Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why Did Devs Decided To Only Allow Humans As Outsiders?  (Read 2145 times)

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why Did Devs Decided To Only Allow Humans As Outsiders?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 04:19:42 pm »

After reading this conversation, I decided to try adventure mode.

I ended up making a group of adventurers containing a few dwarves, a human outsider with gremlin and black mamba pets, and a wolverine man doctor.

I managed to get the group to a fortress I had retired with just one poor survivor of a group of 7 that I had sent to reclaim a fortress lost due do accidentally breaching a vein of valuable blue metal.

Then I retired the group of adventurers, and un-retired the fortress. I now have a fortress with a few dwarves, a human outsider with gremlin and black mamba pets, and a wolverine man doctor. However, I cannot assign any of them to noble or military position.

Hopefully they will have time to help clean the mess, make coffins and engrave slabs, etc. before getting too depressed due to seeing corpses and ghosts or meeting a hidden clown somewhere...

Maybe I should retire, re-send adventurers, retire them, unretire the fortress, etc. until I have enough workforce to rapidly clean the fortress.
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why Did Devs Decided To Only Allow Humans As Outsiders?
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 09:30:09 am »

Hopefully they will have time to help clean the mess, make coffins and engrave slabs, etc. before getting too depressed due to seeing corpses and ghosts or meeting a hidden clown somewhere...

Well, seems difficult: Clowns occasionally show up, and a ghostly dwarf miner kills fortress crew (in fortress mode) or adventurers (in adventure mode) almost instantly.

Ghostly Dwarf Miner batters Use Getakrákfil, Human Recruit!
Use loses hold of the yeti bone earring.
Use loses hold of the +yeti bone earring+.
Use loses hold of the large tin dagger.
Use loses hold of the bronze buckler.
Use loses hold of the lead whip.
Use has been struck down.
Ghostly Dwarf Miner batters Melbil Oddomtagùz, Dwarf Speardwarf!
Melbil loses hold of the giant moose cow hoof [4].
Melbil loses hold of the xbronze left gauntletx.
Melbil loses hold of the x+bronze helm+x.
Melbil loses hold of the steel spear.
Melbil has been struck down.
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.
Pages: 1 [2]