Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)  (Read 12638 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)
« on: September 29, 2020, 03:14:15 pm »

Once upon a time, there was ocean. It was barren and lifeless. But one day, there was something. No, someone. She came and created the land. She then put it right onto the ocean, and impossibly the land swam.

The goddess named the island Insula Numine, after the fact that they were going to be gods, and this was their island. She knew they will decide to make things more than they were, and they would start to imagine and create...

You play as omnipotent, but not all-knowing or omnipresent gods, like pagan gods. You are also observable and tangible, and have a physical form. You do not require sustenance and are entirely immortal.

You will create. And for each unique and/or new thing you do, you will gain titles and points, which will signify your place in the pantheon. You can only do three things per round. Each round will take 100 years in-game.

The succesfullness of your actions will be determined by a 10 sided dice I will roll. Higher the number is, more succesfull your deities actions are. There may be unintended consequences of your actions, so make your moves wisely.

You can do whatever you want. Create mountains, animals, lakes... Just don't destroy everything.

Games scope is limited to this single island and its surrounding waters, there is just an infinitely large and deep ocean over the horizon and everywhere else.

Name your character, describe them, and do things. You can join whenever you want.

I will be there too, as the elder goddess Kipp, the flying, collossal, fantail goldfish made out of orange clouds. All other deities are Kipp's direct children. I will simply fly above the island at all times, quietly observing. But I may take action if I am called, or if I want to add something of my own.

Begin.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:06:37 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; the land of Gods
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 03:22:50 pm »

Ōkeanós, The Deity of Water, The Glacier, They Whom Reside Beneath The World.(Insula Numine)
A peak of ice in the form of a mountain, water flowing through and around it.

Raise the Island into the Sky above, setting it to float eternally, taking my home beneath it's mass, within it's shadow. (Roll 3 dice)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:26:33 pm »

(Roll 3 dice)

I will be rolling the dice to ensure nobody cheats. Sorry. And I like your concept. Also you have two more actions you can use.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 03:44:46 pm »

B*st, Deity of Protection, Night, and Cats.
A gray cat with purple stripes and golden eyes.

Create mortal creatures in my image to watch over and protect Insula Numine through the night.

Create the night if it hasn't already been created.

Curl up somewhere and take a nap.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 03:56:01 pm »

I'm spending all three on it, if that's allowed? Maybe a plane of glaciers beneath it if I roll an 7-10 on the first or second.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 10:58:42 pm »

(Interested, don't have time to post anything tonight. Will hopefully be able to do something tomorrow.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 01:31:07 am »

I'm spending all three on it, if that's allowed? Maybe a plane of glaciers beneath it if I roll an 7-10 on the first or second.

Oh, I get it. You are going to lift the island, set it afloat, and then make a home underneath it. That is three separate actions.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 05:22:56 am »

1st turn

The first century on Insula Lumine have passed. The two children of Kipp, the cat-deity B*st and the water deity Ōkeanós have shaped the world around them. There isn't much to look at, but at least there is something else than saltwater and barren flat of bedrock.

Actions of Gods
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Pantheon

The World

OOC: How was it? You can act now. And any new player can join if they want to anytime.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (100AC)
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 07:41:18 am »

B*st awakens and stretches.  She Then looks around and her jaw drops at the sight of her deceased children.

"Well...
Shit."

B*st buries the remains of her First Children.

She then creates prey animals so that her Children won't go hungry again.

She then recreates her Children anew.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:38:49 am by A_Curious_Cat »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (100AC)
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 08:28:44 am »

Taking pity on the One born during Their sleep, Ōkeanós creates weather systems to take the water below, form into clouds, and rain onto the AboveWorld in cycles.

They then shape the AboveWorld's flat landscape to create freshwater seas, lakes, rivers, and waterfalls. All water eventually seeps down to the BelowWorld, but more shall arrive, and excess flow off the sides. And so the living will have water to drink

Finally, from the lifegiving water flowering trees, flowers, and plants are created of many types for the living to eat, so they do not go hungry.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:30:58 am by TricMagic »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (200AC)
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 01:55:35 pm »

2nd Turn

The second century passes on Insula Numine. The gods have worked on their little world, making it more than it is.

Actions of Gods

The Pantheon

The World

Anyone can still join. Moar the merrier.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 02:02:34 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 02:00:54 pm »

The second century passes on Insula Lumine.

Lumine???

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2020, 02:02:07 pm »

The second century passes on Insula Lumine.

Lumine???

Stupid mistakes. Imma fix it.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2020, 05:18:23 pm »

Sure, i'll join in.

"It is inevitable that something left in a state of imbalance will want to return to equilibrium, the universe itself craves balance. Where there has been nothing but darkness and emptiness until now, i now exist to bring light and life to this world." or at least, that's what the White Stag, Velkos considers the reason for his sudden existence.

The great white stag, in his appearance is anything but simple. His antlers seem like they've been combined together from those of elk, moose and other deers. They carry a small orb of light between them. A lush, voluminous mane runs from his temple down to his shoulders and around them, down to his chest, as well as forming a train, ribbons of white hairs that flow and sway gently over his back, even without any wind. His face is an equally indescribable mixture just like his antlers, but the features of moose are highly prominent, and he has a tuft long fur under his chin, like a beard. His tail resembles more the one of a lion, than the one of a deer. And he's hardly completely white, his fur being more of a very very pale blue.
And should he need to travel, he does so by air, growing a pair of large, feathered wings whenever he needs them.
Velkos is associated with Light, Nature and Wisdom.

"The prior failures of my siblings have demonstrated, that nothing natural can survive in this eternal darkness, and yet i fear that neither would they survive eternal light. A balance must be struck. Thus, i will start the cycle, the eternal dance of light and darkness; day and night. I shall create a great body in the sky to cast that light, the sun... "Sol", he shall rule the sky for a time until he becomes tired and retreats to rest, then his sister, the moon "Lua", who i too shall create will take his place, and bring with her the night, staying in the sky until she too grows tired, and then his brother Sol will return once more, bringing the day yet again."

"This world is barren and nothing could grow in this solid, impenetrable rock. I will, with a single stomp of my hooves, shall grind the surface of this place to dust, and plant within it both countless seeds, and things to sustain them. Should i not succeed in my efforts to drive away the eternal night, and provide plants with the light they need, they shall make their own light, or will not need it. The more plants, or fungi, the better."

"Wisdom needs knowledge, knowledge needs perception. I can not see everything at once, thus i will need little watchers, and what better place to watch the world from, than from above? I shall make small, winged creatures that will soar the skies and look upon this land with keen eyes and sharp minds, their form a reflection of my own wisdom."

So, why'd i write all that?
I dunno, i kinda got on a roll and just kept going. Hopefully that's OK :P
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2020, 05:30:19 pm »

Sure, i'll join in.

"It is inevitable that something left in a state of imbalance will want to return to equilibrium, the universe itself craves balance. Where there has been nothing but darkness and emptiness until now, i now exist to bring light and life to this world." or at least, that's what the White Stag, Velkos considers the reason for his sudden existence.

The great white stag, in his appearance is anything but simple. His antlers seem like they've been combined together from those of elk, moose and other deers. They carry a small orb of light between them. A lush, voluminous mane runs from his temple down to his shoulders and around them, down to his chest, as well as forming a train, ribbons of white hairs that flow and sway gently over his back, even without any wind. His face is an equally indescribable mixture just like his antlers, but the features of moose are highly prominent, and he has a tuft long fur under his chin, like a beard. His tail resembles more the one of a lion, than the one of a deer. And he's hardly completely white, his fur being more of a very very pale blue.
And should he need to travel, he does so by air, growing a pair of large, feathered wings whenever he needs them.
Velkos is associated with Light, Nature and Wisdom.

"The prior failures of my siblings have demonstrated, that nothing natural can survive in this eternal darkness, and yet i fear that neither would they survive eternal light. A balance must be struck. Thus, i will start the cycle, the eternal dance of light and darkness; day and night. I shall create a great body in the sky to cast that light, the sun... "Sol", he shall rule the sky for a time until he becomes tired and retreats to rest, then his sister, the moon "Lua", who i too shall create will take his place, and bring with her the night, staying in the sky until she too grows tired, and then his brother Sol will return once more, bringing the day yet again."

"This world is barren and nothing could grow in this solid, impenetrable rock. I will, with a single stomp of my hooves, shall grind the surface of this place to dust, and plant within it both countless seeds, and things to sustain them. Should i not succeed in my efforts to drive away the eternal night, and provide plants with the light they need, they shall make their own light, or will not need it. The more plants, or fungi, the better."

"Wisdom needs knowledge, knowledge needs perception. I can not see everything at once, thus i will need little watchers, and what better place to watch the world from, than from above? I shall make small, winged creatures that will soar the skies and look upon this land with keen eyes and sharp minds, their form a reflection of my own wisdom."

So, why'd i write all that?
I dunno, i kinda got on a roll and just kept going. Hopefully that's OK :P

Wow, bootyfull. It is okay to just write like this and have convoluted actions. But it comes at a cost. More complex an action is, more places it can have adverse effects on other things.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13