Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 12: Wondrous brief! [Game End]  (Read 6135 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 03:09:03 pm »

Get to the cave and drink the water

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 08:45:50 pm »

"Yeah, I know! We should just proceed with caution, think before we leap. Make a bit of plan first. Fuck, I don't even know what's going on."

Get a good stout fir branch. For the general poking or bludgeoning of dangerous alien stuff.

Watch those other people interface with the strange tech, from a safe distance.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 07:56:35 am »

"I don't know all this alien stuff seems safe to me, and maybe if we're lucky we can get some death rays or something."
Wonder around and look for something that could be used as a weapon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 05:12:17 pm »

Turn 3:

Spoiler: "Elizabeth Fripp" (click to show/hide)
"You're approaching this with the wrong mindset. The alien technology has already messed with us, we're playing by its rules now."
Choose option 8, then go into the cave mouth. Drink some of the water dripping from the ceiling.
You select the image showing a person in a kneeling position with little radio-waves emanating from their head.
Immediately, you can feel a sense of connection to a powerful network. It's like you've just hooked up an old computer to modern wifi: your mind is far too slow to encompass and understand all the noise out there. However, you know that if you formulate your inquiry into a simple question, you will receive an answer, twice.

You step thirstily towards the cave, but trip over one of the cables.

Spoiler: "I" (click to show/hide)
"Playing by the rules? But which rules are they? I know a few different sets."
Punch tree to acquire wood.
Bizarrely, unexpectedly, the tree punches you first. As you wind up, a branch whips down and knocks you off your feet, up into the air.
You land about 30 feet up in a fir tree, grasping at the branches so you don't tumble to the ground. The branches grasp you back, wrapping around your ankles and wrists and, alarmingly, coiling loosely around your neck.
After a moment, the forest is again still, although you remain suspended by the tree.

Spoiler: "Ronda" (click to show/hide)
Get to the cave and drink the water
In a pulsing rhythm, warm air is blowing out of the cave. Consequently the cold stone of the cave mouth is moist and dripping. The water tastes so good! It refreshes you and clears your mind of uncertainty. The cave winds away into pitch blackness.

Spoiler: "Burt Smith" (click to show/hide)
"I don't know all this alien stuff seems safe to me, and maybe if we're lucky we can get some death rays or something."
Wander around and look for something that could be used as a weapon.
Oh you look around the clearing for a while, but get bored pretty quickly. Nothing looks very weapon-like, certainly not your little regular-person fists: they look like they'd break before anything you punched would.

Spoiler: "Douglas Fir" (click to show/hide)
"Yeah, I know! We should just proceed with caution, think before we leap. Make a bit of plan first. Fuck, I don't even know what's going on."
Get a good stout fir branch. For the general poking or bludgeoning of dangerous alien stuff.
Watch those other people interface with the strange tech, from a safe distance.

Aw man, all the good fir branches are up high, too far to reach. Everything down on the ground is moulding and crumbly. The ground is pretty wet throughout the clearing actually, unlike the surrounding woods. Like it had been hosed down recently.

You watch the others. It looks like they're enjoying being upgraded.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 05:14:12 pm by Trinculoisdead »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 3, In Russia...
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 05:31:27 pm »

“Let’s see what’s in the cave, I’d rather not be the only one going in”
Head into the cave

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 06:33:41 pm »

Peel bark off of tree and eat it, demonstrating the dominance of kingdom animalia over planthae.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 07:25:04 pm »

"We should get a light source before going too deep into that cave. Maybe some torches."

Make a pile of soft underneath the person who just...got pullet up into a tree? Leaves/needles, dirt, small branches, etc.

Check my inventory. We were abducted while sleeping, right? So I'm probably just wearing pyjama pants and a t-shirt.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2020, 05:33:40 am »

"How clumsy of me. I suppose my head must still be spinning from the modifications."

Go into the cave, hopefully don't die.

One wheel short of a wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2020, 05:42:45 am »

Go and look for a rock I can use as a weapon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2020, 12:35:03 pm »

Turn 4:

""How clumsy of me. I suppose my head must still be spinning from the modifications.""
Go into the cave, hopefully don't die.
You pick yourself up and go into cave, passing by the blond-haired woman who is holding her shin in pain. The way ahead is uneven and requires careful traversal with hands and feet. You pass around a bend in the cave, and it becomes very dark indeed. All you can hear is your own breath and movements.

Spoiler: "I" (click to show/hide)
Peel bark off of tree and eat it, demonstrating the dominance of kingdom animalia over planthae.
The bark is a little sappy and very chewy, but you get it down. The tree shivers--truly dominated--and drops you like you're hot, directly into a heap of moss and mud and fir-needles that the regular-looking dude with glasses is standing next to proudly. You go in head-first, and the pile splatters under you like a ripe tomato. Needles are stuck into your hair, moss into your ears and mouth, and mud coats your top half.

Spoiler: "Ronda" (click to show/hide)
“Let’s see what’s in the cave, I’d rather not be the only one going in”
Head into the cave
The cave winds away into pitch blackness. You take a few steps forward before bruising your shin on hidden, unyielding rock. The floor feels uneven here, but you can't see the details.

Spoiler: "Burt Smith" (click to show/hide)
Go and look for a rock I can use as a weapon.
You wander around a bit, and find a piece of reddish chert wedged into the bark of a fir tree. Eh it's nothing fancy, but it'll do: it's the size of a hatchet-head.

Spoiler: "Douglas Fir" (click to show/hide)
"We should get a light source before going too deep into that cave. Maybe some torches."

Make a pile of soft underneath the person who just...got pullet up into a tree? Leaves/needles, dirt, small branches, etc.
Check my inventory. We were abducted while sleeping, right? So I'm probably just wearing pyjama pants and a t-shirt.

You pile up a great heap of the moist dirt, moss, and needles. An excellent pile of soft! The size of it is actually very impressive.

Yeah, just your PJs. And your glasses.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 4, Slowly into the dark
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2020, 05:54:12 pm »

"Are you okay? Did that tree seem more alive than normal?"

Doug helps up the person who just fell.

"We should probably get some fire going. Already have some shelter and water in that cave, so fire's the next thing."

Start scavenging along the forest floor for fire starting supplies. Brush away the layer of needles and moss to look under it.
"I could probably start a fire with my glasses, if it's a very sunny day and I have good tinder."

Look for rocks. Any sharp flint rocks would be a jackpot, but keep any rocks I find. Pile them up near the cave entrance.

Also keep any sticks, especially ones that could be used as a torch handle. I know there aren't any good stout branches, but there might be some smaller ones that can still make a good torch handle or firewood. Make a pile of sticks near the cave entrance next to the rocks.

And keep an eye out for any litter, you would be surprised how much garbage there is out in the deep wilderness. A tin can would be great.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 05:59:13 pm by NAV »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2020, 06:35:54 pm »

"It's fine, I'm over here. It's pretty dark though, so move slowly. I'd wait until we have some kind of light source."

Turn around and go back into the light. If that works, start getting some sticks together, for basic torches.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2020, 11:11:28 pm »

"Any changes to my status condition are immaterial."

Peel a sheet of metal off of the spawn-contraption and sharpen it with a rock, then bind it to a wooden handle using some clothing, to form a basic machete.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2020, 02:46:12 am »

"So does anyone have any kind of plan as for what we're doing?"
Go over to the spawn area and see if I can't pull up one of those car charger like things or at least get some parts off of it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2020, 03:01:21 am »

"Not going into that cave, for sure. Not sure why I'd want to engage with the failure condition like that."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5