Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: no guest come to my fortress  (Read 731 times)

cooooo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
no guest come to my fortress
« on: October 08, 2020, 02:45:51 am »

My fotress has been established for more than 7 years, migrants and merchants come as normal, but no guest come to my for fortress.
Compared with my other fortresses, I guess the reason is location of fortress. This map has only 4 tiles land at one side, others are sea.
any idea?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: no guest come to my fortress
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 04:02:11 am »

Check my signature - Xestsuslozgo was an experiment in this very thing.

If it is at all accessible, it should be okay. Are merchants arriving other than dwarves? If you go to the 'c'ivilization screens, can you send squads to other sites (dwarven, elven, human, or goblin)?

If all that is true, then it may be that there are no performers in your world - which is solvable by making your own in other forts.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 08:29:23 am »

Some worlds (in particular pocket ones) seem to generate too few travelers to provide any visitors. If you don't have any other settlements on your land mass, there's nowhere from where visitors could come.

Dwarven merchants can reach you regardless of where you settle (there may be some obscure exceptions), but nobody else, including travelers from your own civ. This is what delphonso suggested you should check.

cooooo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 08:38:15 am »

Check my signature - Xestsuslozgo was an experiment in this very thing.

If it is at all accessible, it should be okay. Are merchants arriving other than dwarves? If you go to the 'c'ivilization screens, can you send squads to other sites (dwarven, elven, human, or goblin)?

If all that is true, then it may be that there are no performers in your world - which is solvable by making your own in other forts.
I have checked Xestsuslozgo,good job!
Anyway, there are no performers in a world with more than 100 years of history sounds weird.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 08:43:46 am »

It has to do with site population, I believe. The way I see it, even if the world is 1000 years old but constantly destroyed by dragons and goblin hordes - it makes sense few people have the leisure time to be travelling musicians. Pocket worlds definitely have less (probably because of fewer sites, less population).

cooooo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 08:47:47 am »

Some worlds (in particular pocket ones) seem to generate too few travelers to provide any visitors. If you don't have any other settlements on your land mass, there's nowhere from where visitors could come.

Dwarven merchants can reach you regardless of where you settle (there may be some obscure exceptions), but nobody else, including travelers from your own civ. This is what delphonso suggested you should check.
get,thx

cooooo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 08:52:08 am »

It has to do with site population, I believe. The way I see it, even if the world is 1000 years old but constantly destroyed by dragons and goblin hordes - it makes sense few people have the leisure time to be travelling musicians. Pocket worlds definitely have less (probably because of fewer sites, less population).
get,thanks for your help!