Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [IC] Saint Mecha X  (Read 4719 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Saint Mecha X
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2020, 12:07:29 pm »

Hiro sees nothing, but hears some kind of vague commotion beneath his feet. After a few seconds of uncertainty, he nudges the Zaqiel very, very gently (trying to avoid the possibility of more apology repainting). "Lee, are we in the wrong place?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2020, 12:35:01 pm »

Lee looks down the entirety of the empty bridge as if checking for stealth units. He then walks over to the side of the bridge and peeks over.

"....We have successfully deterred the enemy from using this bridge. And obtained air superiority. Kinda. At least we have the high ground. Clearly we are in the correct place, but also need to move to the new correct place which is down there. Unless you want to hold my ankles so I can shoot them from here or something. You seem to know a lot about jumping, think we can make it from here?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2020, 12:40:06 pm »

"I am 100% completely confident in my ability to jump from here to there. I am also 100% completely confident in my ability to carry the Zaqiel around. I am not 100% completely confident in my ability to do both at once. However, as luck would have it, we are on a bridge and can just walk back to the mountainside to go to another bridge.

...Or, I could try holding your ankles so you can shoot them from here. It sounds like the kind of thing that would probably work and also be hilarious.
"

If Lee is okay with this plan, the Seraphiel gently suplexes the Zaqiel up over the side of the bridge and dangles it over the battlefield below.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2020, 12:43:41 pm »

Lee is indeed OK with this plan, making a mecha hand motion to initiate it.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2020, 12:09:45 pm »

Hiro and Lee's maneuver was awkward to perform, but they managed to pull it off successfully. After only a few minutes, Lee found himself face to face with the side of the bridge. It was a precarious position, the slightest misstep would result in the Seraphiel losing its grip and the Zaqiel tumbling into the depths below. It was also not a particularly useful position, as the Zaqiel would need to be a full echa length lower before its gun could even peek over the bottom edge of the bridge.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2020, 12:30:41 pm »

Shiki takes a breath and with a practice motion calmly draws their bow. Aiming for the inbound fliers.
"Ren, Requesting targeting prioritization and data. Should I focus on taking out those who are closing in on Kaji, or should I focus on the hostiles heading straight for us? If I focus on the ones by Kaji he can then focus on bombarding the forces on the bridge, and I have limited arrows, which could be preserved here, if it is possible for Yuta to take out those coming for bridge 10. I await your input to decide. You are the one with the advanced sensors and spotting gear after all, your assistance will make any shot I take almost certain to hit."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 02:38:12 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2020, 01:57:48 pm »

Brow-furrowed, Lee runs through his head attempts to shoot a volley "over" the obstructing bridge. Gravity isn't nearly as helpful at this task as it had been in the past, given that it is now pulling his shots straight "up" instead of in practical parabolas.

"Can you get me an extra...I don't know...18 feet somehow? Maybe we could just grab on to the bottom of the bridge or something."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2020, 02:05:38 pm »

"Hm, I have this really great idea for how we could do that."
Louder, as if trying to get someone's attention in a crowded room:
"Hey, Yuta, could you give us some help up here? We could use your grappling hook."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2020, 05:35:04 pm »

"H-Hit the ones coming at us right now, you dolt! Don't you see how fast they're coming?!" Ren braced for impact as she frantically slapped at buttons inside her cockpit, setting her radar equipment to get a read on the incoming threats and feed that targeting data to everyone nearby. "You better not be doing anything stupid up there!" she shouted into her comms on hearing the other chatter in the area.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2020, 06:44:30 pm »

"Targeting data received." With a carefulness and smoothness unusual to see in what should be a very frantic time, Shiki aims their bow at the Pazuzu which is at the front of the group coming towards them, adjusts their aim to try and hit something explosive, and releases the string, sending their first arrow downrange. "Firing commenced."
My Power armor arms race

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2020, 07:05:26 pm »

Shiki's arrow punched into the Pazuzu's armor with ease. It embedded itself in the flying Enemy, upsetting its balance and causing it to spiral out of the air, crashing into one of the many bridges far below.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2020, 07:18:36 pm »

"I could use some covering fire..." Tsukiko warns. Our Lady holds the shield outward and braces its wrist with the opposite hand, ready to push back against anything that came too close. Probably wouldn't work for long, but something's better than nothing, yeah?
Black lives matter.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2020, 07:55:47 pm »

Shiki draws another arrow on their bow, takes aim, and fires at another Pazuzu, then repeats the motion, choosing a new target and firing again.
My Power armor arms race

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2020, 06:19:07 pm »

"Don't think I can do that Hiro, we got shit to handle down here." The amount of time it'd take to get up there was too great, and he'd have to rappel up past the somewhat still alive flying mechs that were zipping in.

For now, Yuta aimed his grapple at one of the units that Shiki did not seem to be targetting. If they had to dodge, that'd slow them down, right? And if he hit one, so much the better. He'd retract his hook and try again if he missed. When all those are dealt with, he'll likely want to either reposition to bridge 5, or help someone else get up there to provide cover for Tsukiko.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2020, 06:19:30 pm »

"Don't think I can do that Hiro, we got shit to handle down here." The amount of time it'd take to get up there was too great, and he'd have to rappel up past the somewhat still alive flying mechs that were zipping in.

For now, Yuta aimed his grapple at one of the units that Shiki did not seem to be targetting. If they had to dodge, that'd slow them down, right? And if he hit one, so much the better. He'd retract his hook and try again if he missed. When all those are dealt with, he'll likely want to either reposition to bridge 5, or help someone else get up there to provide cover for Tsukiko.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7