Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 12: Wondrous brief! [Game End]  (Read 6124 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 7: Pyro-tree
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2020, 10:59:12 am »

Walk of the cave entrance, observe events, retreat back into the cave if the fire becomes an issue.
One wheel short of a wagon

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2020, 03:46:43 pm »

"Fuck. Fuck! Everythings an alien! The trees! The machines! The people! Stay away!"

Should I help the person on fire? Should I help the person with the cables slithering towards them? Should I just run away and keep myself safe? The people in danger could secretly be aliens trying to lure me closer pretending to be in trouble so they can eat me.

Check if I have any fir sap on myself or my clothing.

If I don't, then go help the guy who's on fire! Just encourage him to stop drop and roll. Try to smother the fire with dirt and my pyjama shirt. Pee on him if I have to.

If I am currently covered in highly flammable fir sap, then help the person being attacked by alien tentacles instead. Don't get near, but back away and throw rocks at the tentacles.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 03:55:06 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2020, 04:27:30 pm »

"I never claimed to be a 'people'."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2020, 02:11:54 pm »

"And I never claimed to be a paranoid fucking schizophrenic but here we are"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2020, 04:55:55 pm »

"Oh yeah, I guess that panicking thing you're doing won't be very helpful. Could you stop?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2020, 11:25:48 pm »

"Been nothing but helpful. And I'm not panicking just freaking the hell out"

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2020, 12:12:06 am »

Turn 8:

Spoiler: "I" (click to show/hide)
Kill the slithering cable with my machete, then butcher it for meat to feed my comrades.
Eh, you chop the cable into pieces--sparks slither out of it and die in the grass--but it has no meat upon it.

Spoiler: "Burt Smith" (click to show/hide)
If I'm still on fire rub myself against the tree that set me on fire, if I've extinguished just lay in the mud for a little bit.
Blazing, you rush the pyro-tree. Buuuut you are disoriented, and trip over the sparking cable that the almost-entirely-human-looking figure just chopped. The grass beneath you withers and burns, as do you. You are dead.

...As the pain recedes (dead men feel no pain, right?), you feel yourself seeking around in the dark for something to inhabit. Of course, your immortality! You almost forgot, and you feel as though someone else almost forgot too, someone important. (But who? Well, let's not dwell on it.)

Ah! You feel a body, ripe for your mind. It is tall and strong, a little cruel perhaps, but hey whatever: you can alter that once you take it over. Yes, this will do nicely. You slip your soul into it...

...And look down from a great height onto your charring remains, and the others watching your body. Hm... you feel rather tree-ish. OH NO

Spoiler: "Elizabeth Fripp" (click to show/hide)
Walk of the cave entrance, observe events, retreat back into the cave if the fire becomes an issue.
Hm, yes, the others have been busy. More like Burnt Smith!, you chuckle to yourself. The fire is not an issue, for you.

Spoiler: "Douglas Fir" (click to show/hide)
""Fuck. Fuck! Everythings an alien! The trees! The machines! The people! Stay away!"
Should I help the person on fire? Should I help the person with the cables slithering towards them? Should I just run away and keep myself safe? The people in danger could secretly be aliens trying to lure me closer pretending to be in trouble so they can eat me.
Check if I have any fir sap on myself or my clothing.
If I don't, then go help the guy who's on fire! Just encourage him to stop drop and roll. Try to smother the fire with dirt and my pyjama shirt. Pee on him if I have to.
If I am currently covered in highly flammable fir sap, then help the person being attacked by alien tentacles instead. Don't get near, but back away and throw rocks at the tentacles."

You are not covered in sap.
That dude is super burnt and dead.
The alien tentacle has been cut in half by the weird one. No worries.

Spoiler: "Ronda" (click to show/hide)
Her slumber deepens.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 8: And so he ascends
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2020, 12:40:17 am »

"Mmm, I think it forgot something in addition to the machine-aided immortality. The introductory voice claimed that breaking while above ground would result in repairs via sunlight."

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2020, 02:10:19 am »

I guess the voice did forget about that one, but then changed its mind about all of that when it found out about its mistake, and now it prefers the way it did it anyway.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 02:13:40 am by Trinculoisdead »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2020, 06:18:07 am »

I AM A TREE AND I NEED TO SCREAM AND FLAIL ABOUT!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2020, 08:40:49 am »

"I think everything out here's trying to force us into that cave."

Get my flint back. Make the torches. Get it done.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2020, 09:20:32 pm »

Turn 9:

Spoiler: "Burt Smith" (click to show/hide)
I AM A TREE AND I NEED TO SCREAM AND FLAIL ABOUT!
Suddenly, a single fir tree begins bending and flailing as though it alone is caught in the storm of the century. The trees around it have branches broken off by the violence, branches that crash to the ground all around the people below. Even the great roots that hold the tree to the ground split the earth above them as they begin yanking themselves free. The squealing of branch rubbing on trunk and the whoosh of fir needles whirled through the air fills the clearing.

Spoiler: "Douglas Fir" (click to show/hide)
"I think everything out here's trying to force us into that cave."
Get my flint back. Make the torches. Get it done.
*sad trombone*
Your flint is flying through the air, grasped by the thrashing evergreen. You aren't able to get it back or finish the torches with all this dodging of falling limbs that you're having to do.

Spoiler: "I" (click to show/hide)
You feel sleepy and curl up under a branch.

Spoiler: "Elizabeth Fripp" (click to show/hide)
Despite the danger, you fall asleep on the ground near one of the charging stations.

Spoiler: "Ronda" (click to show/hide)
Ronda begins to sink into the ground, still slumbering peacefully.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

...Oops. Let's use my power to ask a question: can I access a safe way down to the giants?
One wheel short of a wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RIP MY SELF FROM THE GROUND, and give the flint to whoever wanted it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

AWAY from TREES. Into CAVE. Not deep into cave though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5