• Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Tribe
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2020, 10:00:43 am »

Mid Summer

7 Turns Survived
8 Turns Until End of Winter

The Tribe busies themselves with their final preparations before they each go about their own errands.
The Elder advises The Hunter, and gives caution about the recently spotted smoke. They then linger for a time, watching The Hunter leave. The Elder grows wiser all the time. They also forget some things. But they hold on to what is dear. /Elder, see instructions below./
The Hunter brings the woven basket along and tries out gathering, how hard could it be? [5] [6] -1 +1 They find a bountiful tree and start picking, gathering 6 fruit in total. Not very hard it seems.
The Crafter clears a space to design something new and collects a few common objects. [5] +[1] +2 They've made a simple branch a weapon by weaving a rock shard on the end. A simple spear. With this, anyone could hunt on their own. This could also make a fine walking stick for the injured or elderly.

Elder, choose a new role:
A. Healer (Tend to injuries as a free action. Can do another thing. Vegetarian.)
B. Shaman (Ceremony as a free action. Can do another thing. A little crazy.)
C. (Wiser) Elder (Advise as a free action. Can do another thing. A little frail.)

The Eye of Fear is closed tonight. But there is a glow, and it draws near. Someone holding a torch manifests from the nothingness, and hails to approach. The 3 meet the loner, it is a Nomad.

If the Nomad receives and consumes a piece of The Tribe's food, this will signify they are welcome to stay. Tribe members must gain permission from the others to offer the newcomer food.

(This is the Hunger Phase for trading and consuming items. The Roles tab and further details about the Nomad will appear in the next phase if they remain. The Noman has been PMd a summary of their powers, which they can share in their own words if they wish to.)

You have 48 hours. Eat or Go Hungry.

Copy/Paste list to update!
| | |
v v v

// Elder: Ceremonial Mask
/ Hunter: Tattered Woven Basket, 6 Fruit
/ Crafter: Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle, Spear
/ Nomad: Spear, Fur Coat
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 1 Spoiled Meat, (Safe) Human Corpse

^ ^ ^
| | |
Copy/Paste list to update!

Addit: With the Ceremonial Mask, a ceremony can still be performed regardless of The Elder's role selection.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 11:16:40 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2020, 10:25:43 am »

Can Wiser Elder advise multiple times (since it's a free action?)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2020, 10:36:31 am »

"Greetings. I bring good tidings from afar, though I wish to no longer simply wander. May I rest at the fire, perhaps partake of your stores?"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2020, 10:51:40 am »

Can Wiser Elder advise multiple times (since it's a free action?)
*Once per turn. Same for the other two.
Awesome With Autism

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2020, 11:32:21 am »

Request 1 fruit the Hunter gathered.

Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 1 Spoiled Meat, (Safe) Human Corpse

"Sure, though we have precious little to eat."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:18:59 pm by TricMagic »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2020, 11:43:50 am »

(You cannot consume items you do not own. Also remember to remove hunger / slashes when you do eat.)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 11:48:11 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2020, 12:19:11 pm »

Request 1 fruit the Hunter gathered. Give Spear to Hunter for easier hunting.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 03, 2020, 01:18:30 pm »

render (safe) Human corpse into 6 (safe) human meats. Eat 1 fruit. move the rest (5) fruit to the communal pile.

Hunter: Tattered Woven Basket
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 1 Spoiled Meat, 6 (safe) human meats, 5 fruit.

We actually have this pile of completely unsuspicious meats, I will give one to the nomad on the condition he dries them.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2020, 01:20:58 pm »

Eat 1 Fruit. Give Spear to Hunter for use.

Hunter: Tattered Woven Basket, Spear
Crafter: Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle.
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 1 Spoiled Meat, 6 (safe) human meats, 4 fruit.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2020, 03:11:24 pm »

We actually have this pile of completely unsuspicious meats, I will give one to the nomad on the condition he dries them.

Once The Elder gives the final OK on an offering, The Nomad will be able to eat and be accepted into the group. (Gaining access to the communal stash, remove items from it beforehand if you have reservations.)
Awesome With Autism

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2020, 04:02:21 pm »

The newcomer looks at the "completely unsuspicious" meats and laughs. "Haha, you think I haven't tasted long pork before? Life and death, eat and be eaten, it's all a part of our entwined Fates."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2020, 11:11:39 pm »

The Elder has become a little wiser.
"Please eat from our stock as you need."
I will be eating 2 fruit from the stock. Also I am using 1 spoiled meat for the ceremony.

Elder: Ceremonial Mask
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 6 (safe) human meats, 2 fruit.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2020, 11:50:04 pm »

Nomad: Spear, Fur Coat
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 5 (safe) human meats, 2 fruit.

"Thank you. My luck is yours." he says, consuming 1 Safe Human Meat.

Is there still time to dry the meats, or will they unfortunately go to waste?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2020, 10:12:05 am »

You'll need the drying slab, I think.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2020, 11:05:27 am »

Mid Summer Feast

Crafter: Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle
Nomad: Spear, Fur Coat
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 1 Spoiled Meat, 5 (Safe) Human Meat

The Hunter ate some of fresh fruit and they are full.
The Crafter ate some of fresh fruit and they are full.
The Elder ate a couple helpings of fresh fruit and they are full.
The Nomad ate some of fresh (safe) human meat and they are full.

The Elder appears before the others like an unworldy being donning the cremonial mask, with the dancing shadows and the glow of the flames enhancing the features.
The Elder takes a burning piece of wood from the firepit and instructs the others to do so. They form a line of four bobbing embers swallowed in total blackness. Ahead of them, the sacred rock formation emerges from nothingness. The four form a circle.
The Elder steps forward and offers some spoiled meat, also trusting the sacrifice of some fresh human meat from before will be remembered.
They then lead the others in a chant, speaking respectfully and reverently to the ancestors. Heroes of the past are recited, as are the historical events they experienced, and terrific beasts they encountered. The chant ends with The Elder making a prayer for the tribe.
The Elder becomes silent and meditates for a short period, then begins to speak and move in an entirely different cadence. The words that pour from behind the mask are those of love and guidance.

"We are saddened by your many losses. They are now among us. They wish to warn you: Do not be alone."

When The Elder is once again themselves, they seem to glow with a radiance of inner peace.
The sacrificed food is left by the sacred rock formation for animals to consume. The Tribe returns to the cave to sleep.

Action Phase

[1] [6] At first light chirping echoes from over The Forest. Wailing carries from The Lake. As the trees begin to yellow, it is a reminder of the cold to come.

The Elder reflects upon the ceremony. The connection to the ancestors was particularly clear while the Eye of Fear was closed. They also recalled the former elder would sometimes request a specific blessing, or for an answer to a question. /Ceremonies performed mid season grant the strongest connection to The Ancestors. Requests for information or favors may be possible./
The Elder's hands tremble with age and their arms lack strength, their healing hands are no more. But they know of the Healing Leaves that would aid some problems, and teach about them to the others. /When Tribe members gather, instead of fruit they can choose to look for Healing Leaves./

The Crafter notices The Hunter's tattered basket, something they could repair easily if given back. /The Crafter can repair 1 item per turn as a free action./
The Crafter also notices the fur coat worn by The Nomad. It would be a simple thing to replicate, and good to guard against minor injuries and cold. /Learned Fur technology./

The Nomad added to Roles tab. Hunting can be done by anyone with a Spear or by The Hunter(with or without a Spear). Gathering can be done by anyone with a Basket. Without these, others can still accompany someone who is hunting or gathering to render minor assistance and receive the normal coin flip for some extra meat or fruit.

You have 48 hours. Choose Your Action.

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Addit: Spears. Drying.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 04:47:03 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24