Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (1100AC)  (Read 12589 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (600AC)
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2020, 05:48:33 pm »

I will be writing the next turn soon. I am very busy IRL and will be for a time so don't expect frequent updates. Sorry.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (600AC)
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2020, 03:50:13 pm »

8th Turn

As the children of Kipp conflict and become rivals, the rest of Insula Numine can only hope that nothing bad will come of it.

Actions of Gods
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Pantheon

The World

Independant Events
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insula Numine; The Land of Gods (700AC)
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2020, 04:17:20 pm »

Um, aren't they, you know, immortal so long as the land they inhabit is fine? Some with the Wind Fairies.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2020, 04:41:06 pm »

Um, aren't they, you know, immortal so long as the land they inhabit is fine? Some with the Wind Fairies.

The land is invaded by FB's. Even if they can spawn back, they are killed again anyways.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2020, 06:50:26 pm »

As usual, Velkos sits atop the Ur-Tree, but this time with pride plainly visible on his face.
"I do not know why i bothered to ask for "permission" but it matters little, now. It's strange to think, little Velkos Jr. is over 60 years old now... Yet he certainly doesn't look it, nor does he act it... In fact, quite far from it. Though i much prefer my little white-haired guardian, my son, as he is; youthful and full of life, rather than for him to be an old and tired man. The perk of being the offspring of a god, i suppose.".
His proud smile fades as he looks up, toward Kipp, and mutters
"Yet, only a Half-god...", his voice marked with bemusement, his thoughts unknowable.

"The creation of the Keystone did not go as well as i had hoped, but it could have gone much worse and i'm glad it did not. It could have easily made the world even more unstable, or it could have ended up too zealous and cause the land to drop back into the sea or destroyed magic, or any other number of bad outcomes. Still, it is a shadow of the original, grand design, with only enough power to act as a safeguard against any new anomalies appearing."

"I find the notion of combat between gods to be a ridiculous one. Considering it is quite literally impossible for us to destroy each other, the only victims of such wars are those that live in the world."

"The situation regarding the Grove of Distortion is growing worse and worse... and these "Forgotten Beasts", they're not supposed to exist in the first place, much less outside of the dark caverns in which they were born. I do not truly mind them, but i do truly do want them gone from the places they do not belong. Therefore, i shall dedicate the bulk of my effort resolving that problem... In my way."

"To stop the abhorrent beasts from troubling the BelowWorld, i shall bring into existence the beast only seen in the stars, until today.
I will bring the great serpent, The Leviathan into being in the seas of the BelowWorld, so that it may leap from the waves and swallow any of these "Forgotten" beasts that find their way under the world whole.
It should ignore anything else living there, on the account of being an insufficient meal for it, but i do not much care whether it does... As long as there are these beasts for it to devour, it should pay little mind to anything else."

"On the world above, i shall use a solution that is remarkably similar, yet different. I shall create beings of nature to act as guardians of the world; Titans, born of all of the different lands of the AboveWorld. These colossal beings, formed from the Anima, my energy, of countless creatures that has been released with their passing and now floats in the air, awaiting purpose. They shall fight against all that is unnatural, yet be ambivalent toward the mortal creatures, ideally."

"And finally, with Gambal's failures to contain the Grove of Distortion, i feel it is my duty to step in and attempt to resolve it myself. Whether i succeed or fail, i fear it will have effects of unparalleled scale regardless. With so much divine energy having been pumped into that... Cancer, i fear that should i fail, the Grove of Distortion may be able to overpower my Keystone. This is the moment i have felt approach for the last 400 years, and i know that its outcome will determine my own future, but i will stand up and face my destiny. If and should i succeed to the highest degree, i will attempt to turn the corruption of Grove of Distortion around, and turn it into a realm of magic and light, but i will settle for simply destroying the grove, if nothing else."
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2020, 10:06:36 pm »

“If there is any way I can help you, Brother, I will.”, B*st says to Velkos.

She then looks at the ground down below.  “But what about the Hairball?  What should I do?  I feel that I must do something about it, but what?”
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2020, 01:44:46 pm »

"̵͙̱͎̾̍͆̀C̵͙̒͆̏̓̆͠ȏ̷̡̡͚͓̯̝̙̜͇̝̈́̾͆̀́̀̏̋̓̄̋̇͠ų̵̛̫̦͎͖̖̜̗͇͍̮̝̰̐͆͊́̋̏͗̇̉͂͝ľ̵̡̹̫̣̗̩̼̠͔̤͌̓͆͑̈͜͠͝d̵͚͔͈̥̩̤͕̼̼͉̺̿̔͐͆͗͜͜͝ ̵̡̧̨̺͓̬̝͇̫͔̟̻͖͖̍̎͜ì̴̡̡̺̞̹͇̱̯̯̖̫̝̟̩̻̿͛̈̓̔͐͠ ̸̢͕̳̯̘̫͒͂́́̆̏̕͜͝͠b̴̡̢̢̘̗̞͎̤̮̺̮̠̩͙̼̌̕ï̸̤̖̱̗̥͚̞̓͆̓͗̊̀͝ŗ̷̪͎̳͓̫̣̯̠͍̻͖͖̩̜̽͊̎̅̉͋͆̑̅̎͌t̴̝̲̘̪̥͖͇̀͐̀̍̈́̓̆̽̚͝h̶͙̣̭̗̗̻͔͔͋͐̌ ̶̤̟̞̑̈̊͆̈́́̈́͗͝a̴̧͚͍̩̭̖̦̫̿̓̓̌͠ ̸̨̧̛̭̠̜͈̙̮̯̰̱̣̥̖̅̈́͂̽̾̑͑̊̓͋̀͗̏͝ģ̸̢̡̧̧̖̮̳̗͚̱͔͇̣̆́̎̈́̓́̈́͋̚͝ͅô̴̡̡̦͓͓̲̟̠͈͇͈̞̈́͑͛̄̉̾͝d̴͖̙̋͑͝?̴̡̡̨̨̺̩̫̲͕̣͈͔̘̗̯͓͛"̸̛͕͎̄̈́̄͋́͒̋̏̓̓̓̓͘͜

''Yes... But should you?''

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2020, 02:21:46 pm »

Hello B*st, feline Sister!, says Gambal, who suddenly emerges from the forest.

What do you say about running after the Hairball of Doom together? Maybe you could try catching it while I attempt to daze its senses by playing a tune on my flute?, he asks, with a childish smile.

If we join our forces, perhaps would we thwart the spiteful knacks of this evil ball of fur and end its peril?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2020, 02:28:21 pm »

“And what do we do with it, once we catch it?”, B*st looks first at Gambal, then at Velkos.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2020, 02:40:10 pm »

"I believe the best way to help me, dear sister, would be to somehow prepare for the possibility that i will fail in my efforts to contain the grove of distortion.

“And what do we do with it, once we catch it?”, B*st looks first at Gambal, then at Velkos.
"I would seal it there, deep underground and let it continue producing its abominable mutants, in limited and controlled quantities, as feed for even greater creatures, and as something for foolhardy mortals to attempt to defeat."
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2020, 03:02:07 pm »

"I believe the best way to help me, dear sister, would be to somehow prepare for the possibility that i will fail in my efforts to contain the grove of distortion.

“How?  How can you fail? And how should I prepare?”, B*st says with confusion and worry on her face.

"I would seal it there, deep underground and let it continue producing its abominable mutants, in limited and controlled quantities, as feed for even greater creatures, and as something for foolhardy mortals to attempt to defeat."

“A leaking can of evil.”, B*st says thoughtfully.  “I can see how such a thing could lead to great heroes.  Heroes who could protect those around them...”.  B*st then looks at Velkos.  “Are you coming with us on our Hunt, brother?”

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2020, 03:38:26 pm »

“How?  How can you fail? And how should I prepare?”, B*st says with confusion and worry on her face.

“A leaking can of evil.”, B*st says thoughtfully.  “I can see how such a thing could lead to great heroes.  Heroes who could protect those around them...”.  B*st then looks at Velkos.  “Are you coming with us on our Hunt, brother?”

"I would fail in exactly the same way as Gambal did: by attempting to fix the Grove of Distortion, yet only make it even worse and feed it more energy. While my Keystone keeps it in check for now, i fear it is balanced on a razor thin edge. and if i fail, i fear it will overpower the keystone and the anomaly will begin to grow and consume the world, again. The danger it represents to the world, or perhaps all of existence, can not be overstated. Perhaps the best way to prepare for that worst case scenario would be to somehow ensure that the creatures on the AboveWorld could not come in contact with the Grove of Distortion., it may be the only thing that can be done, aside from fixing the Grove itself."

"But while the Grove of Distortion is a looming threat, it is currently held at bay by the Keystone, so i believe i can postpone my efforts to fix it, to join you on the hunt. But afterward, once i begin my effort to fix the Grove, it will require my undivided attention for a long time, while i slowly, carefully and meticulously attempt to unravel the mess that is the Grove of Distortion."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:43:33 pm by Strik3r »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2020, 04:11:24 pm »

"Wonderful! So we will be three gods to oppose the Hairball of Doom! I suppose that by using different strategies, at least one of us will succesfully subdue it. For my part, I will try using my flute to stupefy it, then I will play another tune to send it off to sleep."

"Maybe B*st could try using her cat stealth to catch it? Afterward, B*st could utilize her protective magic (as she is the Goddess of Protection) to conceal the Hairball in a deep cavern."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2020, 04:19:57 pm »

"I would fail in exactly the same way as Gambal did: by attempting to fix the Grove of Distortion, yet only make it even worse and feed it more energy. While my Keystone keeps it in check for now, i fear it is balanced on a razor thin edge. and if i fail, i fear it will overpower the keystone and the anomaly will begin to grow and consume the world, again. The danger it represents to the world, or perhaps all of existence, can not be overstated. Perhaps the best way to prepare for that worst case scenario would be to somehow ensure that the creatures on the AboveWorld could not come in contact with the Grove of Distortion., it may be the only thing that can be done, aside from fixing the Grove itself."

“So, you’re saying I should get on the Aethernet and see if Aecompartment has some cherubim and a flaming sword for sale?”

"But while the Grove of Distortion is a looming threat, it is currently held at bay by the Keystone, so i believe i can postpone my efforts to fix it, to join you on the hunt. But afterward, once i begin my effort to fix the Grove, it will require my undivided attention for a long time, while i slowly, carefully and meticulously attempt to unravel the mess that is the Grove of Distortion."

“Good.  We could use your help.  Thank you, brother.”

"Wonderful! So we will be three gods to oppose the Hairball of Doom! I suppose that by using different strategies, at least one of us will succesfully subdue it. For my part, I will try using my flute to stupefy it, then I will play another tune to send it off to sleep."

"Maybe B*st could try using her cat stealth to catch it? Afterward, B*st could utilize her protective magic (as she is the Goddess of Protection) to conceal the Hairball in a deep cavern."

“Yes.  I can catch it.  And I can hide it, after our older brother seals it.”

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13