Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Numbercurse - Competitive - The Curse has been Lifted  (Read 29519 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Numbercurse - Competitive - Round 6 In-Progress - Most Caged Undead Wins!
« Reply #330 on: November 24, 2020, 03:12:00 pm »

Are there no useful bodies in the existing graves?

There are always other ethically unthinkable options to choose from, no need to resort to murder right away.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 24, 2020, 03:13:37 pm »

We have an dwarf invader corpse in the piles. It is a @ tile. But its a dwarf
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2020, 03:18:31 pm »

I’m going to start watching this. I won’t sign up yet though, I’m nowhere near good enough at the game.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Radipon

• Bay Watcher
  • Soapen Avatar of Vesh
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 27, 2020, 08:22:36 pm »

I am ready for Vesh's cold metallic embrace.

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2020, 01:03:00 pm »

Welp, I've sent my save. It was more fun than I expected, and had a lower score than I hoped. For some godforsaken reason, there was no invasion in my playthrough, and two separate caverns were blocked from spawning by a bunch of idiot elk birds stuck up various trees. I managed to kill one batch, but the other is above water so they're not easily reachable.

In the end, I only acquired 35 different undead; it might have nearly been 36 due to the last-minute addition of some mountain goats, but the skin I butchered and sent down the chute didn't rise fast enough. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose to someone who's been luckier with the spawns, but I still liked the year well enough.

A more detailed ‘inventory’, in chronological order (so basically the 'units' > 'other' list from the bottom up):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 01:12:25 pm by StrikaAmaru »
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 03, 2020, 05:36:32 pm »

Alright, looks like this challenge attracted much less attention than previous ones, and I can't tell if it was the difficulty or just players getting tired of the competition itself. In any case, I submit my own turn, as well as that of StrikaAmaru's, for the Fortress Review.

Salmeuk's Turn:

Hmm, what to say, what to say. . I'm not very good at these things. Competition goes against my natural instincts, and while I like hosting the things I'm poor at actually developing strategies for success. I got to mid-autumn with only 7 or so caged undead, when uh the dragon attacked:

It managed to burn down %90 of my cage traps, while also murdering all the traders and a large number of my dwarves. I captured it, and yes, I immediately went about zombifying it. . or at least I planned to. I attempted to kill it via a cave-in trap but it dodged the falling earth and suddenly I had a very angry, injured dragon on my hands. Also I ran out of time IRL and cut my year short.

So, my final score was 7 and while I did have quite a bit of fun designing my gigantic trapped hallway, I think the real strategy would look like something else entirely. Something more precise.

Strika's Turn:

A huge wall was built on the surface, with gaps plugged by cage traps:

Also the caverns were trapped:

Bralbaard's infamous pump chamber has been destroyed (a task I also undertook):

And, finally, the beauty of the undead zoo:

Strika's final score was indeed 35, and earned them Winner of the Sixth Round, as well as the title Zookeeper for their ability to capture and control a variety of beasts.

Alright. We'll do one more round on this save, and then call the end there. I imagine I will then make a new thread with, uh, the sequel to Numbercurse. I'm gonna try something different, perhaps a competition with lengthier player turns (multi-year) and a system that rewards points for a variety of goals of the more traditional sort, like smithing or item production, that kind of thing.

Round 7 will commence in a day or two, with a new post and scoring method. Thanks for reading!

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 05, 2020, 07:51:35 am »

Good news: I won. Bad news: because the contest is dead :c T.T

Oh well, I'll take my win as it is.

For the next run, could we leave a gap between challenges? One or even two weeks? The thing is, this challenge model keeps everybody playing, unlike with classical succession forts. So it's a constant rush from one challenge to the next; I know I felt harried, and I seem to have the most free time of everybody.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2020, 08:09:18 am »

Yeah. I wish I could have played this round, but maybe the pace was too quick ? IDK but work got me this time
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2020, 08:13:33 am »

Can confirm what little free time I've had lately has gone to Rimworld as I'm burning out on DF. Holidays and work plus the baby killed the last two rounds for me.

I'd love to see some sort of recap or historical dive into Numbercurse, though.

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 05, 2020, 12:36:55 pm »

The last hurrah, if anybody still cares: the report for year 6 of Number Curse. Apparently, if there’s building done, there’s also writing done.

A small note, I swapped from standard Phoebus to diagonal Phoebus; I think it makes my builds look better:
->

----

The plan for this year was to limit myself to just one savescum (or two playthroughs, if you prefer): a ‘draft’ one where I test all the things I never did, and a ‘real’ one, where I apply all the lessons. That decision wasn’t taken for NumberCurse itself; I want to continue my demon mobility experiment in the doomed world of Sil Kodor.

It also didn’t work, at all. I ended up doing four playthroughs.

In the draft playthrough, the point was to experiment with all the frankly very basic things that I never did before: a quantum stockpile, a drowning chamber, you get my drift. All was met with great success; and yeah, QSPs are finicky, but really simple after all. You just need to remember setting the same stockpile designation in three freaking places.

The QSP was initially intended for the forge area; it’s about time we sort the crap from the masterworks. It went well enough that I made two more - one for above-ground wood, and another for cavern loot. With this occasion, I found out there’s already a QSP created for empty barrels; it was accidentally disabled when I removed its input stockpile. I have no plans to re-enable it, at least not in this location:

In the first run, I was really unhappy with the results - I didn’t breach the caverns until autumn, for crying out loud. So I took advantage of the generous time limit, and replayed the year again. And I ended up doing it even worse - the elf ‘diplomat’ I murdered refused to rise, and so did his human bodyguard; I forgot to remove pets from the graveyard, so when the drowning completed, exactly none of them went to the resurrection room. Combined with the caverns being far less terrible than I expected, I went for a fourth replay.

No, I won’t regret it. It was still awesome.

Preparations:
 - The children’s burrow is responsible for a spectacular amount of cancellation spam; unassign children and leave the rest intact. That was too much of an annoyance; I deleted the burrow. What kind of name is Zwembad, anyway?

- Disable civilian alert, we need wood from the surface (was it really left on for the entire past year?!?).
 - 3 applets are in danger of unhappiness; the mainstay solution of assigning them to jobs they’re good at isn’t going to work, ‘cause none of them have jobs that produce masterworks. I eventually make all of them mechanics, because we’ll need a lot of cage traps constructed anyway.
 - Mass-reclaim.
 - Deconstruct last turn’s necessities, and any other random workshops. Among the latter, deconstruct all but 4 of the old smelters, and the extra forges (plus, above the forge, create a storage area for the spare anvils & mica blocks). Most of these require masonry, so for a few days everybody gets to be a mason.
 - Re-enable trade - deconstruct the constructed wall, dig the remaining strip of wall blocking access (which made the constructed wall superfluous, btw), build a depot. Correctly, this time, if at all possible.

- Create a new cashew wood stockpile for cages.
 - Nobles’ rooms and requirements have all been neglected. Spriggans was never assigned a bedroom, dining room, or tomb, and she mandated 3 gauntlets… yeah, we can do that. Hey, armorer!
 - Make guild halls for any guilds I find; I don’t think I can afford the unhappiness penalty from missed guild agreements. It doesn’t really matter where they end up, I just don’t want the timer to expire, and I’ll plonk artifacts and masterworks to up the value anyway.
 - Enlist the military. We need an undead elf, and a volunteer will arrive soon… no, not the traders; I’m talking about the so-called-diplomat. Btw: where is our human guest? Did she die without anyone noticing, or did she just leave? I’m asking because… reasons. (I think she did leave after all; no biggie, the elf brought a hyper-competent human bodyguard, sufficiently competent in fact that I gave up on military operations, and resorted to just drowning both of them. Spoilers…)
 - Digging:
 * Cloth room. I need to get all that leather out of my way.
 * Multiple trap corridors. Of note, on the surface I intend to duplicate the one I made in last year’s challenge, and there will be two new ones in the caverns.
 * A drowning chamber, where some pets will meet their end. I have my eye on you, Fath Kubukmeng, pet goose of Spriggans! And Fath Oltarildom, pet dog of a random bow-dwarf, possessed of some amazingly shitty stats)
 * A ‘resurrection’ chamber. For varying values of resurrection.
 - After all this is done, go look for the first cavern.
 - Mass hauling tasks:
 * Tattered clothing; needs a new garbage dump.
 * Melt items. After cleanowned and QSP, I think.
 - Critical jobs for the first period (they’ll be removed from hauling, except garbage because of cleanowned X:
 * The armorer can be left to train.
 * 4-5 furnace operators. I want to empty the ore stockpile, so I can make new and more specific ones. Also, melting. Dear Vesh, so much melting.
 * Miners and woodcutters.
 * Carpenters and mechanics, for traps.
 * Masons. Besides blocks, which are always needed, they should also carve out some floodgates and floor hatches. And a few coffins, I guess.

Spring

1st Granite. The sacrificial elf has arrived.

Spring has mostly passed with random hauling and digging. The caravan has left unmolested, after exchanging some of the fort’s rags for all its animals and two bows. Pickings were decent by elven standards.

Apropos of nothing, one of the traders is named Cacame; that kicked me straight in the nostalgia.

At the start of summer, the progress was:

1. A series of surface walls, limiting pathing and funneling animals into cage traps. These will be annoying in a siege, but that’s a problem for later. There was some hemming and hawing about the ponds, before I decided to say screw it and just build the wall after them, and some 20+ tiles from the map edge. In retrospect, there’s a pattern of placing these walls where it’s most convenient instead of where it’s aesthetic or consistent.

2. A trap corridor and resurrection chamber right next to it. The resurrection chamber is used via dumping from above; there was an attempt of placing refuse and corpse stockpiles between the traps, before I realized that’s a stupid way to go about it. The dumping channel was surrounded by cage traps; I learned in the previous play-through that fliers can sometimes hover in place, until some dwarf approaches; this way, there’s at least a chance they’ll stop in a cage when they climb out.

The small 3x3 pit on the lower level was made because zombies can reach 1 tile up, and attack dwarves dumping more stuff.

3. Drowning chamber. It’s locked by the fort’s proud artifact door, and has two screw pumps above: one pumping east-to-west to fill it, and another pumping south-to-north to empty it back into the reservoir. Given our limited amounts of surface water, it would be unwise to waste it.

The chamber itself was made into a meeting area, to lure in the elf ‘diplomat’, Lora Emaigife, and his far-too-good human bodyguard, Bengel Kirosukor. This decision was made after an attempt to kill them directly ended in some 5 dead dwarves. Drowning them, on the other hand, went without a hitch:

(note: I don't seem to have any new pics of the new drowning room, and I already deleted my copy of the save; these are from one of the older runs)

4. (and 5.) Trap corridors towards Cave2 & Cave3. The second and third caves are connected by an upwards passage, easily my least favorite natural structure in DF. This means that when I crack it open, I stand to face not only whatever is in the second cave, but also the critters from the third cave: at least two undead forgotten beasts, plus the blind cave ogre, Remkegeth, who killed one of them and caused so much grief to other players, plus a few other assorted undead.

Both of my corridors are connected to the rest of the fort by a single up-stair, covered by a hatch. The corridor for the second cavern is also bracketed by two sniper corridors, where our woefully inadequate ranged squad can try and get some shots in (they failed whenever it was tried). Below, there’s a room where the archers can assemble, and where eventually I’ll make a food and drink stockpile… if I feel like it. I never did.

For the third cave, the plan has shifted between play-throughs: the initial plan was comparable to the one above, but that has turned out to be overkill for normal zombies, and insufficient for the fort’s two forgotten beasts.

So in the final play-though, it was discarded in favor of a simple dog-leg corridor:

For the second cave, it was too late for simplifications: the outline was already dug out by the point of replay (the 6th of Slate, after trade with the elves has concluded), and on top of that it turns out I was blind: there’s already a bridge sealing out the second cavern, complete with fully connected lever:

The bridges are controlled by a set of dedicated levers, back up on level 145; this includes a lever for the first cave, which wasn’t breached until winter, and never got its own bridge seal:

On the dead things front, the surface traps are paying off already - a cougar made its way into a wall trap, and is now loitering in the animal stockpile. There have been two bilou corpses, but they ran into military dwarves first; they’ve been mangled beyond resurrection.

Another thing I’ve done in the spring is sort out the guilds; in the previous play-though, a guild agreement expired on the 8th of Hematite; the many pump operators in the fort have created themselves a guild, and predictably asked for a guildhall. This time, all guilds got a room during spring. For the sake of record keeping, this is the state of them:

The old guilds:
 - The Rock of Silver, for a metalsmith’s guild called The Company of Turquoise
 - The Attack of Influencing, for a weaponsmith’s guild (Company of Roars)
 - The Earthen Harvester of Raptors, for a farmer’s guild (The Hall of Glens)
 - The Foggy Hooves, for a planter’s guild (Company of Hailing)

The new guilds:
 - The Barricaded Blanket, pump operators (The Guild of Armor)
 - The Helmed Shells, Engineer (The Blockaded Company)
 - The Lavender Room, Carpenters (The Company of Glaze)
 - The Rosy Sun, Woodworkers (The Hall of Stockades)

These 4 are in the hall leading to the smiths’ rooms. They’re all 6x6 rooms, and share the pedestal with the artifact axe; as a result, all 4 are in the neighborhood of 1.65 million dwarf bucks, despite the overlap. Why do we even have more than one guild room?

And with this, I’ll temporarily turn on the civilian alert; if a siege comes, they can entertain themselves with the wild undeath.

Summer

6th of Hematite. There is absolutely nothing happening on the surface, so I might as well build a few more walls.

It’s at about this time I noticed I screwed up the wood QSP: I made it one tile off to the north. There are no plans to fix it.

1st of Malachite. With trading concluded, it’s time to punch through the caverns. Somehow, I still manage to feck about for an entire month.

On the 6th of Galena, I'm finally ready. The two known caverns, everything from level 17 to 4, are removed from the burrow; then, the stairwell is re-added in the underground burrow. Both melee squads are stationed above the corridor on level 5, and the miner is asked to dig the last tile.

The forgotten beast, Loslal, rushes in; it’s killed without casualties, and the army is moved en masse to explore the cavern.

The blind cave ogre is located immediately, alongside an undead reacher arm; they’re both to the south, so the army gets moved to the north. The hope is that they’ll go to the fortress and get stuck in cages, as opposed to getting intercepted by the military and mangled. This proceeds to fail, because the fucking idiots keep going back and forth into the fort. Eventually, three dwarves are killed by the ogre, while the two forgotten beasts were both annihilated without incident; that’s what happens when you travel alone in insecure caverns! At long last, the ogre got caged:

The reacher is then immediately one-shotted by an arrow; with the perils of the cavern either caged or killed, the civilians can be left inside. A mass of corpse hauling ensues. And while I’m here, might as well wall up the passage:

While all this was going down and the other dwarves were locked away, a new zombification operation is being prepared near the surface. A single butcher’s workshop was built, and the only active rawhide stockpile is the one right next to the resurrection dump zone. The plan is to zombify as many skins as possible (and a few fleeces, too), while also not wasting any of the butchering products. This was planned for summer, but put on hold due to the cavern becoming accessible a lot sooner than expected.

Autumn.

13th of Limestone. The caravan has arrived, just as we got 15 idlers.

23rd of Limestone. The saddest of sad sacks has fallen to dwarven justice. The little whiner has been tantrumming and starting fights the whole year, so good riddance. He has pissed me off enough that I dump his corpse in the resurrection chamber, instead of burying him. Note to self, make some slabs.

Around the same time, the cave goes under scrutiny. Against all odds, it has been cleared of all corpses; this means it’s time to start clearing wood, before something unpleasant shows up. The stockpile for corpses gets expanded for wood, the stop with stockpile designations is recreated, and the track stop is inverted - instead of dumping to the right, it now goes to the left. That works mostly fine, excluding some unfortunate miasma events.

The third cavern may be safe from spawns, actually; there are two elk birds stuck in a tree, and going by unit order, they’ve been there since around the start of the year. That would be good for hauling wood, but bad for spamming zombies, so I’ll have to deal with them.

Meanwhile, the second cavern remains completely ignored. There are no visible corpses on it, and no visible wildlife either. Instead, butchering gets my attention. The animals that still live, for now: innumerable dogs, cats and turkeys (ok, not really innumerable but it sure feels like it: 66, 25, and 31); an alpaca, a boar, a cavy sow, two donkeys, one duck and two drakes, four ewes and 3 rams, two geese and two ganders, a groundhog, a guineacock, a hen (no roosters), two horses, a kakapo, two llamas, a nanny goat, three peregrines (for some baffling reason males are called tiercel peregrines and females are peregrine falcons), and one wolverine.

The male tiercel peregrine and the wolverine are wild animals, caught in cage traps. Both will be tamed, but for slightly different reasons - the wolverine will get slaughtered as soon as it's even slightly tame, but for the peregrine I have other plans: I want to try breeding him with the two females; they’re vermin hunters just like cats, but without the danger of catsplosion. Eventually one of them will have to be drowned, because peregrines are too small and don't drop leather.

Meanwhile, the slaughter begins: a donkey, a drake, the groundhog, hen, guineacock, kakapo and nanny goat, plus the male horse (actually, I forgot to mark the male horse; didn’t notice until mid-winter). These are slaughtered first, and their hides are thrown down the resurrection hole to rise once more. The wolverine soon follows. In addition, the sheep, alpacas and llamas are sheared; the first attempt is to raise their fleeces, and if that won’t work they can always be butchered.

With the resurrections done, more standard slaughtering can begin. We have, at this point, 109 animals, 66 of which are dogs. Some culling is in order, and the tanner’s workshop will be rebuilt in its old location:

The caves aren’t being neglected either; the cut wood has all been hauled. This leaves about 20 idle dwarves, and we can’t have that. It’s time to expand operations.

In the third level, I’m going to finally slaughter the two elk birds; but first I have to cut down the trees they’re stuck in. It’s likely wise to dig some of the stone columns, to ease military operations.

The two elk birds are killed, and a jabberer immediately spawns. The third cave is now banned to dwarves.

The second cavern still has no signs of life, normal or otherwise; seriously, not even corpses. I’ll punch through to my trap corridor, half because it’s better guarded and half because I don’t want it to be wasted. Then I’ll pick some silk; might as well get that much out of it.

As for the first cavern, in a previous playthrough I dug a bunch of exploratory tunnels to the west of the staircase; one of them hit wet stone at 90, so it’s a good bet the first cavern is around there somewhere. Some more digging two levels higher reveals the cavern, and it doesn’t look at all well: at least half of it is a lake, with land on the east and west. On the plus side, there’s already a giant rat in it.

Winter

… has come, it is the 14th of Moonstone, and not a trace of goblin invasion is present. I’m kinda disappointed, to be honest. It was my only chance of getting a beak dog; or a troll, since the troll corpses I have are both mangled and refuse to rise. Oh well.

The exploration of the first cavern has concluded, barring a small area off to the west; that part is absolutely carpeted in spider webs. There are, still, no animals to be found here. The giant rat has left, and a few naked mole dogs spawn to the west; they’re swiftly killed and resurrected.

In the last month of winter, I also find out the reason for the absence of beasts in the first cavern: another batch of damn elk birds stuck up a damn tree.

It’s at this point that I give up and release the military from duty. This ends up paying strange dividends, because the surface is occupied by five mountain goats. I try to kill them, and succeed in getting three. I dump a corpse, and the rest are butchered; one hide is dumped as well. Unfortunately, there are mere days left in the year, and neither rise by the time Granite begins.

Final Score: 35.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 04:46:43 pm by StrikaAmaru »

Radipon

• Bay Watcher
  • Soapen Avatar of Vesh
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 05, 2020, 11:13:04 pm »

Is it a pump operators guild or pump operators support group?

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 06, 2020, 12:54:19 pm »

Is it a pump operators guild or pump operators support group?

Yes :)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 06, 2020, 05:26:18 pm »

Great write up Strikeamaru, I enjoyed that.
I also want to add that I really like the idea of this succession game and that I enjoyed all the rounds I joined.
Unlike other games this one needs a lot of players *every round* and that is hard to achieve with the low traffic the boards have right now. With the exception of the last turn we had a fair number of players though so I guess there is no need to worry too much.

Also there were some questions in StrikaAmaru's post that were related to my mismanagement of the fortress in the previous turn..
Quote from: StrikaAmaru
- The children’s burrow is responsible for a spectacular amount of cancellation spam; unassign children and leave the rest intact. That was too much of an annoyance; I deleted the burrow. What kind of name is Zwembad, anyway?
It's Dutch for swimming pool, I forgot to delete it.

Btw: where is our human guest? Did she die without anyone noticing, or did she just leave? I’m asking because… reasons.
I kicked out all the visitors at the start of my turn because they did not count for the score, but did count towards the population cap. I had hoped they would be replaced by migrants, but those never came.

Another thing I’ve done in the spring is sort out the guilds; in the previous play-though, a guild agreement expired on the 8th of Hematite; the many pump operators in the fort have created themselves a guild, and predictably asked for a guildhall.
The pump room itself was their guild hall at the end of my turn, it likely was destroyed when you gave the hallway it's old function as a trade depot back.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 08, 2020, 02:43:20 am »

A very detailed writeup indeed. I am embarrassed to not have thought of a drowning trap, which would have netted me a zombie dragon, which should be worth at least 2 points. And, honestly, just your unit list writeup fills me with glee. Something in me, the inner child perhaps, loves the idea of menagerie, and an undead zoo is just too cool.

With Numbercurse in it's current state, what with confusion and every dwarf the same color and useless statues and weapons everywhere, and that HUGE stock of booze we're still working our way through, it's about time we used the most basic and generic of scoring methods, one which I was afraid of trying at first, but will likely lead to !!FUN!! as a final round.

As the current scores stand, give or take a few dwarfbucks

A competition for the vain. Each player who obtains the highest created wealth in any of the 7 sub-categories listed on the z-screen (status sceen) will earn 1 point. All points earned will be totaled, and the player with the most won categories will be declared victor! In case of a tie for category, points will be awarded to both players. In case of a tie for overall winner, the highest overall Created Wealth will be declared winner.

We will be letting this one simmer; as you have all pointed out, and I experienced myself this last round, for competition gameplay the game requires more attention than normal, and every 2 weeks is rather fast. So the cutoff for turn submissions will be one month from now, after the holiday season, on Jan. 7th, 2021. So, please don't forget you intend to play! I will try to post some reminded updates as the month goes on. Again, as always, all players are welcome, even if it would be your first round. I intend to create a sequel in the future, and it's a good time to try out the competition and see if it's something you like playing.

And no, I'm not really sure what 'Displayed' means and I think we should all figure that one category out together haha

Here is the save for the final round of Numbercurse
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 02:46:00 am by Salmeuk »

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 14, 2020, 02:34:40 pm »

Displayed things is wealth of items on pedestals

I have a few suggestions for the next round

Most varieties of writable literature. So this could be material based like a jaguar leather book and a turkey leather scroll, or numbers based (raid them towers!)

Highest number of liquid pools at least 4 units deep. this is the entire pools rather than tiles.

and finally, for the most useless challenge possible: Highest number of Extracts (farming skills, cave spider venom, cheese etc)
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24