Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Multiverse Mecha Mayhem - Preparatory Destructions [MISSION 1] (IC Thread)  (Read 2697 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Mecha Mayhem - Preparatory Destructions [MISSION 1] (IC Thread)
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 01:39:03 pm »

"Let's see how these pig-dogs like the fire of the revolution"
Fire White Phosphorus at the area with dwarf carnations 9 and 10. (8 SP)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:42:09 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 09:38:12 am »

Player Phase

Indiscriminate Snugglehug Salvo (-5 SP) on Blue 4,5,6

10d12 [1 2 3 4 4 5 7 7 9 9] + 1 vs 0 TN = 6 DS.
12 damage! Recovers 9 (3 + 3x2) SP.

Double Attack: Indiscriminate Snugglehug Salvo (-10 SP) on Yellow 1,2

10d12 [2 2 2 2 2 2 2 (???) 5 8 9] + 1 vs 1 TN + 1 = 2 DS.
4 damage! Recovers 7 (1 + 2x3) SP.

Whether the drones were capable of loving is debatable given their AI. Justice Kiss renders the question moot for three of them as she obliterates the machines with a single salvo from her mech. The barrage then walks over to the nearby pylon, causing thousands of credits of damage as the Vanilla Orchid Drone are snuggled close to destruction. Somehow they manage to weather that barrage but are no doubt vulnerable to being finished off.

"No, I'm not a pilot.  But I told you, if you got someone without a robot, it must mean you have an extra robot.  You just have to think it through."

"And that one has a big number 3 on it.  That's my number, so that must be for me.

Now, where's the steering wheel?"

"Oh... Stay safe."

Move northeast to the area with blue 9 and 10
Trudge North, onto the difficult terrain with blue 1,2 and 3.

Aurora Aybek Shipyards has plenty of high tech machinery placed about to service the vessels in its yards but to this mysterious new mech it's just getting in its way. Luckily it seems equipped to be able to deal with such obstructions and the Dwarf Carnation Drones taking cover beep and boop in alarm as James rushes at them.

"Try not to get too far away from me," Ziva broadcasts on all channels, hoping that James can receive it. "It won't be long before I'm ready for the jump and we can't leave you behind! Viktoryia is not a gracious host. At least not after she's been foiled."

"You haven't escaped yet. Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

Ln'Eta moves into the hanger with an unnatural calm grace for the speed at which her tentacles carry her. Her arms spread as she passes through the door, and

meltingtwistingbubblingblending

She and Wretched deep were one.

Berhane scatters as Ln'Eta melds with her mech, as it gives the security officer images which she would rather not think about. Besides, staying in the hangar while the ship is being shot at is not a wise decision.

Wretched Deep shows Vanilla Orchid 2 what lies Beyond the Gate.

Despite the drone's high sentience is it not capable of truly understanding what lies Beyond the Gate. Thankfully what does lie beyond doesn't need to be understood to twist and contort and mutate the hapless machine. Its slick exterior begins to wiggle and convulse and its ports begin to weep unknown fluids as it metamorphoses into something that is not meant to be.

Vanilla Orchid Drone Yellow 2 is (sorta) destroyed!

Fire White Phosphorus at the area with dwarf carnations 9 and 10. (8 SP)

5d12 + 2d12 [2 36 8 9 10 11] + 1 vs 0 TN = 4 DS.
8 damage!

Even if Marusya is not equipped for indiscriminate snuggling like Ruinous Confession is, its White Phosphorus launchers are still devastating. While the Dwarf Carnation Drones are flame resistant they cannot hope to stand against that burning barrage as it splatters against their hulls. Their hover jets quickly break down and they crash against the ground in two piles of burning rubble.

Enemy Phase

Quote from: Vanilla Orchid Drone Yellow 2
Orchid Bomb Dwarf Carnation Drones Blue 7 and 8.

3 + 1 vs 1 TN = 2 DS.
4 damage!

The mutating Vanilla Orchid Drone turns its bombs upon the drones camping out on the docks. They flicker with a sickly purple light as they blast in the air, showering the hopeless machines with plasma that causes them to spin uncontrollably until they crash upon the ground. Metal should not writhe so much as it burns but the drones are obviously out of commission. The same is true of the Vanilla Orchid Drone as it continues to convulse and change, loosing coherence until it too drops to the ground in an unidentifiable pile of sludge.

Quote from: Easter Tulip Drone Green 1
Shoot Ruinous Confession with the Tulip Rifle.

1d6 [5] + Negated vs 5 + 1 = -5 DS.
10 damage!

Ruinous Confession is able to bring the pain but it cannot endure it. One of the Easter Tulip Drones hovering at a distance turns itself towards the violently pink war machine and fires one precise shot. The shot rips through Ruinous Confession's meagre armour and knocks it off balance for a moment.

Quote from: Easter Tulip Drone Green 2
Shoot Marusya with the Tulip Rifle.

5d8 [3 7 7 7 8] + Negated + 2 vs 5 + 1 = 0 DS.
No damage!

The second Easter Tulip Drone turns its rifle towards Marusya. While it might not have obliterated as many drones as Ruinous Confession it was still obviously a threat and one worthy of destruction. However it is not as thinly armoured as the violently pink war machine and despite the rifle's shot easily piercing through Ziva's shields the low profile of Marusya makes it difficult to land a solid shot. Several rounds bounce off of its hull before the drone gives up its futile pursuit.

Quote from: Vanilla Orchid Drone Yellow 1
Finish off Ruinous Confession.

The remaining Vanilla Orchid Drone might be heavily damaged but it is not destroyed just yet. Its laser pointer is still working and it has the perfect angle to light up Ruinous Confession with it. Fluorescent Rose's guns angle up slightly and rake the deck of Ziva's Revenge where the pink warmachine is standing. As strong as the ship's shields are it cannot withstand a direct barrage and Ruinous Confession's armour is far, far thinner. A direct hit passes right through the main battery, causing considerable damage. It is a small miracle that the machine is still standing afterwards. That is not the only shot that rakes the deck of Ziva's Revenge however and bits of shrapnel shower over Wretched Deep and Marusya as well. Even if it does no damage it makes it difficult to operate with bits of glowing-red metal burst around you.

Ruinous Confession suffers from a Broken Battery!

Quote from: Dwarf Carnation Drones
Scatter and Guard!

Given the intense barrages being tossed about, the few remaining Dwarf Carnation Drones scatter. The machinery they were hiding among makes it difficult for them to move but it is still enough to prevent them from being blasted apart with a single strike. At the same time they post themselves at chokepoints, ready to make movement difficult for anyone trying to get past them.

Quote from: Fluorescent Rose
Discharge Reinforcements.

Viktoryia is a more hands-on fighter than Hakim and so the Fluorescent Rose disgorges another wave of drones, this time backed up by the space pirate herself. The Crimson Snapdragon's fiery red paint scheme and glowing neon lights is unmistakable and almost obscures the fact that Ihar Zima also joins the battle in his more subdued Sunset Lilac.

"Damn it. So many drones destroyed already? You'll pay for them too, Hakim!"

"How much does junk and electricity cost? Are you scrambling for pennies now, Viktoryia?"

"Grrr..."

"Focus, ma'am. He's just trying to rile you up so you make mistakes."

"I don't need you to tell me that! I'll bash his friends to pieces and then tear Ziva up myself! You won't escape me, Hakim!"

"Rightly so, ma'am. I will be behind you every step of the way!"

Current Status

Quote from: Start of Turn Effects
Activate!

Everyone aboard the Ziva's Revenge recovers 3 HP and SP.

Ruinous Confession recovers 2 SP.

James Carson's mech recovers 7 HP and 2 SP.

Marusya recovers 2 SP.

Enemy Stats
Spoiler: Legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Units (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 09:43:39 am by USEC_OFFICER »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 03:15:38 pm »

Move NW to the space adjacent to the Flourescent Rose, and put the Crimson Snapdragon in check.

And try not to draw fire at this point?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:48:19 pm by Devastator »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 04:55:31 pm »

Ln'Eta

"I do hope none of the rest of you had plans for exiting the ship at the moment."

Reality, for just a moment, seems stretched thin. And then the bubble bursts, and what could generously be called water comes flooding in. One can see the faint silhouettes of things floating in the distance, ranging in scale from threatening to incomprehensible. Creatures drift through what used to be air, too small to truly bother the machines fighting, but present all the same.

Wretched Deep submerges the space around the Ziva's Revenge.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2020, 09:03:40 am »

move to blue 1 and kick it (basic melee)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2020, 10:26:15 pm »

"True love is resilient!" Justice Kiss insists through gritted teeth and some very cheerful alarms.

Distant Kiss on Easter Tulip Drone 3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 08:26:09 pm »

Player Phase

Move NW to the space adjacent to the Flourescent Rose, and put the Crimson Snapdragon in check.

And try not to draw fire at this point?

"Don't come forward unless you want to get smashed."

Wretched Deep submerges the space around the Ziva's Revenge.

"Gah! Give me more warning when you're about to do something like that!" Ziva exclaims as Ln'Eta floods the ship and the surrounding area with not-quite water. The surrounding drones are buffeted by the waves and bubbles trickle out of the ship as it adjusts to this new influx of liquid.

move to blue 1 and kick it (basic melee)

5d12 [4 4 7 7 11] - 1 vs 0 TN = 2 DS.
4 damage!

You would think that a floating drone would be invulnerable to ground-based mechs but Marusya proves that wrong as it jumps from the Ziva's Revenge and rushes down one of the Dwarf Carnation Drones. It barely has time to beep in confusion before the heavy feet of the walking tank smashes through its armour and slams it against the ground. Even if it's not blown to pieces or turned into a flaming wreck, the sparking chassis is obviously out of commission.

Distant Kiss on Easter Tulip Drone 3

10d12 [4 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 10 11] + 1 - 1 vs 1 TN + 3 + 1 = 4 DS.
8 damage! Recovers 5 (2 + 3) SP!

Ruinous Confession demonstrates that its gun is bigger as it targets the newly deployed Easter Tulip Drone with its railcannon. The Distanct Kiss smooches the drone's insides with its heart-shaped slug, spraying debris all over the Sunset Lilac and narrowing missing the mech by a few meters.

"Tch. Do you think that I would be intimidated by a big gun? A butler always keeps his cool."

Enemy Phase

Activate!

Vanilla Orchid Drone Yellow 1 recovers 1 SP!

Easter Tulip Drone 3 recovers 3 HP!

Actuators and arms extend from the Fluorescent Rose, swapping out damaged parts from the nearby Easter Tulip Drone and patching up its armour. While it is no longer in pristine condition it is not longer sparking as it floats higher in the sky for a better shot.

Quote from: All Easter Tulip Drones
Shoot James Carson with Tulip Rifles.

1d8 [3] vs 5 + 1 = -6 DS!
12 damage!

1d8 [1] vs 5 + 1 = -6 DS!
12 damage!

1d8 [8] vs 5 + 1 + 2 = -7 DS!
14 damage!

Quote from: Vanilla Orchid Drone 2
Orchid Bomb James Carson.

1d8 [7] vs 3 + 1 = -2 DS!
6 damage!

Quote from: Vanilla Orchid Drone 3
Move and shoot James Carson with the Vibrant Laser.

1d8 [5] vs 3 + 1 - 1 = -2 DS!
4 damage!

Quote from: Dwarf Carnation Drones 2, 11 and 12
Shoot James Carson with the Vibrant Laser and guard.

1d8 [7] vs 2 + 1 = -2 DS!
4 damage!

1d8 [6] vs 2 + 1 = -2 DS!
4 damage!

1d8 [5] vs 2 + 1 = -2 DS!
4 damage!

With James coming so far forward the drones naturally turn their attention towards him while he's exposed and far from help. His machine's minimal armour is little help against railgun rounds, plasma explosions and laser shots yet somehow it manages to remain standing and fully operational. Whether it can withstand another barrage is another question entirely.

Quote from: Dwarf Carnation Drone 3
Escape the Depths!

The one remaining drone in the outer depths retreats from that mysterious liquid and back to the machinery that it was hiding behind earlier. Hardly a productive use of time but better than finding out what lurks in those waters.

Quote from: Sunset Lilac
Move east, Full Service on Vanilla Orchid Drone 1, and double move east.

Ihar Zima moves east, towards the larger concentration of drones, pausing only to repair the Vanilla Orchid Drone smashed by Ruinous Confession's artillery barrage. As long as nobody finishes off these tougher drones he will have plenty of work to do ahead of him.

Quote from: Crimson Snapdragon
Charge!

Despite her trash talking, Viktoryia ignores James for now. Her drones have obviously done significant damage to his machine and he hasn't done much in the battle. Thus it is easy to dismiss him while she focuses on the other units defending Ziva's Revenge.

Current Status

Activate!

Everyone aboard the Ziva's Revenge recovers 3 HP and SP.

Ruinous Confession recovers 2 SP.

James Carson's mech recovers 7 HP and 2 SP.

Marusya recovers 2 SP.

Outer Depths has 3 turns remaining.

Enemy Stats
Spoiler: Legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Units (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2020, 09:57:48 pm »

Move south to the pylon and use Grapple on the Crimson Snapdragon.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2020, 11:15:42 pm »

Ln'Eta

"Justice, would you mind showing some of that love to the nearest Orchid? I'll clean up after you. And Takhir, could you please either pull back or move out of the way? It would not do for you to be caught in the frenzy to come."

Wretched Deep waited its turn for Justice Kiss to attack the Orchid, before once again, its body split.

Wretched Deep shows Orchid drone 1 what lies Beyond the Gate

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 03:29:04 am »

Move north to the (western) pylon. Kick Yellow 1.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2020, 04:03:04 pm »

"Justice, would you mind showing some of that love to the nearest Orchid? I'll clean up after you. And Takhir, could you please either pull back or move out of the way? It would not do for you to be caught in the frenzy to come."
"There is enough love for all, but especially that one!

Burning Love against Orchid 3, Double Attack Burning Love against Dwarf Carnation 3
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 05:36:48 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2]