• View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Tribe
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2020, 06:00:54 pm »

Quote from: Stash
// Elder: Ceremonial Mask
Hunter: nothing
// Nomad: Tattered Spear, Fur Coat
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, Mortar & Pestle, Spear, Human Corpse, 2 Grazer Carcass Scraps, Woven Basket, Drying Slab, Mallet
 Cold Storage: Spoiled Rodent Carcass
Sacrifice: 2 Spoiled Meat

Hunger Phase has ended. The next phase will be posted a little later today.
^

However I will be busy. So I'll send out a PM when I get a chance post to the update.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 01:20:25 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2020, 04:16:52 am »

10 Turns Survived
5 Turns Until End of Winter
Start of Winter

Start of Winter: Feast

The Elder ate some dried meat, they are very hungry. (-1 to Action Roll)
The Nomad did not eat, they are very hungry. (-1 to Action Roll)
The Hunter ate a lot of spoiled meat, they are full.

Start of Winter Ceremony

The Elder notices a break in the blizzard, and quickly gathers the others for a ceremony. After each picks up a torch they trek through the snow and the crunch from their footsteps delivers them to the sacred rock formation.

The Elder steps forward and offers a couple pieces of spoiled meat, also trusting the sacrifice of a couple pieces of spoiled human meat from before will be remembered.

The three form a circle and hold their torches together.

The Elder leads the others in a chant, speaking respectfully and reverently to the ancestors. Heroes of the past are recited, as are the historical events they experienced, and terrific beasts they encountered. Then The Elder holds the mask infront of them, so the fire glows through the eyes and frowning mouth, and asks The Ancestors a question:

"Is there a point in trying to gather food in the winter?"

The Elder puts on the mask and becomes silent for a short period, then begins to speak and move in an entirely different cadence. The words that pour from behind the mask are those of love and guidance.

"We are saddened by the loss of The Crafter, they bless your journey from beyond."

"The Teeth do not smile in wait for you anymore. Your fight is only with the elements and yourselves."

The Ancestors seem pleased. When The Elder is once again themselves, The Tribe heads back home.

The sacrificed food is left by the sacred rock formation for animals to consume.

The Tribe sleeps.

Early Winter: Action Phase

Quote from: Roll: Blessed Weather
[6] [2]
Quote from: Roll: Beasts
[3] [4]
Quote from: Roll: Spoiled Food (x3)
[6] [1] [1]
Quote from: Roll: Dubious Cold Storage
[4]

The Hunter is feeling very sick. (-1 to Action Roll, Restricted Movement)
The human corpse has spoiled.
The rodent corpse in cold storage seems to have held up just fine.

Instead of the rasping of the wind at the cave mouth, the sound of wailing and shrieks from The Cliffs awakens The Tribe.

They Eye of Wrath is determined to be seen, even if faintly through the cloud cover.

The Hunter gets a wiff of some of the dried fruits and is repulsed by the smell, though upon inspection the others find nothing wrong with them.

The Elder reflects upon how tough most foods are to eat, they don't need to eat much these days but it's harder to nibble off enough soft parts. They could really fill up on a bowl of tasty Stew or Soup...

Updates:

Fallen Blessing/Curse: When you die, you can bless or curse The Tribe, this will activate once the next time a [3] is rolled. (I may interpret your remarks/roleplaying upon dying if you do not specify)

Ancestor Blessing/Curse: If the Ancestors are pleased with the sacrifice, a relevant blessing of some kind may be bestowed. Do not neglect them, insult them, or be too stingy...

Spoiled Food Sickness: Spoiled food has a 2/3 chance to cause sickness. Sickness (marked by "!" marks) works similar to hunger, with the same penalty to rolls. Sickness dissipates by a single ! each turn, or per Healing Leaf eaten. You cannot leave the home territory without a walking stick or spear while sick.

The Hunter: Carnivore: (Malus) If Fruits or Plants are eaten, there is a 1/3 chance per item to throw up and increase hunger by one stage.

The Elder: Small Stomach: (Bonus) Stew and Soup removes all hunger.

Soup Recipe: Soup is prepared like Stew, but is easier to make, only requiring 2 food ingredients instead of 4. 1 ingredient can be spoiled without causing sickness, but an Action Roll this turn will take the lesser of 2 rolls if this done.

Action Phase has begun! It will go until ~3:00PM Pacific Tuesday

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Secondary Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conversions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stash (click to show/hide)

Choose Your Action.

Edit: Added rodent carcass conversion to list.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 04:30:55 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2020, 11:13:39 am »

"This is a statement of truth, here. I believe we do have the resources to survive this winter, if... closely. Hunter, would you render the carcass and corpse we have?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2020, 12:37:36 pm »

So can I go hunt? Or does the sickness prevent that?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2020, 09:02:23 pm »

So can I go hunt? Or does the sickness prevent that?

You can do so only in the home territory unless you bring a walking stick or spear.
Awesome With Autism

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 01, 2020, 03:47:44 am »

Convert the rodent and human corpses into meat.
Take spear from communal. Hunt big game at The Cliffs.

Request a blessing.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #276 on: December 01, 2020, 04:15:18 am »

(Please update the stash list any time you want to change it. I've reminded a few times but now I can't be lenient so don't be surprised when it doesn't show up in the next update.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 04:18:57 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 01, 2020, 06:23:11 am »

How much meat is in a rodent? 2?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #278 on: December 01, 2020, 08:49:04 am »

(Just one.)
Awesome With Autism

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2020, 10:06:26 am »

Stash List: Copy/Paste to Update:
// Elder: Ceremonial Mask
!! Hunter: Spear
// Nomad: Tattered Spear, Fur Coat, Drying Slab, 1 Meat
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, Mortar & Pestle, 6 Spoiled Human Meats, 2 Grazer Carcass Scraps, Woven Basket, Mallet
 Cold Storage: 1 Spoiled Meat

Dry *all* the meats! Including the one in cold storage, that one gets moved to Communal afterwards.

Also, pull one Meat out of Nomad Hammerspace. Dry that one too.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2020, 10:27:03 am »

Advice the hunter and craft a fur coat.

// Elder: Ceremonial Mask, Mallet, Fur Coat
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, Mortar & Pestle, 6 Spoiled Human Meats, 0 Grazer Carcass Scraps, Woven Basket

IF the fur coat uses 1 grazer carcass scrap then put one back(unless I can craft multiply of the same item).
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2020, 11:26:04 am »

Fur coat is more involved than converting a carcass into meat cuts or removing scrap components, and uses an action.

Edit: I see, as long as you understand it isn't finished until after next update the way you did it works.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 11:37:54 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2020, 04:11:59 pm »

Fur coat is more involved than converting a carcass into meat cuts or removing scrap components, and uses an action.

Edit: I see, as long as you understand it isn't finished until after next update the way you did it works.
Sure whatever, just trying to do something productive.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2020, 06:11:48 pm »

Actions are now locked in, and the next update will be posted within 24 hours.

The Hunter: Convert the rodent and human corpses into meat. Hunt big game at The Cliffs.
The Nomad: Dry *all* the meats! Including the one in cold storage, that one gets moved to Communal afterwards. Also, pull one Meat out of Nomad Hammerspace. Dry that one too.
The Elder: Advice the hunter and craft a fur coat.

// Elder: Ceremonial Mask, Mallet, Fur Coat
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, Mortar & Pestle, 6 Spoiled Human Meats, 0 Grazer Carcass Scraps, Woven Basket

Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #284 on: December 02, 2020, 05:55:36 pm »

11 Turns Survived
4 Turns Until End of Winter

~~~•~~~ Early Winter ~~~•~~~

As the clouds begin to part just enough for it, The Nomad sets to drying the meats. Meanwhile The Hunter takes off towards The Cliffs spear in hand after meeting with The Elder.

The Hunter struggles with an upset stomach, as they lean heavily on their spear and pull themselves forward until the reach the top of the cliffs. It is chilly but not enough to be a problem.

They spot the flyer flock roosting in the trees below, but they also see the grazer heard hidden among the trees. They approach the edge and aim the spear...

Quote from: Roll: Informed Nauseated Expert Cliff Migratory Big Game Hunting
[6] [1] -2 +1 +1 +Cliff Danger +Cliff Bounty = 6; Success

A grazer buck is struck down. It is quite large, and will be chore to drag back...

The Elder takes a couple piles of grazer scraps and sets out to make a less time consuming version of a Fur Coat...

Quote from: Roll: Malnourished Local Trivial Crafting Revision
[1] + [6] +2 -2 +Home Safety +Home Scarcity = 7; Trivial Failure

Setting out to make a faster-to-make design The Elder ends up spending the whole day on the first one. It's still just as good, and there are still supplies to make another some other day.

Early Winter: Hunger Phase

The Nomad gathers up all the dried meats as The Hunter returns with a massive buck.

The Hunter is getting hungry. Their stomach ache is getting better.
The Nomad is practically starving.
The Elder is practically starving.

Updates:

Big Modifier: A Carcass that is 'Big' grants 1 additional meat when converted to meat or scraps.

Reminder: Poison: Human Meat, even dried has a 1/3 chance to be fatal to eat.

Soup and Stew Cooking: Can be done as a conversion as many times as can be afforded, including during the Hunger Phase.

Hunger Phase has begun! It will go until ~3:00PM Pacific Friday

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Secondary Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conversions (click to show/hide)

Eat or Go Hungry.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:56:11 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24