewhat."Shiki smiles and darts off around a corner, before turning around and going in the opposite direction, as they realize they took the wrong turn in their excited and distracted state. "Right, Labs are this way!"
My Power armor arms race

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2020, 03:57:32 pm »

Tsukiko spends 2 AP and 1 Intractium to fix her Damascus Shield.
Violent Scratches, (2-1) AP, 1 Intractium
Smashed Up, 1 AP
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2020, 06:17:36 pm »

Kaji grinds a unit of Scarlite into dust, then uses 2 Dust, 1 Damaged Power Core, and 2 AP (1 base, +1 skill) to make an experimental craft.

The result is... interesting.

"Guys uh... nobody sneeze?" everyone hears called out from a far room.

Quote from: Result via Discord
Dust Overloader (Scarlite)
A high-energy power source full of fine dust. The slightest agitation will cause it to explode violently, destroying everything in a large area
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2020, 07:32:59 pm »

Lee looks toward his handiwork and puts his hand to his chin contemplatively.

"Hey...you know how you have this fire sword thing that can kill the bad guys close while I have this big gun that can kill things far away? What if we like...combine those two things somehow? Then we could kill things that are close and far. It would be the ultimate weapon. Some kind of...fire sword-gun."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7