Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can Elfs Become Necromancers?  (Read 535 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Can Elfs Become Necromancers?
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:44:58 pm »

Someone told me they won't but the wiki states they can. I wish I could control an elf without basic needs like food or sleep.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Can Elfs Become Necromancers?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 02:04:33 pm »

They won't in worldgen, but you can make an adventurer you control read the secrets, and they'll read books containing the secrets in fort mode.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 02:57:23 pm »

They won't in worldgen, but you can make an adventurer you control read the secrets, and they'll read books containing the secrets in fort mode.

Cool.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 05:34:32 pm »

Without player intervention, necromancers only become necromancers because they become obsessed with immortality. Elves are already immortal, so never do.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 01:13:55 am »

To summarize what others have said: Elves and goblins don't have a chance to get the urge to become necromancers as they're already immortal. However, that doesn't make it impossible for them to become necros, they just don't have much incentive, and I don't think power over others is counted as an incentive currently.