Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Succession game idea  (Read 1872 times)

eightball8776

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Succession game idea
« on: September 17, 2020, 10:11:35 am »

I don't know if anyone has had this idea before but I have an idea for a succession game. The idea is that it will take place in a world where history is run to the point where goblins and necromancer took it over. We will start a fort in it and try to rebuild dwarven civilization from the forces of darkness.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession game idea
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 06:27:51 am »

I like it!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 07:12:45 pm »

So all non goblin civs destroyed? Would be tough to get migrants but that could be part or the fun..
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 07:32:22 pm »

Sounds pretty cool, I'd be down to read along if not take a turn. There's a bit to know about dead/dying civs, though.

I uploaded a pack of pocket worlds with dead civs here. A truly dead civ is a pretty unenjoyable affair, if you want to test it out a bit. Two migrant waves then nothing. No caravans. And you can't raid because of a bug that means your troops never return. It's a very isolated experience.

A dying civ is much more enjoyable because it doesn't come with these issues. Migrant waves will slow down, but should never totally dry up (only in the way they normally do in fortress mode.) A civ can be "dying" for millennia without any holdings and without any members, so having a world completely overtaken by necros and goblins then playing as a dying civ is possible.

eightball8776

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 07:31:31 pm »

Using a dying civ world sounds like a better idea than dead civs. I'm thinking of creating a small or smaller sized world for this game. How does this sound for everyone?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 10:58:56 pm »

Using a dying civ world sounds like a better idea than dead civs. I'm thinking of creating a small or smaller sized world for this game. How does this sound for everyone?
I like this, if you ensure about maximum evil biomes and also ghoul infections near to fortress. Whats about add Giant Desert Scorpions?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 04:57:52 am »

This sounds pretty brutal, but I like Forts where every life counts

eightball8776

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 03:08:41 pm »

I like this, if you ensure about maximum evil biomes and also ghoul infections near to fortress. Whats about add Giant Desert Scorpions?

In order to create a world with dying civs, I will probably not be able to maximize evil biomes.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 06:17:12 am »

In order to create a world with dying civs, I will probably not be able to maximize evil biomes.
I mean diversity of evil biomes. So, your goblins shall have both ogres and blizzard men. And you will embark on area with 9 biomes, evil biomes that contain max diversity of possible evil creatures (grimelings, beak dogs, harpies, foul blendecs, ogres et cetera). Savage diversiti will be interesting too, so your kobolds will ambush you with giant desert scorpions and also ere yetis get hungry.