RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Tribe
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2020, 05:45:59 am »

Crafter researches Fire.(if possible)

Fire is already available. (This is Hunger Phase where I accept trading and eating only. Feel free to discuss actions early if you want.)
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2020, 09:33:29 am »

Start of Summer Feast

// Gatherer: 2 Fruit, Woven Basket
/ Elder: Ceremonial Mask
/ Hunter:
Crafter: 1 Rock Shard, Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle,
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, Human Corpse

The Gatherer ate some spoiled human meat. They were still very hungry. [4] [3] They are feeling quite ill. They won't be able to leave the cave.
The Crafter ate some fresh fruit and is full.
The Elder ate some dried meat, but is still hungry.
The Hunter neglected eating and is hungry.
There was no ceremony.
The Tribe sleeps.
The Tribe is awoken by nearby growls. Some large animal was taken down by a predator.
There is no more sounds for the rest of the night.

Action Phase

After becoming more familiar with the availability of hunting, gathering, and other resources for this year, The Tribe identifies four main territories. Actions may now choose to be done in one of these territories(or will default to the Home one). They are:

Home: Safe but sparse.
Forest: Plentiful but unpredictable.
Cliffs: Untouched but dangerous.
Lake: Fairly consistent.

This year certain animal agents have become prevalent. They can deplete fruits or provide more plentiful hunting opportunities. they are:

Grazer Heard: Grunting and wailing. Big game.
Flyer Flock: Shrieks and Chirps. Small Game.
Unidentified Predator: Growls and Roars. Unknown specifics. Use caution when alone.

[4] [5] As the tribe begins to stir at first light, there are shrieks carrying from over The Cliffs, and The Lake. And Grunting from The Lake.

You have 48 hours.
Choose Your Action.

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2020, 10:05:26 am »

The crafter researches basic medicine, so that sickness can be alleviated.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2020, 03:21:17 pm »

Just posting to confirm that is a valid action. But it would help if a sick person volunteered to be tested on?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2020, 04:52:50 pm »

Gatherer?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2020, 03:26:14 am »

Since we don't have gatherer this turn, I will need to hunt big game. Support me please.
Hunt big game at the Lake
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2020, 11:03:10 pm »

Advise the Hunter.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2020, 09:34:35 am »

Actions are now locked in. The next turn will begin in about a day.

Crafter: researches basic medicine, so that sickness can be alleviated.
Hunter: Hunt big game at the Lake.
Elder: Advise the Hunter.
Gatherer: (sick/no action.)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2020, 09:00:03 am »

Early Summer

6 Turns Survived
9 Turns Until End of Winter

As The Eye of Wrath warms the stone slabs about the cave exterior, The Elder finishes advising The Hunter and watches them disappear into the foliage.
Inside the cave The Gatherer is sick and gives no attention to The Crafters plea for their help. Without a willing test subject, The Crafter waits until a day when they have a bit of a stomach ache, and begin eating a few different plants. [1] [1] (wow) The Crafter becomes very sick, something was poisonous. They throw up then stay at the cave feeling very weak, and will have to restrict their actions to around the cave for now. /mild poison technology discovered/
The Gatherer is feeling better and spots their woven basket. They suspect they could gather double the load using it. They also notice what leaves were eaten by the ill Crafter... /learned how to gather Poison Leaves/
The Hunter gazes upon the grazer heard at The Lake. There is a cacophony of squawking with the flyer flock also there. A good distraction, unless they are alerted.
[1] [5] +1 A buck wonders into the trees to get at the taller grass. The Hunter strikes so fast the buck is dead before it understands the danger. Casting the bloodied boulder aside, The Hunter drags the carcass away turning the half eaten grass a dark red in its' wake. The Hunter thinks that if more joined their chances would be better aswell. /Support Hunting flips 2 coins instead of just 1 during Summer/
Feeling unwell The Crafter still notices along with everyone else when The Hunter returns with a fresh kill. A large horned beast with a thin fur coat. A grazer buck. The Crafter suspects the carcass could have some uses other than just meat.

Hunger Phase

As the Tribe relishes the bounty of Summer, they know that will not last. (Fall/Autumn will only be featured in flavortext! Gameplay-wise after the 5th turn of Summer, the Winter will begin.)
It is too soon to be melancholy about that though, now it is time to feast.

You have 48 hours.
Eat or Go Hungry.

Copy/Paste list to update!
| | |
v v v

/// Gatherer: 2 Spoiled Fruit, Woven Basket
// Elder: Ceremonial Mask
// Hunter: Deer Carcass
// Crafter: 1 Rock Shard, Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat

^ ^ ^
| | |
Copy/Paste list to update!

*Deer Carcass can be converted into 6 meat by The Hunter as a free action. But useful components are negligently damaged and discarded.
*Dear Carcass can be converted into 3 meat by The Crafter as a free action, and can add the item "Dear Carcass Scraps" to their stash.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:05:52 am by roseheart »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2020, 10:07:13 am »

Convert deer carcass into food. Eat 2 meat

Hunter:
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 4 fresh meat

gatherer should really eat this turn.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2020, 11:14:59 am »

Eat 2 meat

Hunter:
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 2 fresh meat

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2020, 11:57:34 pm »

Eat 1 meat

Hunter:
Crafter: 1 Rock Shard, Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 1 fresh meat

You need to remember to take the hunger /s off when you eat, I did it for you again. Also You should probably mention if you are putting stuff in the communal pool(since we have a very unforgiving/strict GM).
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2020, 04:36:52 am »

Let me see...

The first turn began on September 15th and ended on September 20th.

As a result of this turn, the Gatherer gained 3 fruit, and one "/" of hunger.

The 2nd turn began on September 20th and ended on September 26.

During this turn, the Gatherer tried to implement the Cooks plan, however it didn't work out as apparently the GM never told the players that they had to explicitly trade item amongst themselves.  Instead the Gatherer ended up with two "/"s of hunger.  The Gatherer also managed to obtain 1 fruit.

The 3rd turn began on September 26th and ended on October 5th.

During this turn, for some reason, the GM declined to include the "hunger meters" for each character that had been included in previous posts.  However, the Gatherer had just eaten 2 meat so they should have had 0 "/"s of hunger.  Also, during this turn, the Gatherer gathered 3 more fruit.

Starting with the 4th turn, the GM began separating each turn into an "actions" phase and a "hunger" phase.

The "actions" phase of the 4th turn began on October 5th and ended on October 7th.

During this time the Gatherer gathered fruit.  The GM apparently failed to role for the Gatherer's actions, but the gatherer's previously obtained fruit failed to spoil so the result was the same in the end:  3 fruit.

The "hunger" phase of the 4th turn began on October 7th and ended on October 11th.

During this time the Gatherer offered to trade 1 fruit to the Hunter for 1 meat.  However, the Hunter failed to respond so the Gatherer ate 1 fruit, gave 1 fruit to the Elder, and donated the remaining fruit to the communal pile.  Again the GM failed to provide hunger meters, however we know that the Gatherer ate 1 fruit so their hunger meter should have been at 0 "/"s.  During this turn, the GM also rolled for the actions that they failed to roll at the end of the "actions" phase of the 4th turn, resulting in the Gatherer finding no fruit.

The "actions" phase of the 5th turn began on October 11th and ended on October 14th.

During this time the Gatherer took the Adept fruit gathering, after which the Adept mysteriously fell into a coma and was chopped apart by the hunter.  Also, the GM finally remembered to to include the "hunger meters" and inventories.  Unfortunately, the GM failed to roll for the Gatherer's fruit foraging.  When confronted with this fact, the GM provided information from the results of the "actions" phase of the 4th turn (which the GM didn't roll for until the end of the "hunger" phase of the 4th turn.  When confronted with this fact, the GM got uppity, refused to discuss the matter any further, and ended the "hunger" phase of the 5th turn without allowing the Gatherer to make an action.  Also, unfortunately, the GM failed to take the 1 fruit eaten by the Gatherer during the "hunger" phase of the 4th turn into account and the Gatherer ended up with 1 "/" of hunger even though they should have had none.

The "hunger" phase of the 5th turn began on October 14th and ended on October 15th (even though the GM had previously said that we would have at least 48 hours per phase).

As a result of this phase, the Gatherer ended up with 2 "/"s of hunger even though they they should only have had 1 (and even that because the GM had unfairly ended the phase early without allowing the Gatherer to act (see above).

Starting with the 6th turn, the GM switched things around and have the "hunger" before the "actions" phase instead of the other way around (as it had previously been).  In addition, the GM also decided to have 2 hunger phases.

The first "hunger" phase of the 6th turn began on October 15th and ended on October 23rd.
During this phase the Gatherer ate 1 human meat, and mysteriously gained 3 pieces of fruit during a foraging expedition that never took place.  This time the hunger meter also shot up to 3 "/"s (even though it should have been at most 2).

The second "hunger" phase of the 6th turn began on Oct 23rd and ended on Oct 25th.

By this time, I had figured out that the GM obviously had it out for my character (due to my previously having pointed out that the GM had failed to make needed rolls) and I decided that the best course of action would be to kill off my character.

So I had the gatherer eat 1 spoiled human meat (hoping that the fact that it was both human and spoiled would do the Gatherer in).

The "actions" of the 6th turn began on Oct 25th and ended on Oct 28th.

This time the Gatherer was too sick to leave the cave.  Also, as I was trying to kill off my character, I wisely had the Gatherer remain silent when the Crafter asked to use them as a guinea pig (although, considering what happened to the Crafter when they used themselves as one, I probably should have had the Gatherer accept the Crafter's "help").

The (possibly first) "hunger" phase of the 7th turn began on Oct 28th.

As You may have guessed by now, I will not be continuing. Nor will I be joining any other of your games, after what happened with this one.

[/rant]
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2020, 05:39:26 am »

As much as I do not like my threads derailed, and even though I prefer feedback by PM or after the game is over, I'd much prefer a 913 word rant, than a player ghosting a game they signed up for. Sorry the game was not up to your standards. The good news is it is blue skies from here on out, you're free.

Thank you for letting me know.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2020, 09:00:02 am »

Early Summer Feast

Hunter:
Crafter: 1 Rock Shard, Drying Slab, Mortar & Pestle
Communal: 1 Rock Shard, 2 Dried Fruit, 1 Dried Meat, 1 fresh meat

The Hunter ate a couple helpings of fresh meat and they are full.
The Crafter ate a couple helpings of fresh meat and they are full.
The Elder ate some fresh meat, but they are still hungry.
The Gatherer neglected eating and is starving.
There was no ceremony.
The Tribe sleeps.
The Gatherer is suddenly heard shouting at The Eye of Fear, after whooping and hollering they stumble off the cliff and die.

[2] [2] At first light squawking and wailing echoes from The Forest.

The Elder examines the body. The fruit picker was in good health compared to some of the unwell fallen of the past. /This corpse will not give poisoned meat and can be cooked safely./ The Crafter determines the woven basket would still be useful even in the hands of an unskilled gatherer, much like the cooking tools. /Cooking and Gathering are now general skills that can be performed with the appropriate tools, by anybody./ However if any of the remaining members were to parish, it would be harder to adapt to their roles. Their loss would effectively mean the end of those abilities.

Cooking, Gathering, Traveling, Summer, and other recent mechanics have been updated in the Roles tab.

You have 48 hours.
Choose Your Action.

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24