Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Special Cats: end  (Read 8698 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Special Spookymonth Brawl: OCTOBER 1, SPECIAL CATS
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 10:14:18 am »

Name: Fluffy the Terrible
Appearance: Fluffy and black and terrible luck all over. Has blue eyes, and 13 white stripes on his back.
Things that make you the best: Fluffiness,
Signature Spell: Dice Storm (causes 1d6 dice to fly at lethal velocity towards an enemy, flipping a coin and hitting enemies if the coin lands on heads.)
Strikes: 0
Stuff: Staff of Uncertainty (has a large d6 attached to the top, and a d4 attached to the bottom. causes spells with dice to roll an additional die on rolls of 6 or above, bonus dice can possibly get more bonus dice. also makes a good greatmace)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:16:09 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special Spookymonth Brawl: OCTOBER 1, SPECIAL CATS
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 12:33:44 pm »

Name: The Claw
Appearance: A plain black cat
Things that make you the best: My strength and claws!
Signature Spell: Shield wall
Stuff: Big ass hammer, and a helmet
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Special Cats: October 2, Humble Startings
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 05:05:18 pm »

-

Before you is an incredibly rare sight; a bunch of antisocial cats in one place.
There's a huge number, several hundred or so, all gathered together to trade, catch up, and prepare for the coming trek. The sounds of complaining are almost deafening, as families and acquaintances are reunited. Nearby, a couple young men are having a claws-out discussion, bloodied and hissing. Whether they have any real disagreement or are just fighting for the sport of it is not clear.

Thankfully, besides a few staring kittens, it seems that everyone's smart enough not to bother you. Unfortunately, that doesn't include your two "colleagues", who you are obliged to talk with on the topic of making preparations to cross the desert.

Name: Slowpaw
Appearance: A black cat with a missing left eye - Probably related to the dent in his head on that side. Might be a bit dense, but he's kinda buff...
Things that make you the best: A really big stick to smack anyone who says otherwise.
Signature Spell: "Hit it with a stick.": Not actually a spell, as Slowpaw isn't actually a Mage. But few can argue with his stick-swinging prowess...
Strikes: 1 (Cannot be reduced below one unless his "disability" is fixed - He knows that was his 8th life right there, so he fights like he's on his last... Because he is.)
Stuff: A really big stick, and some chainmail. He's a fighter, so he doesn't need anything else.

Welcome, chosen of Zaidar. Well, you're really more a fan of his brother, Val (the sun), who's big and strong and beats people up, especially his brother. But alas, it would seem that Zaidar (the moon) has taken more of an interest in you, taking your eye in a sneaky ambush. Now, like him, you're monocular, and on clear nights when the stars are out and Zaidar's eye stares down at you, you can hear him laughing at you.
Most people say that's just the head trauma talking, but you know the truth.

(You're not really a mage, so you don't get a signature spell. This mean no rolless hitting things.)

Name: Snowfoot
Appearance: Dark brown, with a white line running from the left side of her mouth and down her chest.  Each of her paws is also white.  Somewhat large, but thin and a little lanky.
Things that make you the best: Snowfoot is *always* calm and aloof, wise and reserved.  She does not allow her emotions to control her, and always thinks of things until she reaches the ideal decision.  Once she is certain she knows what to do, she immediately enacts that plan, and directs her foolish inferiors to enact her plans.
Signature Spell: Mind control.
Stuff: Detection collar: allows Snowfoot to always be aware of minds that are anywhere near her, to a great degree of precision.  Blink bracelet: A band of metal around her right ankle, which allows her to teleport a short distance, though it literally removes her from reality for a second while she makes the transfer.  Faux fang: A magical replacement fang that she stole from an artifact collector.  Does... something, when she bites a sapient being.  She has no idea what, though.  It's probably harmful.

Mind Control: This really creates a limited linkage between minds, while also drugging the target to be suggestable. This limits the risk to yourself and the chance of permanently damaging the target, but can be resisted if the target knows how. Though, resistance is softened if the spell is used multiple times, as the drug takes greater effect.
Detection Collar: Even for you, this device is quite complex, with strand of magical logic extending far outside the item when viewed with magic smell. It's quite responsive and precise, but sometimes janks out and doesn't work at all (the GM will forget you have this sometimes)
Blink Bracelet: Shoves all of yourself and matter into the bracelet, then the bracelet itself into itself, then runs all that down some magic lines, and puts it all perfectly back together at the destination. Raises questions as to if doing so technically kills you and creates a clone.
Faux Fang: Whoever first made this has a really annoying magic style, syncing effects based off of line length rather than shared triggers. You can't make heads or tails of what it does.

Appearance: Fluffy and black and terrible luck all over. Has blue eyes, and 13 white stripes on his back.
Signature Spell: Dice Storm (causes 1d6 dice to fly at lethal velocity towards an enemy, flipping a coin and hitting enemies if the coin lands on heads.)
Stuff: Staff of Uncertainty (has a large d6 attached to the top, and a d4 attached to the bottom. causes spells with dice to roll an additional die on rolls of 6 or above, bonus dice can possibly get more bonus dice. also makes a good greatmace)

You can't get a truly random effect effect from spellwork alone. That's why you invented the "die", a cube with different sigils printed on each face, which you can use to add randomness to your spells, and thus seize upon the grand power of chaotic energy.
Other people seem to mostly use it for gambling, though.

Name: The Claw
Appearance: A plain black cat
Things that make you the best: My strength and claws!
Signature Spell: Shield wall
Stuff: Big ass hammer, and a helmet

Other people really overcomplicate things, don't they?

(Remember to post your sheet along with your action or else bad things will happen.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 05:21:43 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Special Cats: October 2, Humble Startings
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 07:02:49 pm »

Can I into cat?

Name: Mr. Whiskers
Appearance: a proud and pretty kitty
Things that make you the best: the whiskers!
Signature Spell: [DATA NOT FOUND]
Strikes: none!
Stuff: tiny whisker comb, quality whisker oil, a glock

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 07:23:10 pm »

You may indeed. Your glock is some sort of magical artifact, because Cats aren't really up to using complicated technology other than the weird shit mages come up with.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 08:20:55 pm »

Re-enact Boreale's speech (see this video for reference) while rallying our fellow cats.

it's over

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2020, 08:35:23 am »

You may indeed. Your glock is some sort of magical artifact, because Cats aren't really up to using complicated technology other than the weird shit mages come up with.

Aw sweet! What does it look like?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2020, 09:04:11 am »

Like a bewildering arcane artifact covered in bits you can't divine the purpose of (it looks like a glock)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2020, 09:55:37 am »

Like a bewildering arcane artifact covered in bits you can't divine the purpose of (it looks like a glock)

Does it use explosions to launch small pieces of metal at high velocity?
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2020, 09:56:33 am »

How should you know? You didn't make it~

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2020, 10:18:25 am »

How should you know? You didn't make it~

don't ask

((on a serious note, guns sound way cooler when you explain that they use localized explosions to shoot bullets at high velocity towards your enemies)
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2020, 10:44:18 am »

No, guns sound way cooler silenced.
Pew pew pew.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2020, 10:49:15 am »

No, guns sound way cooler silenced.
Pew pew pew.
>implying listening to explosions while your enemies die from metal flying at lethal velocity isn't cool
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2020, 10:57:48 am »

Frag grenades, not cool.
Suppressed P90, cool.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile