Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Spookyfort: Inheritance  (Read 25983 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Crystallake: A Halloween Spookyfort! Overseers welcome!
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2020, 06:27:28 am »

No worries, Splint - wipe out the siege with the magic of hacks.

Ten days until the end of Crystallake. IheartRadio is doing a Halloween podcast with Keegan-Michael Key and some other voice actors. I recommend you give it a listen - it's...not good. It's campy as all hell, but that's the specific brand of spooks I like. Name: 13 Days of Halloween

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2020, 06:45:21 am »

Yeah, once everyone's tool'd up, I'm gonna send the militia out to demand the wights surrender and leave the property. And since they obviously wont as invaders, well.

We know how guild policy dictates dealing with trespassers who refuse to comply to a reasonable order/request.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2020, 03:48:27 pm »

I can definitely increase the delay on summons. Thats too many summons too fast lol. I also didn't realize they built up summoned populations at the towers. Thats pretty cool, Summons can't build towers though...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 04:28:19 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2020, 03:59:51 pm »

Here you go guys i made a mod update just for you, significantly increased delay on summons!
I multiplied summon time by 1000, i also added not_living to all lich/necro variations this adds.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhuu23ydf7oycp2/Monsters%20Of%20Majesty%20Mod.zip?dl=1

I multiplied summon time by 1000, (Should only be able to summon about 1 per season in fort mode now)  I also added not_living to all lich/necro variations this adds.
For shadow stalkers its now two seasons if you have nay other issues let me know.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 04:27:52 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2020, 04:35:26 pm »

Is it safe to overwrite existing save game files with this though? Nothing new or significantly changed as to cause a crash?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2020, 04:38:56 pm »

Is it safe to overwrite existing save game files with this though? Nothing new or significantly changed as to cause a crash?

Just increased delay, should probably be fine? Might have to overwrite raws for current world aswell as the normal place i haven't overwritten raws on existing worlds much before.
Not sure if it will overwrite the secrets that have been generated if you just replace the raws though. Like i said havent messed with existing worlds much.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 04:43:48 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2020, 05:17:37 pm »

I don't think it'll cause any issues, since it's just tampering with existing files, not trying to crowbar in new ones or something.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2020, 05:48:44 pm »

Yeah, just wanted to double check, because I've lost saves to cludging in updates that should not have been cludged (creature materials, chiefly)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2020, 05:54:55 pm »

Creature raws are pretty safe - so go for it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2020, 07:13:43 pm »

I'll make a back-up of the save as a precaution. Gonna shoot for an update either tomorrow or the day after, depending on what goes on and what needs doing. Figure I should be able to get through to the end of summer or autumn  if I don't dick around doing other stuff like I did today, but if anything interesting shows up I'll probably wanna include some scibblings.

The extent pile of monsters has been dispatched, as have the zombies (which clocked in at well over 400 units being removed from play,) I neglected to check for enemy armament, but if it's insufficient I'll just have the militia run these idiots off after they all get around to putting their damned armor on.

EDIT: So we're under siege again as of Hematite. Sallow hunters, seem to be bandits I guess since they didn't come at us with the standard necroseige message.

Most of them also have no training, armor, or weapons. I think it's time to test out the militia's new kit. Got a bunch of stuff I wanna draw, but things are going well otherwise.

EDIT II: Drawings underway. Update will come tomorrow one way or another assuming I don't have to help seal the driveway.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2020, 04:40:38 pm »

"To whom it may concern,

Let me begin by extending my gratitude for the outside intervention. Over the course of the last few weeks, the army lead by the local necromancer cult as effectively ceased to be able to function. Repeated attempts to summon more shadow beasts have reportedly resulted in the creatures emerging from their portals, and dying of sudden, violent exsanguination. Zombie servants have likewise begun collapsing under their own weight. I trust the cost was not too severe, and effective 1st of Felsite, I have lead the milita out to demand the wights surrender and vacating from the company's property (and by extension, the kingdom's territory.)

Thankfully, they were reasonable anf fled the field when faced with the threat of armed dwarves bearing steel axes (the intruders' own armor was very patchwork, not unlike that of the common goblin.) There are a few undead lingering, but nothing that would pose a sufficient threat to a suitably motivated dwarf; cardinal men, even in a zombified capacity, are still barely bigger than well-fed guard dogs after all. At any rate, I have confirmed they have indeed driven away company personnel, as the smoke bombs they sued to cover their escape had DFM marks and the stashes of such equipment we had on the property were all broken into forcibly.

And speaking of undead, I'd like to commend Security Dwarf Sigun Castlemoistened as she dispastched an undead giant cardinal single-handedly with a single blow!

We've also been seeing more creatures in the caversn, one of which was captured. I confess I once never understood that decree about getting guild approval for accessing the caverns, but now I genuinely appreciate it.

The things down there... Even mundane horrors have managed to not be crowded out. I personally would recommend campaigns of extermination against the things down there, but I understand it would be far too expensive in funds, materials, and lives.

I also have the dubious honor of reporting a particular creature's existence. That of the Black-eyed Children. Surely, sir, you know of the hillock legend of these strange vampiric beings. A number were sighted nosing around one of the wights' victims (a badly mangled corpse of a cardinal man,) and were driven away by the panicked, girlish screams of Zultan Waneaxe, who insists we call her "King" Zultan. Her frankly shrill alarm cries at the sighting were quite unbecoming of a she-dwarf her age quite frankly, considering she likely could have bludgeoned the things to death bare-handed.)

Another, one Alath Lanceseal, also began to behave erratically, bursting from her quarters and declaring she knew what she had to to and commandeered one of our carpentry station. She seized two iron ingots, some cherry wood, and galena ore, as well as some spare leather - speaking of which, silver and galena ore can be found in abundance, should the guild decide the company has to repay them directly. As a show of good faith, a batch of 4500 silver coins is being prepared for shipment come autumn.

The produce was a simple door, though undeniably well made, and heralded the birth of a new male beardling, named Olin Paddlematch. I can only hope his mother will decide against using him as ablative armor.

There was also an unfortunate event as of the 1st of Hematite.

fifteen or so "Sallow Hunters," most of them unarmed rabble arrived, demanding compensation for the dead shadow beasts. Expedition leader Ber responded with an unholy spiel of profanity the likes of which I didn't think that woman was capable of. They proceeded to chase her twards the fortress, whereupon the militia engaged them in the courtyard of our castle (an unfinished attraction.) Ushrir Praiseddike in particular landed an especially nasty blow to one carrying a bow (who foolishly tried to use his bow in close combat.)

The enemy was hideously disorganized, trickling into the security team's waiting axes a few at a time. Security Dwarf Adil repeated Ushrir's feat during the battle. After 9 of the intruders were dead, the remainder retreated, two of which were heard screaming "FINE KEEP YOUR SHIT!" and "THERE'S NO WAY THIS IS WORTH IT!" I like to think this has proven how willing the company is to hold this patch of ground.

I've also taken the liberty of rebuilding the depot, as it was destroyed during the battle by a burst of... Something. What, I can't tell, but there was a cloud of blue... Stuff, I guess, that I'm told is called "aetherium" during the battle.

You may also notice it was not one of the usual guild couriers who delviered this, but a rather foul-tempered dwarf named Moldath. I fired and then expelled them afetr they began throwing tantrums - their duties in the venture were not ones that were irreplaceable, and the peasant Ineth was hired to replace them  (I ask you not inform Moldath they were replaced by a thirteen-year-old.) While Moldath has carried out undeniable service to the company, it had to be done, lest they pose a threat to the remaining staff and guests. Not that it mattered much, as new guests arrived not long after and Sarvesh Treatyearths gave birth to a boy she named Kogan Nightstaff. I took the liberty of enrolling two into company service.

The summer operations were concluded with my ordering the completion of the southern road, and the last of the furniture being placed in the security barracks. As my expertise is in the management of assault troops, I intend to leave the assembly of a ranger corps to the next site director. Additional, Security Dwarf Kib Lustrouslanced birthed a child, also named Kib, though instead it was Kib Strokeattics

And while a mar against the company, it can be said that the venture does indeed continue to provide its advertised service.

After a discussion with Cilob, he has agreed to enter Post-mortem Employment with DFM, and has had another citizen sign the necessary forms on his behalf. The remainder of autumn and summer passed without incident, apart from the completion of the road, the arrival of two new guests who say they were attacked by bandits (I suspect it to be those sallow hunters or their handlers,) and the now-Manager Ineth making a marvelous scepter. A number of forest rats also made off with some abandoned supplies from a recked wagon, but it wasn't worth the effort to pursue them.

My next report should arrive by the end of next spring.

Signed,
Splint Orderdyes"

As always, each letter came with a twin, opened elsewhere...

"Management,

Who the fuck let a half-dozen out of work musicians come here? None of these idiots had marketable skills (I just stuck them on the smoothing team for the time being since we lack dedicated entertainment facilities,) so I sincerely doubt they had the money to pay for the trip and time here. Did they trade you their fuckin' instruments?

I also hope the mediums or whatever the hell weren't too expensive. If it weren't for them, we'd still be trapped in this hole while they built ramps out of shadow beasts, so thanks for that. There'll be a few chests of coins ready for delivery to try and make up the cost for that shit. I assure you, they're made to guild regs so they'll be honored anywhere in the kingdom's territory. Unless they changed the weights again, which is entirely possible.

- Splint"

UPDATE!

Only one season to go. Barracks is done, finished the road, got an ammo room added, drove off the siege and a follow-up, the second of which I didn't even need to do anything with. The few armed and armored sallow bois who actually reached us had crap armor for the most part that couldn't stand up to steel axes. Like a third buggered off after we slaughtered the conga line of morons as they trickled in due to the drastic weight differences in their stuff.

I was going to include a couple more drawings, of the scepter and black-eyed kid, but decided against it in the interests of time. I also finished the access tunnel under the devil's mouth, so whenever we need to we can send a miner down to tap into the clown car directly.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2020, 04:49:13 pm »

Nice work. What's the current population? Wondering when a non-necro siege will pop up.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2020, 04:52:48 pm »

The produce was a simple door, though undeniably well made, and heralded the birth of a new male beardling, named Olin Paddlematch.

This artifact is amazing, something like that would look wonderful in real life!

Nice Fire Imp drawing, really brings to life those little bastards . I feel like our dwarves are playing Doom RL with only some axes and a whole lotta beer.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2020, 05:13:04 pm »

Nice work. What's the current population? Wondering when a non-necro siege will pop up.

Currently we got 55 people, several of them being children or babies born in-house. And honestly, one probably won't come during my turn, and at the rate things are going (my bad, sorry,) we probably won't see one any time soon.

The produce was a simple door, though undeniably well made, and heralded the birth of a new male beardling, named Olin Paddlematch.

This artifact is amazing, something like that would look wonderful in real life!

Nice Fire Imp drawing, really brings to life those little bastards . I feel like our dwarves are playing Doom RL with only some axes and a whole lotta beer.

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I like to draw artifacts, and I focus on making them look plausible and reasonable, instead of these ridiculous (and more importantly, hard to draw,) abominations.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2020, 10:44:07 pm »

"To whom it may concern,

Let me begin by extending my gratitude for the outside intervention. Over the course of the last few weeks, the army lead by the local necromancer cult as effectively ceased to be able to function. Repeated attempts to summon more shadow beasts have reportedly resulted in the creatures emerging from their portals, and dying of sudden, violent exsanguination. Zombie servants have likewise begun collapsing under their own weight. I trust the cost was not too severe, and effective 1st of Felsite, I have lead the milita out to demand the wights surrender and vacating from the company's property (and by extension, the kingdom's territory.)

Thankfully, they were reasonable anf fled the field when faced with the threat of armed dwarves bearing steel axes (the intruders' own armor was very patchwork, not unlike that of the common goblin.) There are a few undead lingering, but nothing that would pose a sufficient threat to a suitably motivated dwarf; cardinal men, even in a zombified capacity, are still barely bigger than well-fed guard dogs after all. At any rate, I have confirmed they have indeed driven away company personnel, as the smoke bombs they sued to cover their escape had DFM marks and the stashes of such equipment we had on the property were all broken into forcibly.

And speaking of undead, I'd like to commend Security Dwarf Sigun Castlemoistened as she dispastched an undead giant cardinal single-handedly with a single blow!

We've also been seeing more creatures in the caversn, one of which was captured. I confess I once never understood that decree about getting guild approval for accessing the caverns, but now I genuinely appreciate it.

The things down there... Even mundane horrors have managed to not be crowded out. I personally would recommend campaigns of extermination against the things down there, but I understand it would be far too expensive in funds, materials, and lives.

I also have the dubious honor of reporting a particular creature's existence. That of the Black-eyed Children. Surely, sir, you know of the hillock legend of these strange vampiric beings. A number were sighted nosing around one of the wights' victims (a badly mangled corpse of a cardinal man,) and were driven away by the panicked, girlish screams of Zultan Waneaxe, who insists we call her "King" Zultan. Her frankly shrill alarm cries at the sighting were quite unbecoming of a she-dwarf her age quite frankly, considering she likely could have bludgeoned the things to death bare-handed.)

Another, one Alath Lanceseal, also began to behave erratically, bursting from her quarters and declaring she knew what she had to to and commandeered one of our carpentry station. She seized two iron ingots, some cherry wood, and galena ore, as well as some spare leather - speaking of which, silver and galena ore can be found in abundance, should the guild decide the company has to repay them directly. As a show of good faith, a batch of 4500 silver coins is being prepared for shipment come autumn.

The produce was a simple door, though undeniably well made, and heralded the birth of a new male beardling, named Olin Paddlematch. I can only hope his mother will decide against using him as ablative armor.

There was also an unfortunate event as of the 1st of Hematite.

fifteen or so "Sallow Hunters," most of them unarmed rabble arrived, demanding compensation for the dead shadow beasts. Expedition leader Ber responded with an unholy spiel of profanity the likes of which I didn't think that woman was capable of. They proceeded to chase her twards the fortress, whereupon the militia engaged them in the courtyard of our castle (an unfinished attraction.) Ushrir Praiseddike in particular landed an especially nasty blow to one carrying a bow (who foolishly tried to use his bow in close combat.)

The enemy was hideously disorganized, trickling into the security team's waiting axes a few at a time. Security Dwarf Adil repeated Ushrir's feat during the battle. After 9 of the intruders were dead, the remainder retreated, two of which were heard screaming "FINE KEEP YOUR SHIT!" and "THERE'S NO WAY THIS IS WORTH IT!" I like to think this has proven how willing the company is to hold this patch of ground.

I've also taken the liberty of rebuilding the depot, as it was destroyed during the battle by a burst of... Something. What, I can't tell, but there was a cloud of blue... Stuff, I guess, that I'm told is called "aetherium" during the battle.

You may also notice it was not one of the usual guild couriers who delviered this, but a rather foul-tempered dwarf named Moldath. I fired and then expelled them afetr they began throwing tantrums - their duties in the venture were not ones that were irreplaceable, and the peasant Ineth was hired to replace them  (I ask you not inform Moldath they were replaced by a thirteen-year-old.) While Moldath has carried out undeniable service to the company, it had to be done, lest they pose a threat to the remaining staff and guests. Not that it mattered much, as new guests arrived not long after and Sarvesh Treatyearths gave birth to a boy she named Kogan Nightstaff. I took the liberty of enrolling two into company service.

The summer operations were concluded with my ordering the completion of the southern road, and the last of the furniture being placed in the security barracks. As my expertise is in the management of assault troops, I intend to leave the assembly of a ranger corps to the next site director. Additional, Security Dwarf Kib Lustrouslanced birthed a child, also named Kib, though instead it was Kib Strokeattics

And while a mar against the company, it can be said that the venture does indeed continue to provide its advertised service.

After a discussion with Cilob, he has agreed to enter Post-mortem Employment with DFM, and has had another citizen sign the necessary forms on his behalf. The remainder of autumn and summer passed without incident, apart from the completion of the road, the arrival of two new guests who say they were attacked by bandits (I suspect it to be those sallow hunters or their handlers,) and the now-Manager Ineth making a marvelous scepter. A number of forest rats also made off with some abandoned supplies from a recked wagon, but it wasn't worth the effort to pursue them.

My next report should arrive by the end of next spring.

Signed,
Splint Orderdyes"

As always, each letter came with a twin, opened elsewhere...

"Management,

Who the fuck let a half-dozen out of work musicians come here? None of these idiots had marketable skills (I just stuck them on the smoothing team for the time being since we lack dedicated entertainment facilities,) so I sincerely doubt they had the money to pay for the trip and time here. Did they trade you their fuckin' instruments?

I also hope the mediums or whatever the hell weren't too expensive. If it weren't for them, we'd still be trapped in this hole while they built ramps out of shadow beasts, so thanks for that. There'll be a few chests of coins ready for delivery to try and make up the cost for that shit. I assure you, they're made to guild regs so they'll be honored anywhere in the kingdom's territory. Unless they changed the weights again, which is entirely possible.

- Splint"

UPDATE!

Only one season to go. Barracks is done, finished the road, got an ammo room added, drove off the siege and a follow-up, the second of which I didn't even need to do anything with. The few armed and armored sallow bois who actually reached us had crap armor for the most part that couldn't stand up to steel axes. Like a third buggered off after we slaughtered the conga line of morons as they trickled in due to the drastic weight differences in their stuff.

I was going to include a couple more drawings, of the scepter and black-eyed kid, but decided against it in the interests of time. I also finished the access tunnel under the devil's mouth, so whenever we need to we can send a miner down to tap into the clown car directly.

The update worked out fine right? SLowed down shadow beast spawnage as it should have? Also i have seen no peopel draw shadow beasts yet! PTW
I am an indie game dev!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15