Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Political Topic: Face Mask!  (Read 13603 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
New Political Topic: Face Mask!
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:23:16 am »

Arch-Conservative: Nobody wears them, because this whole COVID thing is just a Chinese Commie Plot.  Instead, people randomly die for NO REASON.  Especially elderly characters.

Elite Liberal: It's a felony to not be wearing a face mask, or to have COVID and be outside.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Political Topic: Face Mask!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 10:09:41 pm »

:D

I'd be interested if LCS COVID really is a Chinese Communist plot, but is still a deadly virus nonetheless  ;)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 09:10:01 am »

Well, at Arch-Convervative, the laws say that COVID does not exist, and deny anyone from spreading the FALSE information that it does exist.
...It totally does still exist, they just act like it doesn't, like homosexuality or the lethality of firearms in the hands of youth.

At Elite Liberal, blaming the victim is in full force.  I'm almost thinking that failure to wear a face mask is a capital offense, with Heath Squads running around gunning anyone down that isn't wearing one.  Probably also purifying anyone found with it outside of their home.

Also: Damn the Republican party for making this a political issue.  They could have just said, "Hey, let's actually acknowledge a legitimate health risk". 
Instead, "Science bad, we should be able to do whatever we want!"  I'm sort of pushing for this as it is truly absurd enough to match the spirit of this game.

Personally, I think the so called "Liberal" governors are about moderate in their response.  They acknowledge the threat, but haven't generally locked people up to enforce their policies.  I haven't even heard much about the touted cash fines: They've been more a threat than an actual thing.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 10:29:54 pm »

Arch-conservative: Wearing a mask gets you shot on sight. Masks are a Chinese Communist plot according to the Conservatives!

Also at Elite Liberal, the Firemen should come back but instead of burning books, they burn alive anyone who's infected.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:09:17 am by Taberone »

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 05:24:41 pm »

Gunning people down/torching/executing them would only happen if mask laws are at L+, yet law enforcement + prison + firearm laws are at C+. If the latter laws are at L+, anti-maskers would be 'quarantined' in prison for life.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 05:27:25 pm by ShinQuickMan »

lemonlime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 06:56:31 am »

Abject Failure: Supporting any health safety regulation that impedes the economy directly is deemed a Communist Crime against the Glorious Free Market System punishable by death.

C+: COVID parties are celebrated as an expression of American freedom.

C: Mask-wearing, social distancing, and other safety measures are not enforced during the pandemic.

M: Mask-wearing, social distancing, and other safety measures are somewhat enforced in most places.

L: Safety practices are enforced and testing is often required for certain industries during the pandemic.

L+: People in violation of pandemic safety practices must attend and pass a mandatory online epidemiology course. (In-game, this is a science skill check.)

Triumph: People in violation of pandemic safety practices must attend and pass a rigorous mandatory online epidemiology course which they do not pay for because education is free now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 01:59:03 am by lemonlime »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 10:27:50 pm »

Needs a separate, Stalinist opinion  :P

lemonlime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 01:58:26 am »

Stalinist failure: Violators who do not conform to safety protocols are deemed traitors to our Glorious Nation and face immediate deportation or execution by paramilitary gangs.

Is there really a Stalinist ending though? I see a track in the ogg music folder for it, or is that used for something else?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 01:27:43 pm »

There is a Stalinist ending. You need to have Stalin-mode activated, and if so politicians with Stalinist political alignments can be elected. If enough in the House and Senate are elected, then they can pass the Stalinist amendment, which results in the Stalinist ending.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 01:36:07 pm »

Zorro: I need a new shtick.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 11:32:33 am »

I'm not really sure where Stalinists would stand on the Mask Usage issue.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 12:52:36 am »

Stalinist failure: Violators who do not conform to safety protocols are deemed traitors to our Glorious Nation and face immediate deportation or execution by paramilitary gangs.

Is there really a Stalinist ending though? I see a track in the ogg music folder for it, or is that used for something else?

Stalinist ending requires disbanding the LCS and idling for a few decades + enabling it on versions of LCS that implement it, however half-baked and half-finished it is. It'll replace the "Reaganified" ending you get for disband/waiting for several decades.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 01:04:36 pm »

I'm not really sure where Stalinists would stand on the Mask Usage issue.
Masks are mandatory, but undocumented mask usage is a capitol offence. Those who do not register their masks with the State Bureau of Pandemics are shot as counterrevolutionary agents.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

lemonlime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 06:29:15 am »

Zorro: I need a new shtick.
One of my at-work-thoughts I had but usually forget about after getting home was wanting to replay the sword fighting part in monkey island. You have reminded me. Thank you.

Stalinist ending requires disbanding the LCS and idling for a few decades + enabling it on versions of LCS that implement it, however half-baked and half-finished it is. It'll replace the "Reaganified" ending you get for disband/waiting for several decades.
I was wondering how that worked. That makes sense now.

Masks are mandatory, but undocumented mask usage is a capitol offence. Those who do not register their masks with the State Bureau of Pandemics are shot as counterrevolutionary agents.
Plus the masks also have to depict the Stalinist leader in flattering detail or something. Or maybe they make five year plans to deal with COVID and all other diseases. Probably they'll prioritize vaccine distribution to elite loyalists of the cult of personality. Something like that.