Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Make sleep more efficient?  (Read 890 times)

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Make sleep more efficient?
« on: September 16, 2020, 05:19:03 pm »

Is there any way to make my dwarves sleep less? Or, barring that, make it more efficient, I can't say how many times I've had construction or important things slowed down cause some fucker decided that he needed some sleep RIGHT NOW. I mean, at the start of the fortress, we don't have time for sleep! I don't care how sleep deprived you are Miner, we need that space mined out!
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Make sleep more efficient?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:31:57 pm »

You'll want the modding forum probably.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 09:24:50 pm »

You fortress might be too restrictive in who is allowed to do which job. Of your seven starting dwarves, at least two should be miners. All should be architects. You can also make them all masons and mechanics to speed building projects, and then restrict your workshops so that only high-skill dwarves can make the valuable stuff.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:30:53 pm »

You'll definitely want two of each dwarf that does important stuff in a fully developed fort, but there's no way to mod partial amounts of sleep. It's either regular sleep or no sleep.