Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Spookyfort: Inheritance  (Read 25899 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Crystallake: A Halloween Spookyfort! See you next year!
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2020, 10:17:51 am »

I loved the chaotic ending. It sounds like Spellcrafts is at fault for screwing with things there between the wisps and witchlights. I'd like to see the gamelogs, maybe I can figure out why wisps are so tough
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2020, 10:50:46 pm »

Error and gamelog posted here.

Feel free to dig around in it - please note that I never purge my logs, so there is a lot of stuff in there from Smallhands and my own playing. Also, the errorlog includes an issue with the clowns' text file - which is to be expected as that isn't contained in the save and so couldn't be passed to every player easily.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2020, 04:09:28 am »

Thank you! I'm trying to fix up some bugs and release a new version right now anyway
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2020, 09:59:29 pm »

any chance you could post the save, and I could upload a DFMA map of the map?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2020, 06:51:49 pm »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15292

Here she is - sorry, that's after I abandoned the fort, but you should be able to reclaim without issue.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2020, 08:44:53 pm »

thanks, Delphonso! I might roll out a post-mortem journal if the reclaim is interesting.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2021, 04:27:11 am »

Halloween 2021 - Spookyfort Presents:
- Boomstick -
delphonso tossed and turned in his ☼bed☼, sleep once again alluded him. The nightmares, you see, they've been getting worse. The dead, cold eyes haunted him - on the back of his eyelids, he could see them - the hundreds, thousands who had died for his fortunes. delphonso was a man beset on all sides by grief.

The Phonso Musket was the first firearm to be mass-produced in Werae Itwarro; it revolutionized warfare. The dead heaped in piles on the outskirts of Blockadebraved, awaiting proper internment in a dwarven stronghold. From his gold block tower, delphonso saw the growing collection of dead. Each day, more arrived from Okirfath, P'kibhu'sti, or Dinkeenkoerijn. Each one, punctured by a musketball. Eventually, the world settled into an uneasy peace.

But delphonso, he gained no peace, only wealth - and there is only so much comfort you can buy for a broken soul. As many do, delphonso turned to superstition and faith for answers. He eventually got the advice he sought - build.

- You must build, if you stop, the spirits of the dead will find you.

- You must build, the spirits are seeking you, confuse them in the complexity of your works.

- You must build, if the spirits find you, you will die.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Welcome to Spookyfort 2: Boomstick.

Inspired by the story of the Winchester Mystery House, and films like Evil Dead, this year's spooky fort is about building and haunting. You are one of the restless spirits haunting delphonso. Our job is to spook delphonso while he builds an increasingly complex mansion. (To clarify, delphonso is a dwarf in the mansion we will be collaboratively building. Naming may have been a bad choice...)

• Boomstick will end if delphonso dies, as this suggests his final punishment has been doled out.
  • The workers are free game to mutilate and murder - which is a great way to spook delphonso.
  • Each overseer restless spirit should build onto the mansion. Stairwells to nowhere, doors leading to walls, pointless hallways, all encouraged!
  • Turn length is as long as you enjoy playing. Last Spookyfort we aimed to finish within 3 days, which seemed to work well.
  • The fort should be above ground mostly - don't dig under the aquifer except for resources? Quarrying is fine, as stone blocks are much better than wooden ones. (also, might be necessary to hide in the caverns if deadly invaders come, though.)
  • The turn order is loosey goosey - if you're free to pick up the save, grab it and go. Just post if you're playing so someone else doesn't do the same.

The Monster Mash:
Basebuilding: How to not be spooky - delphonso
Death: Dehydrated inside wall - delphonso
Cursed Undead - delphonso
Possessive - Nervous-Fool
Spookyfort 2: Revenge of Splint - Splint
I guess that is a victory - delphonso
Overseers desired!

Very Spooky Mod Pack:

Splint's Vanilla Expanded - by Splint
: The meat and potatoes of this year's modpack - small but wide-spread changes to gear, clothing, animals, plants and everything.

Subterrranean Extras - by Eric Blank
: Eric provided a nice pack of critters and plants for the caverns - be sure to check out Spellcrafts as well!

Ancient Guns - by Sponge
: The namely "Boomstick". Considering the creatures in this pack, guns may be necessary for basic survival.

Primal - by Enemy post
: Several of the animals and waterlife have been added from Primal (though not all) - mostly because I want to see dwarves shooting dinosaurs.

Zombies Ate My Dwarves - by ZM5
: Honestly how could I not use a pack that is specifically Halloween themed. This year the invaders should be more varied than last year.

Beldam/Other Mother - by Seraphim
: Although unlikely to visit the fortress, the other mother exists in the world, and has gotten up to some deeds. A cool little addition!

These mods are contained in the save folder - it is not necessary to download them, but I suggest you do and give them a play on your own if you enjoyed them in the modpack.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:27:57 pm by delphonso »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2021, 01:16:26 am »

ITS ALMOST SPOOKY OUTSIDE
I make Spellcrafts!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2021, 02:05:30 am »

Spooky time is coming.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2021, 04:01:08 pm »

May the spooks commence S O O N.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boomstick - a Halloween Spookyfort (Restless Spirits Wanted!)
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2021, 08:39:50 pm »

It's time to get spooky. I'm open to any and all suggestions for this run - the core ideas are in the OP and also parked in that other post.

Happy Halloween-time!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2021, 10:19:51 pm »

Posting to watch, dunno if this go around will be a good fit for my preferred narrative skills, but I'm eager to see how things go.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2021, 02:06:03 am »

Yesssss, it begins.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2021, 04:54:58 am »

The HYPE is building for the SPOOKING!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2021, 02:35:45 am »

Warm-up: 3 Spooky 5 Me.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Journal del Phonso:

I have arrived at the plot of land most recently acquired. That witch told me that the dead were coming for me, to build my own prison is my only escape. Complex, confusing, and solid.

Well, if I am to build, then I must have resource. Clear the forest.

Indeed, the hardy men who joined me deserve some lodgings as well. I imagine a grand meeting hall for drink and relaxation as well. Of course, I need my own personal quarters as well. I mocked up some blueprints

-=-=-=-=-

Construction is going well, the building is solid and after a few doors are installed, it will begin to resemble a real house. Hard to believe a month has passed already. Wait...what's that on the horizon?

The witch was right! The spirits have come for me!

Hah! Let them taste the Phonso Musket! Unparalleled on this plane or the next!

Ah...I may have...made some miscalculations...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15