Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: SPAMVICEROY: Viceroy Kidraan Traic of Bena Janetta  (Read 5305 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMVICEROY: Viceroy Kidraan Traic of Bena Janetta
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2020, 02:39:50 am »

What was happiness in the last update?

Bah we threw enough parties for them to like us.

C

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2020, 05:25:46 am »

D We will find the perpetrator and eat him
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2020, 05:56:37 am »

You resolve to find the culprit. You begin, obviously, by making an announcement that you are looking for a spy, but you can't tell anyone why, and if they find them, they should bring them to you and not listen to anything they say.

For some reason, this does not work. If anything, people start looking at you with suspicion. It's times like these that make you wish you had some sort of... espionage-expert to take care of these things, but you've heard that such people are notoriously unreliable.

A week later, you find another letter on your desk, which in the same handwriting says-

Dear sir,
We take your attempt to uncover our identity as an admission of guilt and indication of a refusal to listen to our request. The Emperor will hear about this.
Your sincerely, Concerned Citizens

What now?

A: Just give up. You've clearly been outplayed. [Resign; choose new Viceroy]
B: Redouble your efforts to find the spy.
C: Send an explanation to the Emperor, and hope he doesn't replace you without an investigation.
TURNTURNTURN
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2020, 06:01:51 am »

Can we still make the letter chain public?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2020, 06:06:55 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2020, 01:58:59 pm »

C Let them audit, pretty sure there is nothing to hide.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2020, 05:08:57 pm »

C is the next best thing
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2020, 05:16:21 pm »

C

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2020, 02:03:25 am »

You write a letter to the Emperor explaining the situation and professing your innocence. Hopefully the truth will win out.

Early Summer, Colonial Year 11
It is with some trepidation that you observe the ship pulling up to the dock. The one after it could be carrying your replacement.

No time to worry about that, though, as there is a concerning report from Concordia. Apparently the heretics have erected a (wooden) pillar in honour of their beliefs- you're not well versed in theology, but you take the Bishop's word for it when he says that the four-sided pillar carved with images of the gods is an affront to the true faith. The proper form is four separate, round pillars carved with images of the gods. Theology aside, the Bishop is upset, and an upset Bishop leads to an upset populace.

A: Send word to Concordia, politely asking them to take down the offending pillar.
B: Send soldiers to Concordia to tear down the pillar.
C: Send the Bishop himself to Concordia to educate the heretics on the error of their ways.
D: Ignore the issue. It's just a piece of wood.

You have also been approached by Nova Emperia's eager explorers. The leader explains that he understands the treasury is not in the best of states, and so financing a full expedition is out, but he and his team are willing to do some prospecting totally for free... provided they get partial ownership of any mining locations they find. Also, before you ask, they don't want the compass for this job, since they will be operating in known territory only.

A: We know there's silver in the hills around Nova Emperia. See if you can't find another vein in the area.
B: The presence of iron near Concordia is pretty well established, but it'd be good to narrow down the best place for a mine.
C: Have a gander about the mountains near Lake's End, why don't you.
D: Poke around the Stone-Axe Tribe's territory- you left a lot of stones unturned last time.
E: No thanks. I'd rather not have to share profits.
TURNTURNTURN
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2020, 02:08:16 am »

CB

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2020, 04:10:47 am »

AC. I don't really want to share profits in the things that are already known; finding good locations for those can and should be a one-time cost.

(ETA: I also assume helping the stone axes find metal would be a bad thing from the perspective of the Warhammer Dwarves.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 07:00:38 am by Maximum Spin »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2020, 04:40:31 am »

CC

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2020, 11:03:45 pm »

A

C

I would rather not have a dead bishop when he inevitably insults the heretics.  Lets insult them ourselves by accident then we can send him in later.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2020, 11:05:45 pm »

I would rather not have a dead bishop when he inevitably insults the heretics.  Lets insult them ourselves by accident then we can send him in later.
Apparently we're siding with the heretics now. I learned from Spamkingdom that you just have to accept these things sometimes.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2020, 01:41:28 am »

AC - Let's not be mean to the Bishop yet, he did save our wife's friend
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10