Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Tribe  (Read 19580 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribe
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2020, 06:55:17 pm »

Yep, the Adept works the way you think.

The Hunter has had very good fortune in Hunting. So even if one of those has essentially been taken away, unlike failing they have no injuries, so I'd assess the group is still ahead of the curve in that regard, even for the tutorial.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 06:58:05 pm by roseheart »
blossom

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2020, 07:24:49 pm »

Ok.

a1s, please give each person a meat so that we do not starve again.
We should probably just discard the rotten meat.
I'll dry the fruit that was gathered last turn.

Since everyone has a -1 to their rolls right now, I suggest that a1s goes small game hunting, ACC and Maxin go gathering (ACC with MMM's advice), and 0cra makes a basket.

Please make it very clear what we're doing and who is receiving what.

I will eat 1 meat, and move my dried fruit to the communal pile.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 02:20:45 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2020, 09:04:47 pm »

If we eat the night, there will be no -1 to our rolls next day. Additionally, a1s has already out all meat, spoiled or otherwise, into communal. We can have 1 tick without any drawbacks. I'd suggest Glass you preserve any meat/fruit that is not consumed tonight that is not spoiled. I'll be chancing it tonight with 2 spoiled meat, since I'm the least important.

With the double hunt from small game, it might be an idea to advise our gatherer. 2/3 chance of 4 food from small game hunting plus a 50/50 re-roll for an additional 3 feels safer than 1/3 chance of 6 food re-rolled and just a 50/50 for 3 more. (Honestly, assisting a gatherer is not a good idea from a mathhammer perspective, but as an adept, I either do that, or observe someone else and worsen their odds.)

Eat 2 spoiled meat.
Assist in gathering.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2020, 09:27:45 pm »

Eat 2 Meat.
Transfer all fruit to communal pile.
Listen to and follow advice from the elder (MMM).
Take the adept (MM) with me and continue teaching them.

Also:

I want that basket!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 11:27:44 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2020, 01:46:19 pm »

hunt small game
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2020, 01:56:57 pm »

you knew we were planing to eat the meat and could have warned us that wasn't going to happen. >:(
transfer all meat (spoiled or not) to the communal pile. eat 1 meat and 1 spoiled meat.

hunt small game

Wait.  Are you no longer transferring your meat to the communal pile?  I was counting on there being meat in the pile so I could eat.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2020, 01:59:42 pm »

I can't do that in 2 posts?  :-\
Very well.
transfer all meat (spoiled or not) to the communal pile. eat 1 meat and 1 spoiled meat.
hunt small game
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2020, 10:54:08 pm »

Listen to and follow advice from the elder (MM).
Take the adept (MMM) with me and continue teaching them.
I(MMM) is the elder, MM is the adept.

Eat 2 meat
Give advice to the gatherer(ACC).

Can I suggest that it be default for people to put the stuff they make, get, find, etc in the communal pool, and if they want to keep it personal they mention it in their actions.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2020, 11:32:35 pm »

Fixed.

Oh, wait!  I think I may have forgotten something...

Eat 2 Meat.
Transfer all fruit to communal pile.
Gather fruit.
Listen to and follow advice from the elder (MMM) while doing so.
Also, take the adept (MM) with me and continue teaching them.

Also:

I want that basket!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2020, 07:26:54 am »

I am the first player to have a name that isn't the role.

Make more rock shards. Make a basket to get the gatherer to shut up. If I end up missing any future actions, assume I'll be making rock shards unless I decide to start making something else, as well as eating when available.
it's over

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2020, 07:45:37 am »

I am the first player to have a name that isn't the role.

Make more rock shards. Make a basket to get the gatherer to shut up. If I end up missing any future actions, assume I'll be making rock shards unless I decide to start making something else, as well as eating when available.

Basket = more food.

Also, when you're done with the basket, you might want to consider if there is any way to marry a rock shard and a walking stick...

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2020, 08:34:25 am »

Also, when you're done with the basket, you might want to consider if there is any way to marry a rock shard and a walking stick...
So basically this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl
it's over

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2020, 12:07:23 pm »

So basically this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl

More like pointy stick.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2020, 01:27:49 pm »

Alright, the allotted time has run out, meaning actions are locked it.

Gatherer: *tearing and chewing..* "Gather fruit. Listen to and follow advice from The Elder while doing so. Also, take The Adept with me and continue teaching them."
/ Cook: *tearing and chewing* "I'll dry the fruit that was gathered last turn."
Elder: Ceremonial Mask *tearing and chewing..* "Give advice to The Gatherer."
Hunter: *tearing, chewing and coughing..* "Hunt small game."
Adept: 1 Fruit *tearing, chewing and coughing..* "Assist in gathering."
Crafter: 2 Rock Shards *ripping, tearing, chewing and coughing..* "Make a basket to get The Gatherer to shut up."
Communal: 1 Fruit, 2 Spoiled Meat

In the future if you feel I have made mistake, or have a suggestion, please share it by PM. To post it in the game thread comes across as trying to rally the players to gang up on the host, which I will not tolerate. Discussing the experience in the thread when the game has ended is also fine. Please respect me, my thread, and my game. Please do not assume that because I am strict to my rules, I am being mean spirited. I want everyone to have fun, but at the end of the day that is up to you. If you do decide to leave, please say so, so the game can resume as smoothly as possible.

A quick clarifier. I will not be accepting "programming" for turns. For example "if this happens, then do this" or "next turn, automatically do this." you'll need to choose and state your action each turn. (0cra_tr0per, I will accept your action to "eat when available" this turn only, and by "available" I've assumed food that isn't planned for cooking, but can be spoiled. Please be more specific in the future. And of course starting next turn bold text will be a requirement for when you eat, trade, and act.)

I'll make an effort to make the general rules more transparent by summarizing them within updates, like I have done for individual roles. I'll also aim for the same start time and end time, since that seemed to pan out this time.

Feel free to continue to post and discuss group strategy, roleplay, or contemplate the shiny things in the night sky until the next update.
blossom

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2020, 09:55:13 am »

Join *strange siouds*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24