Author Topic: Tribe  (Read 19279 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Tribe
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2020, 04:24:00 am »

Alright I've got the actions locked in and will begin working on the update.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2020, 07:12:14 am »

Alright I've got the actions locked in and will begin working on the update.

So!  Uhmmm...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2020, 07:22:27 am »

So!  Uhmmm...

Yep. Doing the magical dance of procrastination, anxiety, and freezing up. Don't need help in that department.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2020, 07:32:30 am »

Can an Elder advise on the same turn he sacrifices?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2020, 08:00:31 am »

"We are saddened by the loss of the sister tribe. They are now among us. They wish to tell you: Hunt by the lake."

2 Turns Survived
13 Turns Until End of Winter
It is Mid SpringEnd of

As The Hunter and Cook discuss how the meat should be used, The Elder informs The Tribe that a ceremony to mourn the fallen sister tribe has been prepared. The six gather in a circle around the sacred stone and The Elder steps forward in the ancestral mask with the offering of two fresh fruit. The Elder meditates for a moment, then leads the others in a chant. Heroes of the past are recited, as are the historical events they experienced, and terrific beasts they encountered. The Elder becomes silent once again, then begins to speak and move in an entirely different cadence. The words that pour from behind the mask are those of love and guidance. When The Elder is once again themselves, a tear streaks down their cheek. That was a voice that hasn't been heard since the last elder, but has been told to have been delivered by all of them. After it is over it is quite late, and everyone goes to bed without eating.

The Eye of Wrath grows a little stronger each day. Now in the forest while hunting big game, The Hunter works their way to The Lake. [4] [5] The trail The Elder recommended has lead to a large grazer heard. It is simple enough to corner a stray, and smash its' head with a rock. The Adept accompanies The Gatherer, the youngling often needing help navigating the natural obstacles. [3]-1 (H) Between them they manage to each find one fruit apiece. Scouting The Riverbank, the Crafter discerns there are some stones that show potential. After collecting a pile, The Crafter smashes rocks together. (T) (H) (H) Grug obtains 2 suitable rock shards. As The Hunter begins to drag their kill back, they notice a flock of large flyers has landed at The Lake. There are so many. The feather white has transformed the water. Small game hunting will be quite good.

Event! Small game hunting will give double meat.

The Hunter can now invite others to come when small game hunting. Each additional person reduced The Hunter's roll by 1. They each have a 1/2 chance of obtaining 1 meat.

The Adapt gained 1 experience point in gathering.

The Gatherer gained 1 experience point in tutoring.

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Eat or Go Hungry. Uneated food from last night has spoiled. You can chance eating it in a pinch, it will be entirely rotten next time. Spoiled food creates poisoned food when cooked.

Hunger Meter:
     Full
/    Hungry
//   Very Hungry: -1 to rolls
///  Starving: -2 to rolls
//// Dying: -2 to rolls, too weak to leave cave.
//// Deceased

// Gatherer: 1 Fruit
// Cook: 1 Dried Fruit
// Elder: Ceremonial Mask
// Hunter: 6 Meat, 6 Spoiled Meat
// Adept: 1 Fruit
// Crafter: 2 Rock Shards
Communal:

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2020, 09:17:08 am »

...Roseheart, we all ate meat last turn.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2020, 03:50:21 pm »

...Roseheart, we all ate meat last turn.

Nope. I did not add a stealing mechanic.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 03:55:12 pm by roseheart »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2020, 03:58:59 pm »

you knew we were planing to eat the meat and could have warned us that wasn't going to happen. >:(
transfer all meat (spoiled or not) to the communal pile. eat 1 meat and 1 spoiled meat.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2020, 04:03:22 pm »

"We"?

Can an Elder advise on the same turn he sacrifices?
Either way I feel like all food should be preserved so as to make the most of Glass' action. In fact since hunger isn't obviously detrimental, maybe preserve all[ the food and eat some of it next turn.

hunt big game

As far as I could tell, your last only post within the 48 hour limit, was to disagree with The Cook's plan.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 04:24:02 pm by roseheart »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2020, 04:23:56 pm »

Roseheart, it was made clear that we were all going to eat. Remove the second hunger ticks.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2020, 04:29:43 pm »

You'll just have to be more clear about transferring resources. This not up for debate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2020, 05:19:26 pm »

Starvation is the major theme of this game, and I want to respect that. I'm sorry a1s if you feel you gave consent to take your meat someway and I didn't carry it out. Or were expecting an extending deadline if food was not traded in time. Some hosts may run their game that way, but I do not.

However, please know that we are basically still in the tutorial. That this became a lesson about some fundamental mechanics this early in the game is a good thing. But each season things will get harder, however the only solution will always be found within the game.

And in regards to hunger reducing rolls, if everyone eats tonight this penalty will be removed before actions are resolved.

This turn end at 6AM PST, September 28.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 05:20:59 pm by roseheart »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2020, 05:29:36 pm »

Ok, can we get a head count on who here understood that we were going to be eating?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2020, 06:01:10 pm »

A bit of blame on both sides here.

Ocra and a1s did not say anything that even implied they were going with what Glass suggested. I did, but wasn't bolded and was only implied, since I did not say GLASS' plan. My bad. However, the others DID specifically say they were going with Glass' plan. a1s though, owned the meat.
Wording for the communal mechanic has not been written to be newbie friendly, but it is there. However, roseheart could have warned us that if a1s didn't support the plan that the plan would fall apart, especially as this is a tutorial. Will also say that roseheart could have explained how we did not eat a little more clearly, aswell. Starvation may be the theme, but based off complete lack of understanding the game's basics doesn't actually help playtest the game, I imagine. (Actually, I was confused this turn. I thought that this was an evening turn for food consumption and then wait for the next day to do that turn.)

Ultimately, though, the players missed a beat, and the gm chose not to mention. Nothing to get too uptight over, and we move on at a disadvantage.

Additionally, I really would like an answer to my adept question, as it is a question of wording rather than exploring the limits. Blame my asbergers if you must.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2020, 06:49:16 pm »

Ah I see. Yes, this may have seemed like a majority vote type of game or something. No, you are the owner of your stuff and your actions, and can go against the group.

Bolding actions is appreciated but I had not made it a requirement. Let's go ahead and do that to be clear. (bold red is used to vote to kill, only, like in Mafia)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24