Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Spookyfort: Inheritance  (Read 25934 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Dogsoldiers - A Halloween Werewolf Hunt
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2021, 03:28:27 am »

Angry human and some kind of large dog-type creature (since normal dogs are too small to make a meaningful difference in most fights) hunts werewoolves after they slaughtered his patrol one dark, foggy night in the hinterlands.

There you go for an adventurer premise. Would require lots of careful play to work out (and carry us to Halloween)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 25, 2021, 04:08:20 am »

(Must be narrated in Scottish accent)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2021, 06:11:34 am »

It'd take some serious work, but I have a proposal for next year (or whenever, really.) Mostly kind of inspired by the "autumn world" Kruggsmash is currently playing. Mainly because this year's game was kind of a bust (I'm attributing it to a weak premise this go around personally.)

I'd recommend at least a medium world, just so everyone civ-wise has room to stretch and recover, but... Halloween world. It'd basically amount to a bizarre movie and video game horror themed overhaul, with the normies trying to survive a world gone mad essentially. Possibly on account of Delphonso's doings dabling in magic at Crystallake and riling up supernatural forces (who want him dead or deranged, obviously) at Boomstick. Plus it could be released for year-round Halloween hell when done.

Just a thought though, since this October's pretty well up and a proper "Dogsoldiers" fort wouldn't be able to get done in so short a window.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2021, 07:30:40 am »

Yeah, this year was certainly a bust - I was thinking of dusting off the old modding skills and adding a variety of pumpkin-based goods. I just took a peek at the Autumn world videos - looks ideal for next year. Hopefully squamous releases it and I could potentially make some modifications of my own. (Edit: it's on DFFD)

As for Dogsoldiers/Boomstick - Ah well, can't win 'em all.

Baby's first birthday is tomorrow and Halloween the day after! Happy Halloween, everyone! Go watch a horror movie and eat some candy!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 08:33:35 am by delphonso »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2021, 02:53:10 am »

Since I know nothing about what Autumn world is, what about a fort on a glacier and a The thing theme, not sure what we could use as the monster, maybe necromorphs or something.

Also happy baby birthday!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2023, 08:58:26 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]