Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any alternative ways of getting a necromantic slab? (ANSWERED)  (Read 1889 times)

SomeGuy3

• Bay Watcher
  • Licking dwarf meat is the way to escape starvation
    • View Profile
Any alternative ways of getting a necromantic slab? (ANSWERED)
« on: September 21, 2020, 10:36:40 am »

I read that to get a necromantic slab you need to go to a necromancer tower, however, in the part of the world where my adventurer currently is, there's no necromancer towers, so, before i go to the other side of the world for a tower i'll visit just once, i want to know if there's other methods of getting a slab other than in a tower, buying it? finding it in some storage area in a hamlet?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:44:41 pm by SomeGuy3 »
What's the deal with keas? They're cute little birds in real life, but in the game they're just dumb Ks that aren't useful at all!

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Any alternative ways of getting a necromantic slab?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:08:26 pm »

Tower's your best bet. You can only learn the secret from slabs or books with the secret written on them: most of the time these will be found in necro towers, where the necromancers stored them. Sometimes, extremely rarely, a necromancer will happen to leave a slab lying around in a more accessible place, like a local tavern; or a megabeast or giant will steal one, or a kobold. But that's pretty rare. You're better off making the long journey.

Unless you're in the mood for some Legends diving - check the histories of the world's necromancy slabs/books and see where they've ended up. You might find something more close by.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Any alternative ways of getting a necromantic slab? (ANSWERED)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:08:15 pm »

I've found in my large-world/short-history gens, there's more often than not at least one slab forgotten in some mead-hall or fortress treasurehouse. Is worth checking.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any alternative ways of getting a necromantic slab? (ANSWERED)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 03:22:53 am »

Retire, unretire but add a new member of the party who lives up near the tower. Your adventurer will go join him.