Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on Necromancy and Megabeasts (Answered)  (Read 2505 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Question on Necromancy and Megabeasts (Answered)
« on: September 11, 2020, 05:00:12 am »

If I was to have a Necromancer Adventurer animate (not resurrect) a Megabeast, would the Megabeast still be hostile to me?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 04:58:34 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Necromancy and Megabeasts
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 05:49:22 am »

I've had minotaurs and giants in my army before. They should be loyal.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Necromancy and Megabeasts
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 04:27:42 pm »

Excellent. Thank you for answering.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

SomeGuy3

• Bay Watcher
  • Licking dwarf meat is the way to escape starvation
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Necromancy and Megabeasts (Answered)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 07:36:34 pm »

I'm aware this post is marked as answered, but i just want to expand this a little bit:
If you kill a creature, no matter if it's a forgotten beast or a kea, they'll be hostile to you after being resurrected, but creatures that were killed by other person won't
What's the deal with keas? They're cute little birds in real life, but in the game they're just dumb Ks that aren't useful at all!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 02:44:49 am »

I'm aware this post is marked as answered, but i just want to expand this a little bit:
If you kill a creature, no matter if it's a forgotten beast or a kea, they'll be hostile to you after being resurrected, but creatures that were killed by other person won't
Oh, damn. The glitch with the intelligent undead must extend to every other undead, too. That sucks.

SomeGuy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 06:25:31 am »

Oh, damn. The glitch with the intelligent undead must extend to every other undead, too. That sucks.
Yeah, it's really bad, but realistic in a way, imagine being a dragon and getting slain by a dwarf only for the dwarf to resurrect you, you would try to kill him again, wouldn't you?
What's the deal with keas? They're cute little birds in real life, but in the game they're just dumb Ks that aren't useful at all!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 07:04:20 am »

Yeah, it's really bad, but realistic in a way, imagine being a dragon and getting slain by a dwarf only for the dwarf to resurrect you, you would try to kill him again, wouldn't you?
Traditionally in the subgenre I think of as the "D&D milieu", which DF basically inhabits, necromantic zombies are not actually the same creature resurrected, but some kind of energy puppet squatting the corpse.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 09:04:40 am »

Huh, just killed and used Animate Corpse on a Goblin and a Dingo (both hostile when killed). They weren't hostile afterwards, and are currently showing as companions/friendlies.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:18:25 am by Quantum Drop »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 02:31:01 pm »

I just tested it, too. Seems to be a coin flip in adventure mode, but always hostility in arena.

SomeGuy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 03:23:30 pm »

I just tested it, too. Seems to be a coin flip in adventure mode, but always hostility in arena.
Wow, glad you clarified how it works, so it's not dependant on your attitude towards the creature, but rather luck.
Intresting

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 02:54:46 pm »

Are you sure about that? I know arena's always hostile due to the fixed factions in there, but I've spent the last week or so animating every foe I kill via Animate Corpse. Every one of them has been friendly, rather than hostile, so I don't think it's a coin toss as to whether a reanimated foe's hostile.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 12:58:55 am »

Are you sure about that? I know arena's always hostile due to the fixed factions in there, but I've spent the last week or so animating every foe I kill via Animate Corpse. Every one of them has been friendly, rather than hostile, so I don't think it's a coin toss as to whether a reanimated foe's hostile.
Coin toss is the wrong term, because it makes it seem 50/50, but I've definitely had some normal undead I raise attack me. I'd be a little cautious when raising megabeasts for that reason.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2020, 05:10:20 am »

Will be careful, then.