Author Topic: Tribe  (Read 19290 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Tribe
« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2020, 10:12:33 pm »

I could possibly see it viewed that way, but I see it as potentially overpowered. Aside from being an Elder, you do have access to the ceremonial mask that allows for meta wishes and requests, that you haven't used yet.

You can actually see what might have happened just this turn if you wernt around, before I corrected to count your extra roll.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:17:42 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2020, 10:50:44 pm »

I could possibly see it viewed that way, but I see it as potentially overpowered. Aside from being an Elder, you do have access to the ceremonial mask that allows for meta wishes and requests, that you haven't used yet.

You can actually see what might have happened just this turn if you wernt around, before I corrected to count your extra roll.
I would much rather it be when I use the ceremonial mask instead of asking a question get a bonus. Because I will almost never remember to ask a question or never can think of just one. Again not complaining just giving some feedback/constructive criticism. I do know how hard it is to balance things, having made may a game(some of which were nowhere near balanced).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:52:37 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2020, 11:27:42 pm »

I know some other hosts are different, but for me when you give feedback publicly, you are challenging me to justify the game all the other people are playing. Something I can do because I made it. But if you really want to give me feedback in a way I will actually be receptive to it. Discuss it in PM, or even better at the end of the game, when I am thinking about how things might be changed from the ground up if I host similar games some day.

The ceremony can be used for a question or a prayer/request. And it would be pretty powerful if you delegated what actions you'd be willing to give the extra roll to...
When 0cra_Troper was The Crafter, they never even crafted, but TricMagic has made a spear and a basket that has a big effect on turn outcomes, and you can see the difference between using a role's potential, versus not.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #258 on: November 23, 2020, 08:49:17 am »

10 Turns Survived
5 Turns Until End of Winter
Start of Winter

The Eye of Wrath is a cloudy memory. No immigrants from other Tribes have come, and The Tribe is down to just three. Less mouths to feed, but less room for mistakes.

As the bad weather rages outside the cave, The Elder imparts some wisdom before The Hunter heads out with a basket.

As The Elder lays back down, The Nomad begins to toil on a new crafting project: preserving food with cold. They begin by gather up 3 Spoiled Meat, and the Rodent Carcass...

The Hunter decides to stay close to the cave, only searching in the Home Territory for fruit. They hold one arm in front of their eyes in the blizzard, while they grip the basket close to prevent it from blowing away as they make tracks forward...

Dubious Cold Food Storage Learned: Well, maybe some of this will stay fresh? The Nomad has dug out a hole in the ground and packed it with two layers of snow, with a layer of some items in the middle...It should stay cold enough, but the food will get soggy, it may even become poisonous if not used this night. It was worth a shot?

The Hunter's eyes are full of tears as every glance about is punished by a harsh lashing of the wind...but. They just don't see anything. It's getting dark. They head back.

Hunger Phase: Start of Winter Feast Preparations

As the others look up to see The Hunter returning, they overturn their basket. Only snow falls out. Nothing.

The Nomad is getting very hungry.
The Hunter is practically starving.
The Elder is practically starving.

Hunger Phase has begun! It will go until ~3:00PM Pacific Wednesday
(mod extension by 48 hours if some players have not eaten yet)

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conversions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Secondary Actions (click to show/hide)

Stash List: Copy/Paste to Update:
/// Elder: Ceremonial Mask
/// Hunter: Woven Basket
// Nomad: Tattered Spear, Fur Coat, Drying Slab, Mallet
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 2 Spoiled Meat, Mortar & Pestle, Spear, Human Corpse, 2 Grazer Carcass Scraps,
 Cold Storage: 3 Spoiled Meat, Spoiled Rodent Carcass
Sacrifice:

Eat or Go Hungry!

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2020, 10:07:06 am »

"You all should eat. Tomorrow, we shall hunt, and hopefully the weather shall permit a good haul."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2020, 10:34:04 am »

Eat the dried meat and put 2 spoiled meat out for sacrifice and ask the following question to the gods: "Is there a point in trying to gather food in the winter?"
"Nomad my I have the mallet? I have an idea for tomorrow."

// Elder: Ceremonial Mask
/// Hunter: Woven Basket
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 0 Dried Meat, Mortar & Pestle, Spear, Human Corpse, 2 Grazer Carcass Scraps,
 Cold Storage: 3 Spoiled Meat, Spoiled Rodent Carcass
Sacrifice: 2 Spoiled Meat
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2020, 03:16:09 am »

Eat 3 spoiled meat. put basket in common.
"I have a bad feeling about this meat and will probably not be able to gather tomorrow. Go in my stead."

Hunter: nothing
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 0 Dried Meat, Mortar & Pestle, Spear, Human Corpse, 2 Grazer Carcass Scraps, Woven Basket
 Cold Storage: No Spoiled Meat, Spoiled Rodent Carcass
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2020, 10:21:50 am »

"Ah, yes, of course. That's more proper..."

Hunter: nothing
// Nomad: Tattered Spear, Fur Coat
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 0 Dried Meat, Mortar & Pestle, Spear, Human Corpse, 2 Grazer Carcass Scraps, Woven Basket, Drying Slab, Mallet
 Cold Storage: No Spoiled Meat, Spoiled Rodent Carcass
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2020, 06:22:36 pm »

Hunger Phase has ended. The next phase will be posted a little later today.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2020, 06:47:56 pm »

KitRougard it was my belief you were choosing not to eat, but if that not the case, just do so in the next couple hours. Food spoils and spoiled food rots away next phase...

(others may act aswell)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2020, 07:13:39 pm »

(Correct, I recognize that Very Hungry is an acceptable place to be, because I'm not catching any malus yet.)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2020, 07:30:43 pm »

(Correct, I recognize that Very Hungry is an acceptable place to be, because I'm not catching any malus yet.)

You became very hungry after the days actions resolved.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2020, 07:59:23 pm »

(Good job, me, for some reason I thought that both / and // were "No malus". Ah, well, I deserve a -1 for forgetting that I can at least keep myself fed by pulling suspiciously fresh meat from my hammer space back pocket)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 08:22:52 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2020, 08:13:07 pm »

Eh, I feel kinda funny about how this phase is ending. So feel free to take advantage of these clarifiers for the next two days.

Hunger Phase has been extended! It will go until ~3:00PM Pacific Friday

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2020, 08:35:50 pm »

Winters hard enough already, so don't beat yourself up about it. I was pretty much expecting to extend anyway.

After the between season intermission I'd like to ramp up the end slowly. I'll allow you to vote to shorten if you want to, or you can wait the full time.

I'll set it to 2 votes to shorten, since it seemed like things were nearly wrapped up.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:42:46 am by roseheart »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24