Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Political Topic: Face Mask!  (Read 296 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Political Topic: Face Mask!
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:23:16 am »

Arch-Conservative: Nobody wears them, because this whole COVID thing is just a Chinese Commie Plot.  Instead, people randomly die for NO REASON.  Especially elderly characters.

Elite Liberal: It's a felony to not be wearing a face mask, or to have COVID and be outside.
I think the word you were looking for is "monster".

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Political Topic: Face Mask!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 10:09:41 pm »

:D

I'd be interested if LCS COVID really is a Chinese Communist plot, but is still a deadly virus nonetheless  ;)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 09:10:01 am »

Well, at Arch-Convervative, the laws say that COVID does not exist, and deny anyone from spreading the FALSE information that it does exist.
...It totally does still exist, they just act like it doesn't, like homosexuality or the lethality of firearms in the hands of youth.

At Elite Liberal, blaming the victim is in full force.  I'm almost thinking that failure to wear a face mask is a capital offense, with Heath Squads running around gunning anyone down that isn't wearing one.  Probably also purifying anyone found with it outside of their home.

Also: Damn the Republican party for making this a political issue.  They could have just said, "Hey, let's actually acknowledge a legitimate health risk". 
Instead, "Science bad, we should be able to do whatever we want!"  I'm sort of pushing for this as it is truly absurd enough to match the spirit of this game.

Personally, I think the so called "Liberal" governors are about moderate in their response.  They acknowledge the threat, but haven't generally locked people up to enforce their policies.  I haven't even heard much about the touted cash fines: They've been more a threat than an actual thing.
I think the word you were looking for is "monster".

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 10:29:54 pm »

Arch-conservative: Wearing a mask gets you shot on sight. Masks are a Chinese Communist plot according to the Conservatives!

Also at Elite Liberal, the Firemen should come back but instead of burning books, they burn alive anyone who's infected.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:09:17 am by Taberone »

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 05:24:41 pm »

Gunning people down/torching/executing them would only happen if mask laws are at L+, yet law enforcement + prison + firearm laws are at C+. If the latter laws are at L+, anti-maskers would be 'quarantined' in prison for life.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 05:27:25 pm by ShinQuickMan »