Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does the youngest descendant always inherits the dwarven throne?  (Read 693 times)

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does the youngest descendant always inherits the dwarven throne?
« on: September 17, 2020, 02:46:54 pm »

I did some research on royal inheritence in the dwarven culture, and I discovered something what might be actually true. It seems that more than often, one of the youngest descendants becomes king of queen after the monarch dies. This is not always the case, but many times it is.
When its not, i tried to find out what might invalidate this child of inheriting the throne. Sometimes it is because they are to young, or that they are part of another civilisation. But sometimes, I can not see, what causes the dwarves to pick an older child as heir.

Has anyone an idea? it doesnt seem random to me. Does anyone know if Toady said anything about inheritance?

I can see that there might me a technical reason to choose younger kings: it keeps them longer on the throne, so it might somehow be good for performance.
Let me know what you think! do some research yourself, I'am very curious what you might find out!

By the way, I had an instance in which a coup was done by one of the descendant of the first Queen Solon. To be honest, I think he had some legitimacy to back his claim :-) I didnt even traced all this lineage back, but here's what I did found out:
Solon, Melbin, Zan, Shorast, Morul, Limul, Ustuth
Solon, Erib, Geshud, Stakud, Shorast, Morul, Limul, Ustuth
Solon, Erib, Onol, Zefon, Shorast, Zon, Atis, Rovoth, Kib, Degel, Limul, Ustuth
Solon, Atis, Muthkat, Lorbam, Ezum, Catten, Kib, Degel, Limul, Ustuth
Solon, Ustuth, Kosoth, Urdum, Mebzuth, Olon, Atis, Rovoth, Kib, Degel, Limul, Ustuth
Solon, Ustuth, Kosoth, Urdim, Mebzuth, Ezum, Lokum, Limul, Degel, Limul, Ustuth
Solon, Ustuth, Udib, Tekkud, Likot, Catten, Degel, Limul, Degel, Limul, Ustuth
Solon, Ustuth, Rith, Eshtan, Kadol, Rovod, Deduk, Ustuth
Solon, Ustuth, Rith, Eshtan, Degel, Catten, Kib, Degel, Limul, Ustuth
Solon, Erush, Reg, Lolor, Dumath, Olin, Rovod, Deduk. Meng, Obok, Zuglar, Ustuth